Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Ferrante207

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by Ferrante207 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi69 v Saez was dope AF! That whole show was great. Noah back?

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:37 am

I watched the last three matches of 1/7 after I saw the review on VOW, and then I saw the rest of the show after Joe went off on the flagship. My interest has defiantly peaked for NOAH since those matches were totally my cup of tea. I have only watched spot matches here or there is there any story lines or angles I should be aware of going forward?

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:20 am

dancecab wrote:I watched the last three matches of 1/7 after I saw the review on VOW, and then I saw the rest of the show after Joe went off on the flagship. My interest has defiantly peaked for NOAH since those matches were totally my cup of tea. I have only watched spot matches here or there is there any story lines or angles I should be aware of going forward?
Ever since turning on Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Sugiura's been in a grey area. Not a Team NOAH guy, not a hardline heel, but he's got a "plan". Whatever it is, Kiyomiya is involved, with Kenoh and Kitamiya speculated to be apart of it too. It'll probably develop into a big thing later down the line.

Atsushi Kotoge's been booked as the top Junior for the past year, and he vacated both belts when he moved up to the heavyweight division. He was the weaker of his team with Harada, but he's a really good underdog so it seems they're playing on that and slow-burning his push. His "feud" with Shiozaki was a great introduction into the heavyweight division and I think they'll come back to that at some point when he starts winning.

The GHC Jr. tag straps are still vacant. Two teams, Taiji Ishimori & Hi69 and HAYATA & YO-HEY (of Dove Pro) have made their intentions clear and are going after the titles, probably on Tuesday's Korakuen show.

Nakajima's taking on all-comers but there's no clear direction or feud for him going forward other than to keep kicking ass.

There's not a lot happening. NOAH has pretty much hit the reset button and they're in the process of establishing new angles. They may try to salvage the Marufuji/Shiozaki thing they gutted last year (think of Tana/Shibata if they made up after two months and fought 0 times) but right now that angle is dead in the water.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:10 pm

I'd say that Sugiura's gimmick/angle right now is basically generation warfare. They are hyping up there being a new era of NOAH big time and Sugi has said that he refuses to accept this new era since he still considers himself the biggest dog in the yard. Which puts into question Kenoh and Kitamiya being involved since they are presented as key players in the new era. Granted there could be a swerve down the road.

It is definitely the most excited I have been for NOAH in a while

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
dancecab wrote:I watched the last three matches of 1/7 after I saw the review on VOW, and then I saw the rest of the show after Joe went off on the flagship. My interest has defiantly peaked for NOAH since those matches were totally my cup of tea. I have only watched spot matches here or there is there any story lines or angles I should be aware of going forward?
Ever since turning on Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Sugiura's been in a grey area. Not a Team NOAH guy, not a hardline heel, but he's got a "plan". Whatever it is, Kiyomiya is involved, with Kenoh and Kitamiya speculated to be apart of it too. It'll probably develop into a big thing later down the line.

Atsushi Kotoge's been booked as the top Junior for the past year, and he vacated both belts when he moved up to the heavyweight division. He was the weaker of his team with Harada, but he's a really good underdog so it seems they're playing on that and slow-burning his push. His "feud" with Shiozaki was a great introduction into the heavyweight division and I think they'll come back to that at some point when he starts winning.

The GHC Jr. tag straps are still vacant. Two teams, Taiji Ishimori & Hi69 and HAYATA & YO-HEY (of Dove Pro) have made their intentions clear and are going after the titles, probably on Tuesday's Korakuen show.

Nakajima's taking on all-comers but there's no clear direction or feud for him going forward other than to keep kicking ass.

There's not a lot happening. NOAH has pretty much hit the reset button and they're in the process of establishing new angles. They may try to salvage the Marufuji/Shiozaki thing they gutted last year (think of Tana/Shibata if they made up after two months and fought 0 times) but right now that angle is dead in the water.
awesome. Thanks for this. Look forward to the next Korakuen.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:30 pm

613 for today's Korakuen. To be fair, this wasn't even a normal show and was based around some celebrity guest and a roster gimmick thing. Why they felt the need to choose Korakuen for this, I don't know. No matches announced beforehand so they pretty much relied on the brand itself to draw and it flopped. It's the fourth Korakuen since 12/24. They're toning down by only doing three for the next two months, but goddamn they need to stop.

