Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
armsofsleep

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by armsofsleep » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Finally we have our answer to the question posed by the title of this thread. KENOH SEASON APPROACHING BAYBEEEEEEE

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm

if they put the Global Honored Crown on Kenoh , it will be intriguing if he can help increase the attendances.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:53 pm

The Great Kabuki announced his retirement, which will take place on the 12/22 NOAH Korakuen. No word on the match but it'll be interesting to see how it affects attendance and the crowd.

The cards for Winter Navigation, barring the first show, aren't out yet. That one show with the released card has Harada and Minoru Tanaka opposite each other in the main event which also has 50FP and Maketa. Dreams do come true lads.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

VoiceofLegacy

Post by VoiceofLegacy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:36 am

NOAH is still my favorite company by far. I hope things really pick up for them.
Hit me up on Facebook, all I discuss is wrestling- Adam Leavelle (Wrestling Done Right) and at www.wrestlingdoneright.com

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 pm

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm

So amped for DJ Z coming to NOAH. I need to watch more of his recent stuff since he seems to get alot of praise.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 pm

I dunno if anyone besides the most dedicated of AAA twitter (and Garrett) watched the Lucha World Cup from a couple months ago, but DJZ & Everett vs Ishimori & HI69 was the best match of that whole thing. Not a must see but fun for what it was. It would've been better if they hadn't shortened the matches to 10 minutes this year, but I assume they worked their way to getting the call back since they would not have beaten DJZ if they were already planning on him coming back as a title challenger.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:11 pm

VoiceofLegacy wrote:NOAH is still my favorite company by far. I hope things really pick up for them.
You might have to wait a long time for that. Even then, yesteryear success where they're drawing many sold out budokhans is most likely to never happen again.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Apparently Ratels is NOAH's biggest merchandise seller. With Kenoh being the best selling singles act but still behind the junior faction.

Weird but fun data according to a twitter account that documents the goings ons in NOAH

stienerontheforklift

Post by stienerontheforklift » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:29 pm

PKThree wrote:Apparently Ratels is NOAH's biggest merchandise seller. With Kenoh being the best selling singles act but still behind the junior faction.

Weird but fun data according to a twitter account that documents the goings ons in NOAH
Interesting. Is this data from before or after Kenoh's Global League win?

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:05 am

Whether or not it's the person PKThree is talking about, @Hi5ame on Twitter is well worth a follow. He lives in Japan and does translations for all-things NOAH, as well as historical posts.

Apparently Friday's Korakuen is near-sellout, with only standing-room balcony tickets remaining. Not sure how much of it is because of Kabuki's FINAL, with it being the opener we might get an idea based on crowd reactions as the show progresses, but right now it's a good look. Kenoh's hot right now, and off the top of my head the last non-tournament Korakuen to do somewhat well was Nakajima vs Sugiura at the beginning of the year.

Kenoh has been making some incredibly bold statements in the days leading up to the title fight. He claims that NOAH is stuck in the past with Misawa, and that he will bring about the end of Misawa's NOAH to bring the company back to the light under his [Kenoh's] guidance. As the white-meat pro-Misawa babyface, Edwards took offence.

Hajime Ohara has been pulled from a few shows on the tour citing kidney issues (bleeding, best I recall). NOAH hasn't pulled him from Friday's show as of today so he might be well enough to make an appearance.

Toshiaki Kawada will also be providing guest commentary. It's unsure if he'll be there for the whole show or simply the main event, but he's had a strong itch to become more involved in wrestling after his long hiatus so it's noteworthy if nothing else. He also was in AJPW to celebrate Akiyama and Omori's 25th Anniversary back in October.

The NOAH Christmas special (which I'm not sure is making tape) had its card released:

1. Junta Miyawaki vs. X
2. Kora Taro (Atsushi Kotoge) & X vs. Panda (?) & X
3. RATEL'S Fatal Four-Way: Daisuke Harada vs YO-HEY vs Tadasuke vs HAYATA
4. A Christmas-themed Royal Rumble, with the workers dressed up in costumes.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:Whether or not it's the person PKThree is talking about, @Hi5ame on Twitter is well worth a follow. He lives in Japan and does translations for all-things NOAH, as well as historical posts.

Apparently Friday's Korakuen is near-sellout, with only standing-room balcony tickets remaining. Not sure how much of it is because of Kabuki's FINAL, with it being the opener we might get an idea based on crowd reactions as the show progresses, but right now it's a good look. Kenoh's hot right now, and off the top of my head the last non-tournament Korakuen to do somewhat well was Nakajima vs Sugiura at the beginning of the year.

