CMLL, the home of Cavernario

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

CMLL, the home of Cavernario

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Also the home of Volador Jr, Maximo, and Negro Casas, who is old as fuck and can still kick your ass.

This is the CMLL thread. Go.

DylanZero

Re: CMLL, the home of Cavernario

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:20 am

I've been watching/reviewing every show of En Busca and it's been very up and down to say the least, but last week's Boby Zavala vs. Flyer was a really fun match, along with Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Disturbio the day before that. Those were the matches that did impress me most I have to say.

Ultimo Guerrero has his first hair vs. hair Apuestas match in 2 weeks vs. Rey Escorpion. It should be pretty cool.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Hopefully cubsfan puts together a playlist with the entire En Busca like he did last year.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:58 pm

I think CMLL themselves putting up the matches themselves this year may have thrown a wrench into that. (as well as the tournament itself not being as good as last year's) I hope he does too though, man.

Oh, one thing I wanted to mention last night since Cavernario is in the title. If you haven't seen it yet, Cavernario vs. Titán from May is one of Cavernario's best matches and one of the best Lucha matches of the year. Titán's one of my favorite wrestlers in the world and this match here will knock your socks off, while also having booking signifigance.

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:00 pm

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't really high on Cavenario

SammyJ_D

Post by SammyJ_D » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Quentin Moody wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who isn't really high on Cavenario
Sounding like a bit of a satanist

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Quentin Moody wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who isn't really high on Cavenario
Possibly, was in my top 5 last year, may be again this year.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:33 pm

Except for me. But admittedly that's only because I watch Lucha with my girlfriend and she HATES Cavernario and his Caveman ways and all his matches she spends complaining about him, which makes him much less impressive.

Surely you like Titán though, right?

CheezeWhiz

Post by CheezeWhiz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Don't waste your time with En Busca this year. Mostly garbage and terrible judging.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:59 am

There are a few matches that are actually good, and even the bad outside of Canelo is more average and boring than terrible wrestling. Besides La Sombra that week the judges are absolutely horrible and by far the worst part of everything, the scores and comments almost never match up and half this tournament has seemingly been dedicated to burying Delta for some reason. It's crazy.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:06 am

I do have a playlist of En Busca de un Idolo 2015, but you should not watch it. Even the guys in the tournament think the tournament has not been any good. It's not in the same league as last year's - if that was MLB, this is single A caliber.

There's been a couple recent matches that have been better, but wouldn't crack top 10 from last year. It may get better when they get to the second round and they cut out the really useless people (don't watch anything with Panther Jr. or Canelo Casas), but really the only thing I care about now is getting Guerrero Maya Jr. to FantasticaMania 2016.

If you're looking to watch something from Mexico to get a feel of what's good this year, don't watch this tournament. Go watch the Alas de Oro, for one.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:56 am

I catch mostly Zavala's matches and they're all solid/good. He's the money here, not Maya and certainly not Delta, who got exposed silly. Flyer's been improving, but he still botches at least two times per match.

TLDR, Zavala should win.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 am

Boby's got the most upside as a character, but Maya's the better wrestler and does deserve to go to Japan. Delta hasn't been great by any means but keep in mind the judges are by far the hardest on him and he's been hurt. It has to all take it's toll on him. I look forward when he's back to normal with Maya as I do like their team a good deal even though Maya is better. Plus I said this on Twitter but as a person I root for him as even the lowest person ever on him wouldn't say he should be behind the bottom half of these guys in a million years without sounding ridiculous. Especially Casas & Panther. I mean how in the world is Casas so close to advancing? Horrible.

Flyer & Esfinge have potential to me in different ways but aren't very good yet imo, Esfinge is basically average and unspectacular all around and needs to step up all around. Flyer has his moments where he looks like one of the best guys, but then he'll have two where he's a trainwreck (like we saw last night in fact). He needs more seasoning and he could be something.

TLDR: I think Zavala will win in the end but I'm rooting for Maya

soup23

Post by soup23 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Been really disappointed in the 2015 Busca since the 2014 version was my favorite in wrestling.

Overall this year has felt like more of a down year for CMLL than it has recently where it has been a top contender for my promotion of the year. Even highly hyped matches for some like Casas vs. Maximo have landed pretty flat for me overall.

Joe Gagne
VOW Staff Member

Post by Joe Gagne » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:41 pm

CMLL is going to start streaming the Arena Puebla shows via YouTube starting Monday. It'll start at 10 PM ET, so if that third hour of Raw is looking rough you've got this:

Courtesy luchablog (duh)

CMLL (MON) 07/13/2015 Arena Puebla
1) Arkalis & Black Tiger vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito vs Espíritu Maligno, Mini Joker, Saurón
3) Flyer, Lestat, Soberano Jr. vs Fuerza Chicana, King Jaguar, Nitro
4) Stigma, Stuka Jr., Super Porky vs Boby Zavala, Misterioso Jr., Pierroth
5) Dragon Lee © vs Kamaitachi [CMLL SL]
second defense for Lee (both against Kamaitachi)
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Euforia, Rey Bucanero, Terrible