Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
rollup

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by rollup » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:37 am

looks like this is your Global League Participants

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Assuming each row is a block, that bottom row looks so goddamn painful. Please just get rid of Cody Hall.

Takashi Sugiura is a big omission. Last I thought, they were hoping he'd be back early October. Maybe he'll still be back and in undercard matches.

Minoru Tanaka also showed up to demand a match for the GHC Jr Title; Kumano appointed himself NOAH gatekeeper (lol) and said Minoru would have to go through him first. Love Tanaka being thrown into the mix, and him taking on Ishimori or Ohara has me salivating.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:Assuming each row is a block, that bottom row looks so goddamn painful. Please just get rid of Cody Hall.

Takashi Sugiura is a big omission. Last I thought, they were hoping he'd be back early October. Maybe he'll still be back and in undercard matches.

Minoru Tanaka also showed up to demand a match for the GHC Jr Title; Kumano appointed himself NOAH gatekeeper (lol) and said Minoru would have to go through him first. Love Tanaka being thrown into the mix, and him taking on Ishimori or Ohara has me salivating.
Great to see more of Minoru Tanaka!

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 pm

I strongly suspect that NOAH are trying very hard to make Hall a full-timer with them, or at least cultivate him enough that he'll be ready for TNA by the end of next year or somewhere that time. I love non-WWE promotions trying to brand the dude as theirs when we all know the PC's where he's eventually headed (and much sooner than most of them are anticipating).

So hyped to see how tonight's show shapes up. Stay safe Jojo!

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:37 am

Nakajima and Kenoh kicked the shit out of each other for ten minutes on the 9.23 show, It probably wasn't as good as their match earlier in the year but is still worth a watch if you like watching lots of killer head kicks!

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:37 pm

I'm shocked I did not think Eddie was going to successfully defend the title. It will be interesting to see where this goes
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:28 pm

I was surprised with quite a few of today's results. Eddie retaining was a small surprise, but I didn't think Storm/Yone and Harada were going to win their matches at all. Apparently Okabayashi and Nagai announced their intentions to join the Global League on this show as well, so... good news, all in all.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:39 pm

FilipPejic wrote:I'm shocked I did not think Eddie was going to successfully defend the title. It will be interesting to see where this goes
Maru doesn't want to be a singles champion so it isn't that shocking. How much longer Eddie holds the belt will be interesting. But he has a lot of good will with the NOAH fans so he's fairly well received as champion.

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Holy hell Marufuji and Edwards had an absolutely great match, just beat the crap out of each other. It's a shame this crowd didn't wake up until the very end because it was ridiculous. I have no idea who decided to do that Tope spot but I jumped out my seat. Looking back on this year's NOAH title matches I have five of them at ****1/2 (Nakajima with Go, Yone, Cage and Edwards, Edwards and Marufuji) and with the exception of the Yone match which was elevated by a hot crowd they were all every bit on the level of some New Japan main events this year just without the raucous crowds, a shame because everyone I've named above absolutely gave 100% for the match and I've no doubt with hotter crowds I'd be going ****3/4+ on some of these.

I also really enjoyed the Ishimori and Harada Jr title match (***3/4), although it wasn't quite on the level of at least one previous bout between the two as far as my memory serves, again this was probably in part due to the lack of crowd reaction. Harada is a criminally under rated wrestler in my book, doesn't work the typical Junior style but works around it excellently, I'd love to see Ohara get another shot some time soon because their match earlier this year was great.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:46 am

