Thank you Speed Star!! Masato Yoshino Appreciation Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Headlock

Post by Headlock » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:41 pm

Given Yoshino is badly injured i decided to open this thread to show my appreciation for the Speer Star, I want you to join me, revisiting some of your favourite matches and sharing your thoughts.

For those of you who are not familiar with Masato Yoshino let me introduce him quickly.
Masato Yoshino is one of the 5 Dragon Gate pillars and probably Dragon Gates most decorated wrestler. He has won everything, Every title and every tournament in DG.
Yoshino is a very fast wrestler, thats why He is called Speed Star, incorperating his speed with many creative Submissions. He has many famous rivalrys the 3 Best known are with Naruki Doi, Dragon Kid and K-Ness. Yoshino is very beloved by fans all around the world for his quick, crisp wrestling as well as his charming charisma.
For the start of this thread i will revisit the first Masato Yoshino match i ever saw: Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet Champion Gate 2014

The Story going into this match was that After Yoshino defended his title against Masaaki Mochizuki, Mocchi and Yoshino agreed to Team together, there oppunits where T-Hawk and as a surprise to everyone Yoshino's Monster Express stablemate Ricochet.
Ricochet pinned Yoshino after reversing Yoshino's Torbellino into a crucifix. Ricochet wanted a shot at Yoshino's title and Yoshino agreed. Leading up to the title match Ricochet did not team with Monster Express, but instead with the Millenials, leading to Tozawa and Uhaa questioning if Ricochet was truly Monster Express.

The Match itself was great both Yoshino and Ricochet where both focused, yet cocky at points as both man where asured they can beat the other. Yoshino targeted Ricochets arm in the mach, yet Ricochet survived everything Yoshino had to offer pinning him with the debut of his Benadryller finisher.

I love this match ad this was my first ever DG match, thanks to STRIGGA who recomended this match at the German podcast Straight Wrestling
Call me leon

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Yoshino is in what may be the best Dragon Gate match ever the more I think about it which is himself and Syachihoko Boy vs Jimmy Susumu and Jimmy Kagetora.

The passion here comes from the story of Syachihoko and Yoshino being best friends and winning the tag titles, finally giving Syachi some kind of validation when for years he was viewed as a perennial loser. This is them holding on for dear life for these titles. So much emotion here and some absolutely mind blowing action, and Yoshino provides a lot of that with his well documented speed.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: Thank you Speed Star!! Masato Yoshino Appreciation Thread

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:18 pm

A real argument can be made that Yoshino is the best wrestler in Dragon Gate history. Unlike CIMA or even Tozawa or Mochizuki, I feel like Yoshino has never gotten his proper due outside of Dragon Gate circles. He's a great, great pro wrestler and the epitome of a great babyface.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:42 pm

How did the cat get hurt?
Who's Rob Viper ?

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:20 am

Buzz Sawyer wrote:How did the cat get hurt?
A Death Valley Bomb resulting in a herniated disk and three fractured (broken?) vertebrae. He has no feeling in his arms.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Cabel

Post by Cabel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:17 am

Can anyone explain why he always has the straps of his singlet down?

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Quentin Moody wrote:Yoshino is in what may be the best Dragon Gate match ever the more I think about it which is himself and Syachihoko Boy vs Jimmy Susumu and Jimmy Kagetora.

The passion here comes from the story of Syachihoko and Yoshino being best friends and winning the tag titles, finally giving Syachi some kind of validation when for years he was viewed as a perennial loser. This is them holding on for dear life for these titles. So much emotion here and some absolutely mind blowing action, and Yoshino provides a lot of that with his well documented speed.
Yoshino/Sachi vs Susumu/Kagetora is my favourite Dragon Gate match ever, my favourite tag team match ever, is in my top five matches of all time and is the best match of this century! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! ITS PERFECT!
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:06 pm

will miss the korakuen banters between him and Tozawa

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Yoshino was the first DG wrestler I saw that really "WOWed" me and is a big reason I became a fan of the product. You can't help but be amazed when you see him bounce off the ropes at 150 MPH. He's also one of the smoothest workers I have ever seen, he's was always in complete control of his body. I really, really hope this isn't it for him :(

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:55 am

Later today i will revisit Yoshino vs Mocchi 2013
Asweil as his units and the roles He had in them
Call me leon