Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Lawsoncomedy

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 am

Loved Kenoh vs Kiyomiya, went ****1/2 on it. Very interested to see how all the factions shake out here.

SgtBilko84

Post by SgtBilko84 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Very good main event. Made an star of Kiyomiya. Not sure he was ment to break his nose but it made him look much stronger in defeat.

Really feels like NOAH is strong going into 2018. Lets hope the gates start to reflect that.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:53 pm

maybe an overaction but Noah has made some weird decisions recently , booking korakuen level main events for the the smaller house shows in Yokohama and Kenou losing twice so far ( countout to Miyamoto in a tag and pinfall to Kitamiya in a 4 way)

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:58 am

rollup wrote:maybe an overaction but Noah has made some weird decisions recently , booking korakuen level main events for the the smaller house shows in Yokohama and Kenou losing twice so far ( countout to Miyamoto in a tag and pinfall to Kitamiya in a 4 way)
Miyamoto's on a roll in other promotions and it makes sense to have the challenger look strong. Kitamiya's an old rival and won their feud early last year so them going back to it has me pretty excited.

NOAH's booking of singles matches is strange but they've been doing it since the REBORN rebranding and I can't say it's hurt. Can't say it's exactly helped either but they've done a great job booking these feuds to where a Kenoh/Masa or Kenoh/Nakajima match feels welcome even if we've seen them a lot. As small a roster as they have they have to make the most of it is the way I feel.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:47 pm

NOAH's next big show is starting to take shape after today's show, and I'm incredibly excited for the Jr. Tag title match. I haven't been high on, or attached to, the last couple of pairs of champions (even if one of them features a K-DOJO alumnus), but I PRAY to the imaginary gods above that Ogawa/Tanaka can pull off what I think would be an upset next month. It sounds like a wonderfully weird but logical pairing, and I would pop huge for these two vets to have a title run to call their own.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:17 pm

Hot young champion's first Great Voyage title defense against an old decorated vet. In that sense the dynamic between Kenoh and Sugiura is similar to Nakajima vs Shiozaki last year. Though, that's where the similarities end as Nakajima wasn't determined to break old men's backs to save the company. But, just as I was scared for a "safe" Shiozaki victory over Nakajima, I'm pretty worked up over the possibility of a Sugiura victory. NOAH's going to play me like a fiddle for the next month.

I was hoping for Masa Kitamiya to challenge but I'm fine with them holding off on that for a little bit. Maybach/Nagai sounded like the team of my (dark) nightmares so I'm glad Disco prevailed. There is another Korakuen on the 22nd so a lesser match like Harada/HAYATA might happen there, but if they push everything back to Great Voyage then it'll be a mostly one-match card unless they whip out something surprising in the undercard.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 pm

guy,s do you have a list with the best matches of noah in 2017?

thanks.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 pm

monster mafia wrote:guy,s do you have a list with the best matches of noah in 2017?

thanks.
Going off the top of my head:

Jan- Ohara/Ishimori, Nakajima/Sugiura, Nakajima/Kenoh, Kenoh & Masa vs Go & Maybach, Ohara/Harada
Feb- Shiozaki/Nakajima tags leading up to Great Voyage
Mar- Ohara/Kumano, Nakajima/Go, Edwards/Go
Apr- Pretty barren month
May- Global Tag League Final
Jun- Nakajima/Yone, Nakajima/Kotoge
Jul- Nakajima/Cage
Aug- Nakajima/Edwards
Sep- Eh
Oct- Ishimori/Harada, Marufuji/Edwards, Nakajima/Kenoh, I think Kotoge/Masato happened in Oct
Nov- Harada/Tadasuke, Go/Kenoh
Dec- Harada/Minoru, Kenoh/Edwards

VoiceofLegacy

Post by VoiceofLegacy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:52 pm

I just wish I knew how I could keep watching NOAH now..... :(
Hit me up on Facebook, all I discuss is wrestling- Adam Leavelle (Wrestling Done Right) and at www.wrestlingdoneright.com

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:05 pm

VoiceofLegacy wrote:I just wish I knew how I could keep watching NOAH now..... :(
Read Mort's Twitter. They're still recording and plan on releasing the shows, just looking for a place to upload. Mort's going to make an announcement sometime today actually.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm

VoiceofLegacy wrote:I just wish I knew how I could keep watching NOAH now..... :(
Rutube's still there.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 am

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
Read Mort's Twitter. They're still recording and plan on releasing the shows, just looking for a place to upload. Mort's going to make an announcement sometime today actually.
your saviour Brother mort has arrived

https://t.co/aBzyn0PzEI

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Hideki Suzuki has announced an invasion of NOAH, taking Cody Hall and Jay Bradley as his partners. First off, lolcodyhall. Second, it just seems like they're giving him partners for tag matches early and it's not going to be a real thing. Taking a big star like Hideki and throwing him with Cody fucking Hall and making it a real thing is a dumb, dumb thing to do.

No idea how long Hideki's run will last, but to dig up an old meme: Who will save NOAH from Suzukigun?

Now onto the 2/2 show, I thought it all was decent. The stuff I was expecting to be real bad was alright and the stuff I was expecting to be really good was... alright. Consistent but uninteresting up until the main, which was pretty good. NOAH's been shying away from the 30-minute epic main events for a year, but any semblance of that seems to have been killded as this was 16 minutes and based around table/count-out spots. I hope Miyamoto comes back but he doesn't seem to be on this current tour. I thought the match was a bit clunky with some really forced counter-exchanges and some finisher spam from Yuko but it was all good fun.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:56 am

Where are they going with Kiyomiya? He lost to Marufuji here. I didn't expect him to win but it's weird how he's come back and was kind of protected in losing to Kenoh but not much since then. He's beaten no one.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 am

As far as Marufuji goes, I think they are setting him up to be Kiyomia's white whale. When he finally beats him, it will be a big deal.