Finally got around to watching the big show:
- Inoue being in the opener for all of what, twenty or thirty seconds? Smart man, even if Junta kept the shittiness quotient up by being a greenhorn and all. Hope this is the start of Istria getting a small push and improving his overall standing in the global wrestling scene
- First time I've seen the Von Erich Brothers in a long time, seems like they've actually regressed (and aged quite a bit) since then; it was really sad to see Kenoh/Ikeda have to sell for these softies. Huge disappointment of a match
- Initially was going to skip the GFW title match, but I gave it a shot after a)the vid package for this made me laugh, b) Hall coming out to what is essentially a videogame soundtrack piece automatically made me give him a chance, and c) I was curious to see if Drake is as boring a fucker as I remember. Seeing JB just blending in with all of the regular photographers and cameramen made the watch worth it--it's so odd to see him outside of the general TNA environment, almost like he's a paper cutout who's been glued into another book
- Ultimo Ninja almost certainly earned himself more tours with this performance, good stuff. Getting to watch K-Dojo alumni shine in bigger ponds is always great to see, congrats to HIROKI for getting to this point, although he and Ohara did shockingly little for the time given to the match. Guess they wanted to give the luchadors as much shine as possible
- 'WOW' on two counts: Kumano is actually interesting now, and Tanaka can still fucking go. It's a shame he has managed to maintain his junior-ness while Kanemoto has broken down noticeably, Jr. All-Stars in NOAH isn't too appealing as an idea (and if Tanaka hangs around for long enough, that WILL become an idea)
- Fujinami doing his trademark stuff, then LEONA jumping in and not even tagging back in, and everyone just rolling with it, made me laugh. God, that pipsqueak sucks
- While I know our insect overlords (Joe and Rich) were all hyped up to see MoOskabayashi do their thing, it was The Aggression who ended up impressing me more in that tag. They actually are coming across as a regular team now, so at least both of those guys have something stable to fall back on if the company gives up on Nakajima or if they never pull the trigger on Kitamiya. Still liked both teams a lot though, Moose to needs to make every trip with Edwards from now on, and we have to get Strong BJ (well, half of them) in NOAH at some point
- Jr. tag title match was slightly disappointing, NWA were about as DDT-riffic as I expected and not having Oishi in the match made the team seem like they were wrestling without a gameplan. While I love the Ratel's team, it sucks that HAYATA is seemingly keeping himself in the background (as the stoic half of the team) when he's far more polished than YO-HEY, more from the former in this match would have helped
- Skipped the jr. title match, will probably give it a shot at some point though
- Heavy tag title match was the match of the show for me, this felt very much like 50 Funky Powers wrestling like this was gonna be their last real shot, and Yone can still go, so props to him. The champs taking some of the shots and bumps they took was very much appreciated. And again, seeing a K-Dojo alumnus like Storm succeed at this level was heartwarming
- Main event was a spotfest, but exactly the kind I would want from these two, and I love that Edwards is managing to go balls-to-the-wall WITHOUT pulling out the half-crab w/ kicks to the head OR the regular Die Hard. It gives you an idea (not that I didn't know this already) of what he can pull off with anyone in the Global League field, he could pull off a three-star match at minimum with just about all of them

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:27 am

50 Funky Powers winning the belts was my favorite match of the show. What a story they told! Kotoge as the perpetual underdog masochist, with Go seemingly clearing the way for him to win by taking out Yone with the Go Flasher, but 50FP making the comeback and scoring the big win. Good for them, I love that team.

Thought the main event was a good movez match, also loved the junior title bout. All of the undercard stuff was fun at minimum, and I DIED A DEATH watching LEONA geek it up and lose on a BOTCH while his dad didn't even bother breaking up the pin. LEONA is such shit.

Only match that didnt land for me was the junior tag titles. The DDT team are absolute geeks, and I like the RATEL boys but this was just a spot for the sake of spots, no story, sloppy finish mess. I have zero interest in that soft DDT team coming back to NOAH ever again.

rollup

Post by rollup » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 am

Yuji Okabayashi dislocated his right shoulder and will prob miss the global league :cry: :cry:

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:28 am

rollup wrote:Yuji Okabayashi dislocated his right shoulder and will prob miss the global league :cry: :cry:
PLEASE throw Kazuki Hashimoto, Takuya Nomura, or Kawakami in there. Masashi Takeda would be great here, but he's the Death Match champ right now, I think? Can't be taking too many falls.

With all that said, I'm guessing this will be Kamitani's spot.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm

BlizzardAcolyte wrote: PLEASE throw Kazuki Hashimoto, Takuya Nomura, or Kawakami in there. Masashi Takeda would be great here, but he's the Death Match champ right now, I think? Can't be taking too many falls.

BJW sent a whopping no one.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:26 pm

PKThree wrote:
BlizzardAcolyte wrote: PLEASE throw Kazuki Hashimoto, Takuya Nomura, or Kawakami in there. Masashi Takeda would be great here, but he's the Death Match champ right now, I think? Can't be taking too many falls.

BJW sent a whopping no one.
How the times have changed.