Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
rollup

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by rollup » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 pm

the global tag league teams :

- 50 funky powers
- Kenou & Takashi Sugiura
- Naomichi Marufuji & Atsushi Kotoge
- Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya
- Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya
- Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue
- Maybach Taniguchi & Mitsuya Nagai
- Cody Hall & KAZMA SAKAMOTO

this has the potential to have both classic matches and train wrecks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:16 pm

rollup wrote:the global tag league teams :

- 50 funky powers

this has the potential to have both classic matches and train wrecks :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those last three teams... That is the stuff of nightmares and legends. And legendary nightmares.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
rollup wrote:the global tag league teams :

- 50 funky powers

Those last three teams... That is the stuff of nightmares and legends. And legendary nightmares.
Could be worse...you could have had Jay Bradley stick around for this tour and teamed with Cody, which would have been an early contender for Worst Tag Team of the Year. Also, you could have had the logical pairing and had Koshinaka team with Saito, which would have been...something.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Kenoh lost the belt today to Sugiura in Yokohama. Word out of Japan is that he is refusing to sign a new contract and that played a factor in them taking the belt off of him. Atsushi Kotoge will be Sugiura's first challenger.

Minoru Tanaka and Ogawa also won the jr tag belts. All other champions retained.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Who or what is the source of that? I guess it time for Kotoge.

01.09.2018 Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan NAOMICHI MARUFUJI 20TH ANNIVERSARY ~ FLIGHT.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:07 pm

PKThree wrote:Kenoh lost the belt today to Sugiura in Yokohama. Word out of Japan is that he is refusing to sign a new contract and that played a factor in them taking the belt off of him. Atsushi Kotoge will be Sugiura's first challenger.

Minoru Tanaka and Ogawa also won the jr tag belts. All other champions retained.
I think you forgot to mention that The Aggression won the heavy tag belts.

Also of note, half of the Global Tag League field basically warmed up for the league via wrestling on today's show, on top of the heavy tag title match and those two teams (presumably) tearing into each other. As a tag team wrestling mark, I appreciate it when a promotion has an annual tag tourney of some kind and makes sure to push it heavily in the month or two leading up to it (as CHIKARA has historically done for King of Trios year after year).

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:01 am

Taiji Ishimori has left Pro Wrestling NOAH, apparently. Supposedly sticking around in Japan though, so nothing to do with IMPACT making an offer.

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:14 am

Pro-Wrestling NOAH held a press conference at the Tokyo office on Monday, and announced the resignation of the former GHC Junior Tag Champion, Taiji Ishimori (35).
Taiji Ishimori joined NOAH in January 2008 as a freelancer. He has been an active part of NOAH for twelve years.

Ishimori said today, "I have been doing this for ten years, and while I personally do like to fight on the front line of things, I have experienced overseas expedition and more interested in the outside world now. I have been at NOAH for twelve years, and been a wrestler for sixteen. If I do not make this decision, I will regret it unless I take the first step."

In NOAH he has been crowned GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion three times. He gained attention at home and abroad as being the leading wrestler in the NOAH Junior Division, including the GHC Junior Tag Championship and the Impact Wrestling X-Division championship on overseas expedition recently. In addition he says he was also inspired by Shinsuke Nakamura and KENTA el at who are in WWE. Ishimori said, "As a freelancer in the future as Japanese people are active all over the world, WWE is the goal and I want to keep trying to end up there."

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:39 pm

interesting days ahead of the ark with Ishimori leaving , Kenoh possibly leaving and the GHC jr tags being vacated

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:36 pm

rollup wrote:and the GHC jr tags being vacated
Wait wat

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:45 pm

BlizzardAcolyte wrote:
rollup wrote:and the GHC jr tags being vacated
Wait wat

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Ishimori leaving NOAH is obviously a sizeable blow for them. He was a focal point in their junior division for quite some time and argument could be made that he WAS the junior division after the Burning exodus. But the addition of the Ratels guys, Ohara and Kumano helps soften the blow. He's not as irreplaceable as he once was

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:13 pm

What's the deal with Kenoh?

rollup

Post by rollup » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:20 am

Lawsoncomedy wrote:What's the deal with Kenoh?
rumour is that he is stalling on commiting to the ark

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Fri May 11, 2018 3:14 am

Weekday events, starting with Tuesday's house show and the next Korakuen, are getting $10 discounts for each hour passed since the show started. So if you show up 3 hours late before the main event starts, you can get in for about $10. The next Korakuen looks fairly stacked but goddamn.....

Also interesting, they've got two Korakuens lined up on 7/28 and 8/05. Those are weekends but two weekends in a row is a bit of a bold strategy, Cotton. The NOAH online schedule usually at least has big shows and tours listed several months in advance but there's nothing after the Marufuji 20th Anniversary, and nothing between that and the 8/05 Korakuen. They'll likely fill the schedule with something but it's a curious change on the website I've noticed, not filling out the schedule as far in advance.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks