Wrestle-1 thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
PKThree

Re: Wrestle-1 thread

Post by PKThree » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:58 am

Danwaka wrote:Their biggest show in the last month drew 430 fans, and that's supposing that's a legit number. Best show so far this year drew 926 on the back of Kono vs. Soya for the W-1 Championship.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kono and Soya back in AJPW full time, to be honest. I guess Mutoh could take Hayashi, Yamato and Kondo over to his Masters project since they're his trainers and bookers. Muto's clearly friendly with Uchiga still given he got booked for NOAH, so maybe he can pass off the ex-WNC guys to NOAH and keep his ACE students for the Masters promotion? And KAZMA can fuck off back to K-DOJO.
Doi, Kumagoro, Yoshioka and Ikemen could probably end up in All Japan as well since they've already been used by them in the last year.

Kono I feel would probably be most needed in NOAH considering how paper thin their heavyweight ranks are right now. Not saying he'd be champ, but he'd slot in well as a tag team guy for them. And Kazma is already in NOAH at least for one show with the big Yokohama show.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Yeah, KAZMA can still fuck off to K-DOJO. I'd rather have Tank or Kengo in NOAH than him. Fuck, I'd take panty-peeker Taishi over him.

pol

Post by pol » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:26 pm

There's enough groups out there in need of talent right now that I imagine most guys would land somewhere. The young boys would struggle though, as most of them are really small.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Well, WWE is looking at WWE Asia. These guys have solid fundamentals for the most part, so maybe the E' can give them a look-see.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Danwaka wrote:Well, WWE is looking at WWE Asia. These guys have solid fundamentals for the most part, so maybe the E' can give them a look-see.
Takagi could probably take most of the trainees into the bigger DDT family if needed as well.

Or some new company sprouts up to make room. As usually happens in Japan.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:38 pm

PKThree wrote:
Danwaka wrote:Well, WWE is looking at WWE Asia. These guys have solid fundamentals for the most part, so maybe the E' can give them a look-see.
Takagi could probably take most of the trainees into the bigger DDT family if needed as well.

Or some new company sprouts up to make room. As usually happens in Japan.
Forgot that DDT still had a hand in W-1. Don't they already have way too many rookies waiting for call ups though?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Danwaka wrote: Forgot that DDT still had a hand in W-1. Don't they already have way too many rookies waiting for call ups though?
DDT just creates new brands when needed. DNA is its own outfit now with its own roster. Basara is the same. And there's like 3-4 more and a all female brand as well.

DDT if anyone could make room for some lost lambs. Assuming they don't apply to the AJPW/NOAH/BJW dojos.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm not sure if DDT's promotional model is more impressive or more strange. It's like it's own little NWA in Japan.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Danwaka wrote:I'm not sure if DDT's promotional model is more impressive or more strange. It's like it's own little NWA in Japan.
I think DDT owning all the side businesses they do help. They run a bunch of bars/restaurants so they have money coming in even if some of the shows/brands don't do that well.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:48 pm

PKThree wrote:
Danwaka wrote:I'm not sure if DDT's promotional model is more impressive or more strange. It's like it's own little NWA in Japan.
I think DDT owning all the side businesses they do help. They run a bunch of bars/restaurants so they have money coming in even if some of the shows/brands don't do that well.
I suppose it makes for a nice retirement package for the older wrestlers, getting to run a bar or a restaurant.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:00 pm

This company is as good as dead. Will make time to discuss this on next week's show.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:31 pm

pol wrote:There's enough groups out there in need of talent right now that I imagine most guys would land somewhere. The young boys would struggle though, as most of them are really small.
Those young guys and other W1 rejects can from El Dorado 2
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Statoke wrote:
pol wrote:There's enough groups out there in need of talent right now that I imagine most guys would land somewhere. The young boys would struggle though, as most of them are really small.
In fairness, those treasure and pirate company gimmicks the Toryumon rejects set up were pretty cool. Type of stuff you'd see in Chikara or with the Broken Hardys.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Danwaka wrote:
Statoke wrote:
In fairness, those treasure and pirate company gimmicks the Toryumon rejects set up were pretty cool. Type of stuff you'd see in Chikara or with the Broken Hardys.
You won't find a bigger SECRET BASE fan than me. I love pirate wrestlers on an eternal quest for booty.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:This company is as good as dead. Will make time to discuss this on next week's show.
FYI, their biggest show ever was Mutoh's 30th anniversary show in 2014, which was supposed to have drawn 7,200 fans. Their first show attendance was 2,500 in 2013 for a mystery card. Second and third largest were also in 2014 with 5.800 for Outbreak with TNA and then 4,800 fans on another show with a lot of outside presence (Impact, Z-1, some Brito-European indie wrestlers). In 2016 their biggest show was a Pro Wrestling Love in Yokohama with 1,902 fans. Largest show this year was a Kono-Soya headliner for the W-1 championship at 926.

So clearly, W-1 should have done more business with IMPACT THE PREBORN.