Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Rottenrocker

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by Rottenrocker » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:31 am

I wouldn't be surprised if ZSJ did show up in ROH at some point. His style and work ethic is perfect for the company.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:21 am

These matches has been announced:

Destiny 12/23:

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:54 am

Five stars all of them

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:03 am

Whats the possibility of Zach to NJPW?

sternness

Post by sternness » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:54 am

dancecab wrote:Whats the possibility of Zach to NJPW?
Why would they need ZSJ when they can book super talented guys like Kenny Omega and Chase Owens?!

Ozzi MichiFan

Post by Ozzi MichiFan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:21 am

Just a few little thoughts from last night's NOAH show:

Sabre/Ogawa was pretty fucking awesome as both men put on a clinic with a bunch of cool submission moments, knowing Zack is on the way out and how much respect these two have for each other, it's boarderline sweet and heart warming to see these two go at it. Really cool stuff.

The Ohara/Kenoh interactions in their tag match were AMAZING, two incredible talents beating the holy shit out of each other, there's the heart and fire missing from NOAH most of the year, after seeing this preview, I am pretty confident their 12.23 bout will be a must-see. Kenoh/Ohara & Harada/Kotoge is like having two KENTA/Marufujis in the one generation. 4 top-teir junior heavyweights. (Kenohpleasecomebackmichipro)

Go Shiozaki was pretty over, with a few boos at times but they didn't last long. I mean, I couldn't sit there booing him ALL match! The match was good, Kitamiya looked like gold and did an incredible deeeeep dead-lift recovery on a unbalanced suplex. I started going to Japan just after Shiozaki left NOAH, so it was very weird seeing him at a NOAH show, let-alone live. I love Shiozaki as a wrestler, but he broke my heart all those years ago and now that he has come crawling back, devoid of any loyalty, it's a tough pill to swallow. Especially as NOAH gave him the absolute world when he was their Ace, hell, he beat Tanahashi & Nakamura in singles matches within six weeks of each other. Now THAT'S getting given the world on a plate and he left! Now I hate him again!

The two Suzukigun tag matches were the same thing you've seen on every single show, all year and literally served as a piss/merch/talk to Haruka Eigen break.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:34 pm

What's our opinion on eyebrows? Future superstar or future legend? (Not like Melissa)
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:37 am

So, Destiny, tomorrow morning.

1. Yoshinari Ogawa & Hitoshi Kumano vs. Yoshihiro Takayama & Kaito Kiyomiya

2. Muhammed Yone, Mitsuhiro Kitamiya & Akitoshi Saito vs. Quiet Storm, Genba Hirayanagi & Captain NOAH

3. Kenoh vs. Hajime Ohara

4. Maybach Taniguchi vs. Go Shiozaki

5. Takashi Iizuka vs. Takashi Sugiura

6. Shelton Benjamin vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima

7. GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Daisuke Harada & Atsushi Kotoge (c) vs. El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku

8. GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship: Taichi (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori

9. GHC Tag Team Championship: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) vs. Chris Hero & Colt Cabana

10. GHC Heavyweight Championship: Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji

Overall thoughts?

whoknew

Post by whoknew » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:26 am

Very mixed opinion of Destiny, borderline meh for me. For one alot of it are rematches. If you look at all the 4 title matches, the challengers have all at one point or another challenged and fail this year. Of course the NOAH roster is paper thin and half of it are aging stars so it's not like they have credible possibilities but still..... Second, the absolute emasculation of the NOAH roster throughout this entire feud. Getting troll by Taichi, TAKA and Despy once, shame on you. Trolled the 2nd time, shame on me, trolled 54353789 times..... just urghh. You'd think they smarten up.

The only thing I could wish for are the matches that should deliver would deliver to curb my malaise of this feud. Shelton vs Nakajima should be good (another rematch) and irrationally looking forward to MAYBACH vs Shiozaki. I think they could mesh well unless MAYBACH starts going into his shtick.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:02 am

I for one am really excited for this show! I'm wondering if it's possible to avoid spoilers, until it airs on the 28th. Btw. It's strange that this is supposedly their big show of the year, and it's not airing live.

STAP.

Post by STAP. » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:14 am

SUGIURA SOLD OUT

sternness

Post by sternness » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:51 am

STAP. wrote:Image

SUGIURA SOLD OUT
On one hand, holy shit that's pretty cool.
On the other, Suzukigun isn't gonna save us from the Bullshit Club any time soon.

rollup

Post by rollup » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:55 am

Marufuji also looked wary of GO despite the save

GOTNW

Post by GOTNW » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Can't wait for Suzuki-gun to win all their titles back at the next big show in true Jado fashion.

ceftaxias

Post by ceftaxias » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Wonder how this will effect his team with Masato Tanaka.