DDT (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

DDT (Discussion)

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:02 am

The DDT thread on the other forum ruled. Let's keep that going, yeah?

Quentin Moody

Re: DDT - Promotion of the (half) Year 2015

Post by Quentin Moody » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:42 am

King Of DDT finals was a very fun show. Loved Takeshita vs Sakaguchi. Sakaguchi just works his style so well. Like Case mentioned in the old thread, he gets it in a way Shibata doesn't (even though I really like Shibata too).
Last edited by Quentin Moody on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:44 am

DDT “RYOGOKU PETER PAN 2015”, 23/08/2015
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. DDT Extreme Title – Uchikami! Presents: Akito (c) Vs X
2. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) Vs Winners Of 5/7 Next Challenger Match
3. Genichiro Tenryu Retirement Road Round 15: Genichiro Tenryu, Sanshiro Takagi & Saki Akai Vs X, X & X
4. Dramatic Dream Match: HARASHIMA Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
5. KO-D Openweight Title – Good Com Asset Presents: KUDO (c) Vs Yukio Sakaguchi

RealHero

Post by RealHero » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:51 am

This is the Greatest Theme Currently in Wrestling:

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:00 am

K. Hare wrote:DDT “RYOGOKU PETER PAN 2015”, 23/08/2015
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

2. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) Vs Winners Of 5/7 Next Challenger Match
3. Genichiro Tenryu Retirement Road Round 15: Genichiro Tenryu, Sanshiro Takagi & Saki Akai Vs X, X & X
This show looks like a possible sellout even before they announce anything with Ibushi, Takeshita, Endo, etc.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:49 am

Tanahashi's troll promo was brilliant. "Two years ago you got Okada. Last year you got Tanahashi. If you were expecting Nakamura this year then I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
K. Hare wrote:DDT “RYOGOKU PETER PAN 2015”, 23/08/2015
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

This show looks like a possible sellout even before they announce anything with Ibushi, Takeshita, Endo, etc.
I don't get the impression that Endo will be healthy. He bashed up his heel pretty good and there's been no talk of when his return will be. A shame because I thought he was looking phenomenal.

Takeshita & Honda vs Ibushi & Sasaki this weekend decides who faces Sekimoto & Okabayashi. I'd be fine with either result but I want either Takeshita or Ibushi to end up against Akito.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:43 pm

and yeah, Yukio Sakaguchi (who is 41 by the way!) was incredible in King Of DDT. Particularly on the last night. Both his matches were great with the final being a MOTM contender. The Right Knee Of God might be the sickest finish in wrestling right now. The way Takeshita sold it certainly helped. Also the Cobra Clutch is over with me huge after the way he beat Higuchi (who's fucking GREAT by the way) with it.

I would have never imagined KUDO vs Sakaguchi as the Sumo Hall main event but I'll be damned if I'm not excited for it.

AaronVonCool

Post by AaronVonCool » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Higuchi is soooo freaking good. His selling of the sleeper during the final stretch of that Sakaguchi match was so awesome, even crazier considering he's been wrestling a little over 6 months, the dude is gonna be a star.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:08 pm

I don't want to toot my own horn but I did predict Sakaguchi winning to face KUDO. I didn't think anyone else liked Sakaguchi to be honest, he was my favourite from the get go in DDT. Super excited to see the match.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

RajahDDT

Post by RajahDDT » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:58 pm

AaronVonCool wrote:Higuchi is soooo freaking good. His selling of the sleeper during the final stretch of that Sakaguchi match was so awesome, even crazier considering he's been wrestling a little over 6 months, the dude is gonna be a star.
This. All of this. Kazusada Higuchi is far and away my rookie of the year; I don't even see how he has any competition. I'll have to confess to having turned around on Sakaguchi. I was one of those who didn't think much of him, but kicky guys have a way of growing on me.

Larsosc

Post by Larsosc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:29 pm

Jumping on the Higuchi train with you guys. His facials, his selling and all the intensity he brought to the table in that Sakaguchi match made for an awesome, arguably **** nine minute match. Sakaguchi is awesome and I agree that he's not just your average MMA kicky guy, but I'll be damned if Higuchi didn't win the majority of people over with that performance. He's a natural, came off to me as a vet. The best match of the finals show was the final itself, but I'm giving Higuchi the award for best performance. Didn't even know this guy was a rookie. That finish was so good. 3 more minutes and who knows where that match would have ended. Maybe it would have been worse considering Higuchi is pretty fresh, but I wanted more.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:31 pm

Larsosc wrote:Jumping on the Higuchi train with you guys. His facials, his selling and all the intensity he brought to the table in that Sakaguchi match made for an awesome, arguably **** nine minute match. Sakaguchi is awesome and I agree that he's not just your average MMA kicky guy, but I'll be damned if Higuchi didn't win the majority of people over with that performance. He's a natural, came off to me as a vet. The best match of the finals show was the final itself, but I'm giving Higuchi the award for best performance. Didn't even know this guy was a rookie. That finish was so good. 3 more minutes and who knows where that match would have ended. Maybe it would have been worse considering Higuchi is pretty fresh, but I wanted more.
+1, I didn't even realize he was a rookie either. He's doing a lot of things very right. Loved it.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:37 pm

It's fucking crazy that DDT have one rookie with the little things, selling and presence that Higuchi has and another rookie who is already one of the best flyers in Japan (Shunma Katsumata).

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:36 pm

If you have ever seen an animal prey attacked by a predator. The struggle to get free while the predator has vice like grips and just wears the prey into submission.

That's exactly what the Cobra Clutch looked like on Higuchi. The application and selling was very "national geographic". Fucking loved it.

Higuchi is very smart in his style of wrestling. He obviously has a fundamental base from Sumo and he works his match out of that base. The sky is really the limit for him.