Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Danwaka

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by Danwaka » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Could have packed it in the Egg.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Quarter packed.

rollup

Post by rollup » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:41 pm

kaito kiyomiya has won the global league and will face sugiura for the GHC title at yokohama in DEc ... do they pull the trigger or ...

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 pm

I've been arms length with NOAH this year mostly because of time issues but is Kiyomiya at that level yet or would it be seen as a bit of a surprise and them taking a risk?

Always thought he had tremendous potential (once he cut that shitty hair) so I'd be for it but Sugiura is on such a run right now would it be stalling the momentum or the perfect torch passing moment?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Too soon to win the belt, and he shouldn't be beating Sugiura for it right now especially. But the Global League win is a nice step.

Have to wonder what the original booking was had Marufuji not gotten hurt. I don't THINK they would've done a second Maru defense, but it is possible, and when he went down maybe the thought process was, well, may as well give the kid the big win.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:41 pm

kaito kiyomiya did it , he is the youngest GHC champ ever

Bloodbuzz Bunk

Post by Bloodbuzz Bunk » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:12 am

I fell behind on NOAH back in February for a myriad of reasons. So I am just now getting back to it with all the buzz surrounding Kaito Kiyomiya's Global League win and subsequent GHC title win.

So I decided to jump in with the Global League Final and OMG how much 10 months does for two guys. Nakajima has always been a top notch worker but now that he has embraced this burnt out sneaky, bully side of himself he is SOOOOO much better suited as a main event player. Kiyomiya has found that babyface fire and great facial expressions when he sells. The match was 4.25 stars to me as it seems like the Kiyomiya comeback was extremely short but that was perfect for his first Global League win. Kiyomiya comes off strong but not overwhelmingly dominant at first, leaves him room to grow and gives Nakalima a little more juice to this heel character by giving him another close loss to an a more popularly embraced would be ace.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:10 am

eye opening as NOAH have announced that they will being using Edion Arena #1 (the big one new japan uses ) in Sep and Sumo hall in Nov

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Tweeted this, but someone inside the wrestling business who very likely attempted to book KENTA told us last week that NOAH had talks with KENTA a while back but money was an issue.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:00 pm
Tweeted this, but someone inside the wrestling business who very likely attempted to book KENTA told us last week that NOAH had talks with KENTA a while back but money was an issue.
Had also heard that KENTA to NJPW was basically all about money, they just offered him much more than any other opportunity.

Sort of sucks because I don't really see where he fits into NJPW right now but NOAH clearly is still far away from being able to carry multiple big contracts.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Watched a ton of NOAH the last 48 hours.

-There is better energy surrounding the shows than earlier in the year, and especially last year.

-Love seeing Ogawa & Suzuki win the junior league, amd really enjoyed the YO HEY & HAYATO double KO. Excited for the final to drop.

-Go/Maru was a major letdown and didnt feel like the big won it should have for Go.

-Kiyomiya continues to improve, it just frustrates me that he's forced to do so while already in the role. He doesnt come off like a champion. His style of match would be perfect for the climb, as it is, he feels like a weak champion. Sugi was a fucking beast in the 6/9 match.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:35 pm

We talked about it on the flagship this week but yeah, I'm with you. I don't want my champ to survive until the next day. I don't want my champ to never feel like he's in a position of power or control. He's the god damn champion and people are supposed to be coming for him with all they got.

I'm sure there are people that enjoy the underdog champ story but it's not for me, not once you've become the champ.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:59 pm

I suppose now is as good a time as any to ask "what the hell is an Alex Hammerstone?"...

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:03 pm

BlizzardAcolyte wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:59 pm
I suppose now is as good a time as any to ask "what the hell is an Alex Hammerstone?"...
He's on MLW. He's a cali guy. He's got a steroid physique and a good look. Does some cool big man stuff. Def feels like he's from the mid-2000s WWE but he actually kinda rules. Not super high end wrestler, but working Noah will be a good test to see if he's legit.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:39 am

Ferrante207 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:03 pm
BlizzardAcolyte wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:59 pm
He's on MLW. He's a cali guy. He's got a steroid physique and a good look. Does some cool big man stuff. Def feels like he's from the mid-2000s WWE but he actually kinda rules. Not super high end wrestler, but working Noah will be a good test to see if he's legit.
He's improved dramatically since his MLW debut and has a main event look.