Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Lonelyluchadore

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by Lonelyluchadore » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:25 am

Watched the 21/1 show yesterday. Absolutely loved it. Really enjoyed the final tag match. Reminded me of 90's All Japan with everyone in the ring towards the end and it being carnage, but not brawling in the aisles (if that makes sense).

Loving Marafuji ko'ing everyone. liked the 9/1 ending a bit better with the knee, thinking he's OK and then kneeing him again straight away.

Impressed with Ohara too.

Puroman

Post by Puroman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

They're running Korakuen on 2/14, 2/28, and 3/25. Hakata Star Lanes is being run 2/18, and Great Voyage in Yokohama on 3/12. The website doesn't tell me anything about airing dates like it did for this tour, but expect those five shows minimum to pop up on the Archive eventually.
2/14 Korakuen = Samurai TV
2/18 Hakata = Samurai TV
2/24 Korakuen = G+
3/12 Great Voyage = G+

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:05 am

NOAH and TNA are officially working together again and TNA will be present on the big Yokohama show in March

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:50 pm

PKThree wrote:NOAH and TNA are officially working together again and TNA will be present on the big Yokohama show in March
Ugh. Why?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Rottenrocker wrote:
PKThree wrote:NOAH and TNA are officially working together again and TNA will be present on the big Yokohama show in March
Ugh. Why?
Cus...

MOOSE! MOOSE! MOOSE! MOOSE!

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Rottenrocker wrote:
Ugh. Why?
The Hardy's are collecting tag belts from around the world and they need one from Japan.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:49 pm

These Noah shows look great, so many cool matches! Ohara/Kenoh on Valentines Day, Dove Pro vs Ishimori and HI69 for GHC Jr Tag Titles and Nakajima/Marufuji vs Go/Maybach from 18/02 and Akitoshi vs YO-HEY, Marufuji vs Kotoge and Masa/Kenoh vs Sugi/Kaito. Excited for all of this shit!
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Not sure why people are so down on the TNA thing. TNA has plenty of good workers who can help with depth and mix things up. Moose, Lashley, Edwards, DJZ, etc.

Do I think the NOAH talent will be used well in TNA? Based on history, no, you can't say that. But as someone who cares more about NOAH than TNA, I think they are getting the better end of the deal.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Not sure why people are so down on the TNA thing. TNA has plenty of good workers who can help with depth and mix things up. Moose, Lashley, Edwards, DJZ, etc.

Do I think the NOAH talent will be used well in TNA? Based on history, no, you can't say that. But as someone who cares more about NOAH than TNA, I think they are getting the better end of the deal.
Well, with Dixie and Russo gone, maybe?

Management is completely different now than it was during the W-1 and NJPW partnerships. It's worth giving a chance.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:04 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:Not sure why people are so down on the TNA thing. TNA has plenty of good workers who can help with depth and mix things up. Moose, Lashley, Edwards, DJZ, etc.

Well, with Dixie and Russo gone, maybe?

Management is completely different now than it was during the W-1 and NJPW partnerships. It's worth giving a chance.
I agree with that, but the bigger picture history of how U.S. promotions treat talent exchanges can't be ignored. It's just never a priority.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:51 am

Joe Lanza wrote:
I agree with that, but the bigger picture history of how U.S. promotions treat talent exchanges can't be ignored. It's just never a priority.
From a match perspective I am all game for this.

I'm just wondering who is footing the bill for the TNA talent. Uchida has said that NOAH is working on a very tight budget since the coffers are empty and they've been operating on a loss for the last couple of years. And even if Estbee (the parent company) has rich pockets they want NOAH to start carrying its own weight financially.

If TNA is flying out their own talent on their own dollar by all means, go wild. If NOAH has to pay for the flights maybe they should stick to 2-3 guys

BwainBusta

Post by BwainBusta » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:10 pm

TNA and NOAH both had depth issues and it also allows them access to talent without really opening the wallet. TNA is also in talks with Konnan's CRASH promotion for a working relationship so we could see CRASH-TNA-NOAH and that would really open up some amazing match ups. Galloway, Lashley, Lee, Everett, Wolves, Moose and others could really work out in NOAH for a few reasons. It would cause guys like Moose to tighten shit up in ring or get blasted and force them to work matches that make sense. It gets a guy like Galloway some fresh match ups where he will get time to work and could deliver some really awesome in ring action. I dont see the Hardy's doing much work with NOAH one for Jeff not being able to go to japan, 2 because no way they can keep up with the style in ring.

Can't be upset that 2 companies are trying to work together to deliver a better product between the 2 companies.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm

I'm very happy to have Bobby Lashley, Moose, the Wolves, Galloway, Everett and Lee possibly pop up in NOAH. Those seven guys would be great to see against NOAH competitors.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:58 pm

A guy from TNA that I feel could work well in NOAH is Eddie Kingston.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Kingston should have been in Japan a long time ago to be honest. His style is tailored after guys like Kawada and Kobashi and he talks a lot about his fandom for 90s Japanese wrestling in every interview I have heard with him