Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Danwaka

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by Danwaka » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:10 pm

PKThree wrote:Kingston should have been in Japan a long time ago to be honest. His style is tailored after guys like Kawada and Kobashi and he talks a lot about his fandom for 90s Japanese wrestling in every interview I have heard with him
Huh. I've never watched a match of his, but someone said he was a better promo than a worker.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Danwaka wrote: Huh. I've never watched a match of his, but someone said he was a better promo than a worker.
Him tailoring his style after them doesn't necessarily translate into being as good. But Kingston if a bit underrated. He's decent at worst imo. His strength is in brawling

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:21 pm

I understand that working with TNA gives them a good talent base to draw from, but I don't know if I'd feel great about the move if I were a NOAH fan.

One, it's TNA. Maybe that's unfair, new people in charge, so we'll get that one out of the way. But, it is TNA. Two, as somebody mentioned, what's the cost going to be.

The reason I'd be down on this though is, looking from the outside in, it seemed like NOAH were going the All Japan route. They hit a point where fans and outside observers were down on the company and they went back to basics to try and build things back up. It took All Japan time but it seems to be having a positive effect now. They picked someone to be the new star, they've apparently focused on some younger native talent as well, simple booking and they seem to have gained people's trust.

NOAH could still do all of that. Plus AJPW relied on other companies at points for roster depth like BJPW and obviously NOAH's got plenty of history of having gaijin workers in regularly so that's not an issue. But bringing in guys from TNA and CRASH, that's two more sets of people you've got to keep happy in your booking. It's one thing bringing these guys in but are they going to be filling the Doug Williams spot on the undercard, or are they going to be Joe and Magnus winning your tag belts? Because I'm not sure that's what you want if you're in a rebuilding period (especially when you're rebuilding from outsiders having all your belts and being all over your show).

Maybe beggars can't be choosers, but I wouldn't look at NOAH post-New Japan deal and say what they need is to go back to TNA involvement personally.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Feeding TNA guys to Nakajima and Kitamiya isn't the worst thing in the world, I'd think. Bobby Lashley, Moose and the Wolves are known commodities in Japan.

duyarvish

Post by duyarvish » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:10 pm

From a fan perspective i guess it's impossible to judge if an influx of TNA guys make the shows better or worse but man the doldrums of the TNA roster are really bad and I hope NOAH gets to pick who they want to use.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:07 am

Keep in mind that MVP patterned his offense after Kawada and most people think he was garbage in NJPW.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:16 am

DETROIT_KEJB wrote:Keep in mind that MVP patterned his offense after Kawada and most people think he was garbage in NJPW.
Was he that bad in NJPW I started watching NJPW when he did his last match at Wrestle Kingdom the dark match 8 man tag.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Goat

Post by Goat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:08 am

Garbage is too strong. I'd say he was more the definition of average.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:39 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind DJ Z vs. Atsushi Aoki.

Also, if this means we get more high profile Lashley matches, I'm all for it.

rollup

Post by rollup » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:11 pm

sugiura vs Lashely would be awesome

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:53 pm

InYourCase wrote:I certainly wouldn't mind DJ Z vs. Atsushi Aoki.

Erm..... Aoki is not with NOAH anymore, hasn't been for years.

Did you perhaps mean Kotoge?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Hadn't thought of the potential for more big time Lashley matches against bruisers from NOAH.

I am now very excite.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:53 pm

The potential for a partnership with CRASH/NOAH/TNA (and potentially ITV/World Of Sport, as mentioned by Meltzer) is actually very intriguing. I'm a guy who's followed NOAH closely, but given what I've heard about NOAH since the sale last year (mainly regarding a much smaller roster), this seems like something that could only help NOAH. There are a lot of guys on TNA roster who I'd love to see in NOAH (Lashey, The Wolves, DJ Z, Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, and potentially Galloway if he decides to stay). As far as the TNA end of it goes, if this leads to NOAH guys coming over, I might actually start watching TNA again on a more regular basis.

The thing with TNA is, I know people have said the product over the last year hasn't been that bad (and I have checked out all of the crazy stuff involving The Hardys), but two hours is a lot of time to commit to watching a wrestling show every week (for the record, I don't watch RAW regularly anymore, though I try to watch SmackDown every week). It's so hard to recommit to watching a show like TNA full-time after you stopped watching it for a significant period, but if NOAH guys start coming over to TNA, that might actually encourage me to get back into the product more regularly.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:43 pm

PKThree wrote:
InYourCase wrote:I certainly wouldn't mind DJ Z vs. Atsushi Aoki.

Erm..... Aoki is not with NOAH anymore, hasn't been for years.

Did you perhaps mean Kotoge?
I actually meant Harada haha. Don't know why I had the All Japan roster on my mind.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Nakajima/Lashley is an incredibly interesting matchup.
Galloway/Shiozaki or Marifuji. If it's just a couple times a year it shouldn't be too bad.