Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Chismo

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by Chismo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:16 am

Man, I'm so sick of this "sold out" PR stunts Japanese feds are pulling off when they only open up like 50-60% of an arena.

pol

Post by pol » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:16 pm

The cards for the next tour are out. Reading the tea leaves, looks like the direction is Shiozaki/Taniguchi vs. KES and Nakajima beating Suzuki on 2/24 to set him up to challenge Sugiura.

From a 'do I want to see these matches' perspective I don't have a problem with any of that, but it kinda makes Shiozaki look like a geek to be more concerned with getting the tag belts than exacting revenge on Kanemaru & Suzuki. They're in danger of ruining whatever shine he had upon returning and making him just another guy on the roster.

GOTNW

Post by GOTNW » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Big fan of the current GHC Heavyweight Champion being Minoru Suzuki's bitch and eating his falls in tag matches before the turn.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:11 am

GOTNW wrote:Big fan of the current GHC Heavyweight Champion being Minoru Suzuki's bitch and eating his falls in tag matches before the turn.
What?

They faced each other three times on the Winter Navigation tour. Sugiura's side won two of the three (a tag and a six man tag), losing the elimination match at Korakuen.

Suzuki did pin Sugiura in a tag match at the Global League finals.

Prior to that, Sugiura's side, whether with BRAVE or NO MERCY usually beat Suzuki led SZG sides, going all the way back to January. When SZG did win, I Sugiura was almost never pinned.

Maybe i'm forgetting or missing one, but Suzuki scored falls over Sugiura twice all year to my knowledge. The title challenge, and the Global League finals tag match.

losingobernablesdejp

Re: RE: Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by losingobernablesdejp » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:30 pm

pol wrote:The cards for the next tour are out. Reading the tea leaves, looks like the direction is Shiozaki/Taniguchi vs. KES and Nakajima beating Suzuki on 2/24 to set him up to challenge Sugiura.

From a 'do I want to see these matches' perspective I don't have a problem with any of that, but it kinda makes Shiozaki look like a geek to be more concerned with getting the tag belts than exacting revenge on Kanemaru & Suzuki. They're in danger of ruining whatever shine he had upon returning and making him just another guy on the roster.
That's worrisome....Go needs pushed immediately. He could be big in NJPW, but seems like he's stuck in a tag till the summer...But on the other hand Nakajima needs the rocket and needs to face and beat Minoru. I sucks for Go that he was signed, but that's just the breaks. I personally hope one of them end up in NJPW next year.

whoknew

Post by whoknew » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:34 am

Was kinda hoping Nakajima would be the one to unseat Sugiura's current reign down the line but apparently them rushing him to be the next challenger seems all but confirmed SHiozaki would finally be the one to reclaim the gold back. Maybe next time Nakajima....

jesse

Post by jesse » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:47 pm

whoknew wrote:Was kinda hoping Nakajima would be the one to unseat Sugiura's current reign down the line but apparently them rushing him to be the next challenger seems all but confirmed SHiozaki would finally be the one to reclaim the gold back. Maybe next time Nakajima....
That's been the plan since Shiozaki came back. What other reason would you bring Go back for? It's the reason why they put the belt on Suguira. They're saving a Marufuji vs Shiozaki match for later on. I think most of us would much rather Nakajima get it but that just isn't going to happen. It's also why the whole "time bomb" angle was pretty easy to call. The person some of us thought they'd do it with (I'd called Kotaru Suzuki) just wasn't the one that it ended up being. Suzuki's next target being Shiozaki was incredibly easy to see.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:06 pm

LMAO at the crowd at this show being worse than the crowd on the 5th day of an Impact taping block. This is really dragging the show down. Like really really effecting this show. I feel like some of these matches were really good, but they might as well have wrestled an empty arena match.

The only chant of the entire show has been a Taniguchi chant when he removed his mask. That's the only thing this crowd has reacted to. Not even the Kanemaru turn got any reaction.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:00 pm

This show was a disaster, and the run of great NOAH shows seem to have come to an end.

losingobernablesdejp

Post by losingobernablesdejp » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:03 pm

Well I've been up almost 24 hours, but it was worth it, I think it was a good show, especially if you weren't spoiled coming into it, the last two matches were great in my opinion & Ishimori and Kenoh.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Yeah Ishimori/Kenou was MOTN, and it was a great match. Somewhere in the ***½-***3/4.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:29 am

Is Kotaro Suzuki still coming back to NOAH? Haven't heard anything about him in like a month.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:27 am

Watched the top four matches so far. Good show, not even close to as good as September or December, but nothing has been bad aside from the crowd.

Ishimori/Kehoh ***1/4
KES/NakajimaYone ***
Suzuki/Go ***1/2 (that arm work!)
Maru/Sugiura ****

They worked too hard in the main event to go any lower than ***3/4 or ****. Lots of cool spots down the stretch. It went about five minutes too long. This company could use a few GHC title matches with no bullshit or thwarted bullshit or they will be in danger of making a joke of the title.

Taniguchi unmasking got over. Kanemaru's turn did not.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:35 am

True, nothing was bad in the ring. I always felt if the crowd had been alive, this would've been a good show. I went ***½ on both Ishimori/Kenou & the KES match, and i agree on the two others.

The crowd killed everything here. If someone ever says a crowd can't ruin the in-ring product, i'll show them this show. They literally couldn't care less about anything on this show.

Oh and i'll have to say while Suzuki/Go was good at ***½, that really disappointed me, considering my expectations were much higher for it.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:11 am

DETROIT_KEJB wrote:Is Kotaro Suzuki still coming back to NOAH? Haven't heard anything about him in like a month.
He's working Zero1 and Wrestle1