Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
PKThree

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by PKThree » Fri May 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:Weekday events, starting with Tuesday's house show and the next Korakuen, are getting $10 discounts for each hour passed since the show started. So if you show up 3 hours late before the main event starts, you can get in for about $10. The next Korakuen looks fairly stacked but goddamn.....

Also interesting, they've got two Korakuens lined up on 7/28 and 8/05. Those are weekends but two weekends in a row is a bit of a bold strategy, Cotton. The NOAH online schedule usually at least has big shows and tours listed several months in advance but there's nothing after the Marufuji 20th Anniversary, and nothing between that and the 8/05 Korakuen. They'll likely fill the schedule with something but it's a curious change on the website I've noticed, not filling out the schedule as far in advance.
You'd figure it would be a bit of a reverse on the ticketing thing. The earlier you buy the cheaper you get a ticket

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sat May 12, 2018 9:45 pm

PKThree wrote:
Jacob's Bawks wrote:Weekday events, starting with Tuesday's house show and the next Korakuen, are getting $10 discounts for each hour passed since the show started. So if you show up 3 hours late before the main event starts, you can get in for about $10. The next Korakuen looks fairly stacked but goddamn.....

Also interesting, they've got two Korakuens lined up on 7/28 and 8/05. Those are weekends but two weekends in a row is a bit of a bold strategy, Cotton. The NOAH online schedule usually at least has big shows and tours listed several months in advance but there's nothing after the Marufuji 20th Anniversary, and nothing between that and the 8/05 Korakuen. They'll likely fill the schedule with something but it's a curious change on the website I've noticed, not filling out the schedule as far in advance.
You'd figure it would be a bit of a reverse on the ticketing thing. The earlier you buy the cheaper you get a ticket
Something else I didn't think about until after posting (and probably something NOAH didn't think about either...) is they're practically rewarding fans for skipping over undercarders. That's a pretty bad message to send to your boys that people who don't watch their matches will be rewarded.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:43 pm

well marufuji has confirmed at the Noah Korakuen today that the main event of his 20th anniversary show at sumo hall is :

Marufuji vs Kenta

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Nobody is Noah's savior. They always been unable to create new long term top stars.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:24 am

I'm not exactly sure what it is that binds Tanaka/Hi69/Ogawa/Morohashi together as this weird veteran squad of (mostly) freelancers together, (other than that Tanaka has won gold with two of them), but I like it and am growing to like it more.

This field for the junior tag league, as a whole, is looking much better than last year's, hope all of the league matches become available at some point.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:43 pm

the best faction race is over , Hooligans is here :| :|

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Glad Go lost. It's gonna be some while until Kaito is made as the true ace...

Unless they bomb that like every other failed ace since 2009.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:13 pm

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Well to be fair they had Kobashi and Misawa. But yeah every guy they pushed beyond them was a failure for many reasons.

Goat

Post by Goat » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:11 am

I really felt sad watching that mediocre KENTA vs Marufuji match

Gerard

Post by Gerard » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:34 am

Loved Marufuji vs. KENTA for the nostalgia. I think the emotion of it made up for anything that was lacking in the ring (though I'd still argue the match was very good). Seeing Kawada and Kobashi on commentary definitely gave me the feels.

Popol04

Post by Popol04 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:11 pm

cbacon87 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:09 am
See, I was going to say the same sort of thing.

I really wish sometimes that NOAH were a gutsy, risk taking promotion (who didn't have to keep NJPW happy), as opposed to... you know, NOAH. I'm pretty sure NOAH's the only major Japanese promotion who've never had a foreign World Champion. For 14 years.

Hero's good enough to fill the Morishima void of big guy and talented enough to be so much different than Morishima. He can have long matches. He'd basically have fresh matches with the entire obtenir prêt roster, because nobody really remembers any of his Global League matches vividly. And there might not be a match I'm more interested in than Hero/Suzuki at this point, presuming they're in the Global League.

But the chances of New Japan agreeing to Chris Hero being the guy who beats Suzuki for the title seem pretty slim and even if New Japan had no input, the chances of NOAH doing it are pretty slim too. They'll probably just go with the safest option, which'd probably be Sugiura, which'd probably be a really good match but wouldn't do a thing for anyone excitement wise after that.
Haha I agree with you

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Watched Kenta vs Marufujj...felt a bit WWE-ish, the double lariat, get back up for example.

Anyway Marufuji said one of his arms are numbish and hopes to retire early to become a painter.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:30 am

If he's looking to retire, that could have been the stip to his anniversary show.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Gotta save that for another sumo hall show.