Classic Michinoku Pro

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: Classic Michinoku Pro

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:45 pm

Hmm, no clue what it is. Just tried again last night and they either A) never download or were supremely slow. I'll have to look into it.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm sure a tech-savvy man like yourself Rich has an IP Blocker thing. Change to the UK and see if that helps it.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Downloads seem to be working now (guess it was a Google Chrome issue). The binge has begun.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:00 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Downloads seem to be working now (guess it was a Google Chrome issue). The binge has begun.
Nice!

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Just finished the matches Alan linked. Brought it up on Twitter when I started these matches, but I absolutely love this company. Love the wackiness, the action, and I'm really impressed by the way a lot of these matches were paced. A few other things to note,

-Loved TAKA so much, especially in multi-man matches. He always seemed to stick out in those 6/8/10 man clusters, which I really value. Going to dive into a lot of his other work soon because I'd like to find a spot for him on my GWE list.

-Dos Caras sucks.

-The 10/10/96 match has aged poorly. Dave gave it 5* and it's certainly not that. I have it right at 4. I'm sure watching this at the time it was out-of-this-world great, but seeing this after spending years watching Dragon Gate do these sorts of matches at an elite level hurt this match in my eyes. I liked what they were going for but I didn't like the sloppiness and I didn't think anything about the match was really that great. I'd love to put blame on Tiger Mask IV because I like picking on him, but I thought he was perfectly acceptable when he showed up on this list.

-How great is Yakushiji? Man, he added such a breath of fresh air into the last portion of this list. He was awesome in the 10/10/96 match, the 12/16/96 match, and his singles match against Togo. Wrestling needs more Yakushiji-like wrestlers. He's small, but that helps him standout. Loved the way he was connecting with the crowd in the 12/16 match and I love his arm drags.

-This was my first time diving into MPro Dick Togo. I've seen his retirement tour stuff and random matches that I've picked off of Ditch's site, but my God, he's so, so great. I've been meaning to dive into Togo some more and this was a nice start. One hell of a talent.

Thanks again for the links, Alan.

ThomasOP

Post by ThomasOP » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Alan4L wrote:
Did that around the time of my FSM piece on M-Pro which is one of my favourite things I've ever written (maybe my absolute favourite).
Where, and how can I read this?