Harada pinned Ohara in a tag match, so he might get another title shot once Ohara defeats Kumano. Speaking of Kumano, he got what I believe is his first win of the tour by winning a 19-man battle royal.

Irving

Post by Irving » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Well, it looked like a joint production you only need to draw 400 to break even and I'm sure they didn't actually rent the venue for this show. The reason they run it so much is because they can turn a quick profit and pay their guys. Well, before Uchida bought it that is.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Irving wrote:Well, it looked like a joint production you only need to draw 400 to break even and I'm sure they didn't actually rent the venue for this show. The reason they run it so much is because they can turn a quick profit and pay their guys. Well, before Uchida bought it that is.
You need to draw 700 to break even I believe. That's the number I have always been given at least (ticket prices pending obviously)

Lonelyluchadore

Post by Lonelyluchadore » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:38 am

Making a concerted effort to watch more wrestling this year. So far I've watched some BJW, All Japan, Zero1 and DDT and the 7/1 show was by far the most entertaining from top to bottom.

Really impressed with Kaito, even though he tried to kill himself on that suplex. I quite enjoyed the tag title match, possibly because I knew the headbutt spot was in it. I thought Go choking Kotoge while his legs were dangling off the top rope was pretty grim.

I really, really liked how Nakajima sold the closed first punch by Sugiura. The way he just crumpled to the floor was brilliant.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:26 pm

WATCH GO/MAYBACH VS KENOH/MASA!!!!! FIVE STARS! FIVE STARS! FIVE STARS! MATCH OF THE YEAR!

The rest of the show was awesome too! Ohara/Harada and Kaito/Marufuji were both four star, the two openers were fun and the other two matches were good enough. BEST NOAH SHOW IN YEARS!
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Statoke wrote:WATCH GO/MAYBACH VS KENOH/MASA!!!!! FIVE STARS! FIVE STARS! FIVE STARS! MATCH OF THE YEAR!

The rest of the show was awesome too! Ohara/Harada and Kaito/Marufuji were both four star, the two openers were fun and the other two matches were good enough. BEST NOAH SHOW IN YEARS!

TYB. I'll check this out. My first two weeks in med college so I've been very busy. Really appreciate this.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Statoke wrote:WATCH GO/MAYBACH VS KENOH/MASA!!!!! FIVE STARS! FIVE STARS! FIVE STARS! MATCH OF THE YEAR!

I watched the first three matches yesterday. Kaito/Maru was so goddamn good and the openers were fun.

Now I'm like super hyped for that main event but I'm afraid I'll be let down D:

Lonelyluchadore

Post by Lonelyluchadore » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:21 pm

What is the normal schedule for NOAH? Been using the RH archives for keeping up. Are the 1/7, 1/9 and 1/21 the only shows for TV?

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Lonelyluchadore wrote:What is the normal schedule for NOAH? Been using the RH archives for keeping up. Are the 1/7, 1/9 and 1/21 the only shows for TV?
That weird Korakuen they did on the 24th aired today. RH should upload it soon but I doubt it'd be worth watching.

They're running Korakuen on 2/14, 2/28, and 3/25. Hakata Star Lanes is being run 2/18, and Great Voyage in Yokohama on 3/12. The website doesn't tell me anything about airing dates like it did for this tour, but expect those five shows minimum to pop up on the Archive eventually.

Roi

Post by Roi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:32 pm

The First Navigation Day 1

Daisuke Harada vs. Kaito Kiyomiya *** 1/2
Hajime Ohara vs. Taiji Ishimori *** 3/4
Go Shiozaki and Maybach Taniguchi vs. Naomichi Marufuji and Atsushi Kotoge The First Navigation Day 1 ****
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Takashi Suigura ****

The First Navigation Day 3

Daisuke Harada vs. Masa Kitamiya *** 1/4
Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Takashi Sugiura *** 1/4
Atsushi Kotoge vs. Go Shiozaki *** 1/4
Maybach Taniguchi vs. Naomichi Marufuji ** 1/2
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Kenou *** 3/4

The First Navigation Day 9

Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Naomichi Marufuji *** 1/2
Mohammed Yone vs. Takashi Sugiura ** 3/4
Atsushi Kotoge vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima *** 1/2
Hajime Ohara vs. Daisuke Harada *** 3/4