Kenoh has been making some incredibly bold statements in the days leading up to the title fight. He claims that NOAH is stuck in the past with Misawa, and that he will bring about the end of Misawa's NOAH to bring the company back to the light under his [Kenoh's] guidance. As the white-meat pro-Misawa babyface, Edwards took offence.

Hajime Ohara has been pulled from a few shows on the tour citing kidney issues (bleeding, best I recall). NOAH hasn't pulled him from Friday's show as of today so he might be well enough to make an appearance.

Toshiaki Kawada will also be providing guest commentary. It's unsure if he'll be there for the whole show or simply the main event, but he's had a strong itch to become more involved in wrestling after his long hiatus so it's noteworthy if nothing else. He also was in AJPW to celebrate Akiyama and Omori's 25th Anniversary back in October.

The NOAH Christmas special (which I'm not sure is making tape) had its card released:

1. Junta Miyawaki vs. X
2. Kora Taro (Atsushi Kotoge) & X vs. Panda (?) & X
3. RATEL'S Fatal Four-Way: Daisuke Harada vs YO-HEY vs Tadasuke vs HAYATA
4. A Christmas-themed Royal Rumble, with the workers dressed up in costumes.
She, Hi5ame is a she.

Well worth a follow

rollup

Post by rollup » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Spoiler Alert

Kenoh starts his journey to the Budokan by defeating Eddie edwards in a good match .

After that Kiyomiya made his return and challenged Kenoh. Interesting to see they are going for the rocket push for Kiyomiya

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Kenoh declared the " Misawa Noah" is no more. Maybach turned heel again and is allied with Mitsuya Nagai. The Great Kabuki retired.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Whoops, my bad on thinking Hi5ame was a he.

Anyways, the NOAH show is up on the Drive. Everyone reading this comment owes it to themselves to watch Harada vs Tanaka, and Kenoh vs Edwards. Two strong contenders for Top 10 NOAH Matches of 2017, and the latter a MOTYC if you ask me. NOAH absolutely made the right call with Kenoh, who has the tools Nakajima didn't. I don't feel him as tippy-top guy, but I'm intrigued in where we go from here. Kaito has the look and build of a star so right now we just wait-and-see if he works like one too. Some people in the crowd thought it was Kota Ibushi on first sight, I'm still surprised at how much he's changed his look, but he looks great.

The whole show was pretty good. I was let down by the Heavyweight Tag Title match but overall it was a good ride top-to-bottom. The Jr Tag Title match in particular really stood out as my favorite match between the DOVE PRO boys to-date. I had a friend who was there live and he called it "fucking incredible."

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE-POST:

The card for 1/6 Korakuen is out:

1. Yoshinari Ogawa vs Junta Miyawaki
2. Mohammad Yone, Quiet Storm, & Akitoshi Saito vs. Mitsuya Nagai, Yuko Miyamoto, & Cody Hall
3. Daisuke Harada, HAYATA, YO-HEY, Tadasuke, & LEONA vs. Hajime Ohara, Hitoshi Kumano, Minoru Tanaka, Hi69, & Seiya Morohashi.
4. Takashi Sugiura vs. Jay Bradley
5. Go Shiozaki & Atsushi Kotoge vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya
6. Naomichi Marufuji vs. Maybach Taniguchi
7. Impact X-Division Championship: Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Andrew Everett
8. GHC Heavywight Championship: Kenoh (c) vs. Kaito Kiyomiya

I don't even remember the last time NOAH had a ten-man match. LEONA is the weak link but he should be toned down a bit with all his teammates and we'll get a low-key hoot. Minoru Tanaka staying makes me happy. Not sure if the tag titles are in his future or he gets another shot at the singles title, but as long as he's on my screen I'm a happy man. I hope his run is at least longer than his nine-month AJPW run earlier this year. In an interview, Nagai mentioned him and Miyamoto forming an outside enemy faction, which we have to assume Maybach will be apart of in light of recent events. Jay Bradley is Aiden O'Shea, the sterotypical Irishman from TNA a little while back. Can't tell you a thing about him but he's bigger and worked a little bit of everywhere in the States so I hope he fits.

GoToge vs The Aggression will be great. Maybach/Marufuji had a decent match way early in the year but with Maybach's gimmick change and lack of heat I dunno how I should expect this to be. Everett's a great wrestler, him and Ishimori I don't worry about. Kiyomiya's damn good, and now he has the look and push to match. This is his first match back though, so I hope he doesn't cave under the pressure.