wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Flapjackawa

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by Flapjackawa » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:05 pm

I've been following WxW since 16k last year and just discovered their Ambitions shows and was blown away by Gulak vs ZSJ from Ambition 5. Is there a service I can sign up to watch the rest of the Ambition series or anywhere online i can stream these? Also could anyone recommend me some matches throughout the promotions history I should check out?

themib

Post by themib » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Timothy Thatcher has won the Road to 16 Carat League, beating Tyler Bate in the final. He'll face Sasa Keel in the first round on Friday night.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Flapjackawa wrote:I've been following WxW since 16k last year and just discovered their Ambitions shows and was blown away by Gulak vs ZSJ from Ambition 5. Is there a service I can sign up to watch the rest of the Ambition series or anywhere online i can stream these? Also could anyone recommend me some matches throughout the promotions history I should check out?
shoot a tweet at @wxwGermany - they'll fill you in. I'm not 100% sure what the deal is with old AMBITION shows.

Flapjackawa

Post by Flapjackawa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Alan4L wrote:
Flapjackawa wrote:I've been following WxW since 16k last year and just discovered their Ambitions shows and was blown away by Gulak vs ZSJ from Ambition 5. Is there a service I can sign up to watch the rest of the Ambition series or anywhere online i can stream these? Also could anyone recommend me some matches throughout the promotions history I should check out?
shoot a tweet at @wxwGermany - they'll fill you in. I'm not 100% sure what the deal is with old AMBITION shows.
Thanks! I guess this means that I have to finally make a twiter account.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Super excited to head out tomorrow! Even the Alternate Four Way should be fun on the Night 1 preshow - Bobby Gunns vs. David Starr vs. The Rotation vs. Tyler Bate!

themib

Post by themib » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:06 am

Really good first night, with ZSJ/Walter, Bailey/Dragunov and Ospreay/Strickland all fantastic matches, and a tremendous beating put on Axel Dieter Jr. by Marty Scurll, though the fans weren't really into the Cena-style comeback by ADJ. Toni Storm was also surprisingly more over than Leva Bates, but when you consider that Toni is now more or less a semi-regular here, and NXT only legally came on here two months ago, after Leva's last appearance...

Interesting quarter final setup, as Drew Galloway won his match, but as he's got a booking in Scotland tomorrow, he'll have to wrestle his quarter final on Sunday, so only three of them tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised given the beating he took that ADJ gets paired with Galloway to get him a night off... though he's scheduled to do AMBITION tomorrow.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 am

They did exceptionally well to recover what they could, with only a 20 minute delay to the start of AMBITION 7, which was a fun little tournament won by Sasa Keel, who's the first ever two time winner.

Top to bottom, it'll be difficult to top Night 2 for the indy show of the year. A company record crowd of 750, and some really great matches in ADJ/Dragunov (half the fans hate Dieter Jr. now and feel he's getting a Cena down your throat push), Angelico/Bailey/Lee/Scurll, Ospreay/ZSJ, Callihan/Thatcher, and the main event, which saw Jurn Simmons inserted into the match, leading to him winning the title by giving Karsten Beck his own Piledriver. John Klinger had to be taken away on a stretcher by paramedics after a very scary looking table spot, and he was tweeting from the hospital afterwards. Absolute Andy was also helped to the back, but he was on his feet.

Appears Beck may be retiring, as he took off his boots and left them in the ring, kissing the mat before leaving. If he is done, he did a hell of a job with the main event scene over the last 18 months.

The final five (due to Drew Galloway being in Scotland last night) are Axel Dieter Jr., Sami Callihan, Zack Sabre Jr. and either Angelico or Galloway, who'll likely have the opening match tonight.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Taken a while to get back home and think about the weekend's events - though Night 2 was one of the best shows I've ever seen, Night 3 had the best match of the weekend, Mike Bailey & Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll & Trevor Lee. It's like the Electric Ballroom and the American Legion Post merged into one and relocated to Oberhausen. Everyone got their special moments, and everything was insane. Probably won't translate as well to VOD and DVD, but it was pure magic right in front of my eyes.

Fine conclusion to the tournament, and thankfully the fans got their hatred of Axel Dieter Jr. out of the way in his semi final with Drew Galloway so that the final was all about supporting Zack Sabre Jr. rather than any negativity. The final kind of reminded me a bit of the Tommy/Zack final from 2013, short but sweet, and getting done what it needed to. If they tried to top the tag match, they could have easily over-extended themselves. Still, Zack's the deserving winner, and we've got the story now of ADJ having lost two straight finals, and looking to finally win it next year at all costs.

Early tickets for 16 Carat Gold 2017 have already gone on sale, and the best of the few seats there are have already sold out - a year in advance! I usually book three months ahead, have a feeling I may need to book earlier this time round.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:15 pm

An absolutely incredible weekend. Night 2 was one of the best top to bottom cards I've seen live with so many different great things and nothing close to bad. Both Night 1 and 3 had some amazing stuff too. Hope we did it all justice on commentary.

Ospreay, Marty, Zack, Sami and Thatcher showed themselves as being some of the best in the world over the course of the weekend. Meanwhile Dave Starr, Shane Strickland, Toni Storm, Axel Dieter Jr, Tyler Bate and Ilja Dragunov all came out of the weekend looking like the stars of the future.

Three days of wrestling with crowds of up to 750 on Saturday, full on incredible production and an amazing energy from start to finish. Special stuff.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Is Night 1 able to be released, or is it lost?

themib

Post by themib » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:48 pm

K. Hare wrote:Is Night 1 able to be released, or is it lost?
Don't think the filming of the show was the issue, it was the laptops and things linked to the set, which they were able to backup. Everyone will get to see Night 1.

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:17 am

Yeah I heard they had MAJOR issues with the German commentary but apart from re-recording one match the English version was fine.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:58 pm

yeah me and Jeremy had to rerecord Ilja vs Bailey (which airs on SHotgun tomorrow incidently) but everything else was fine. The German commentators on the other hand lost their Night 1 track, half of Night 2 and one of them legitimately had a near heart attack on Night 3 (he was taken to hospital and will be fine in a few weeks)

themib

Post by themib » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:03 pm

Really good episode of Shotgun, and you should really see the Bailey/Dragunov match, then again when the full show comes out. Simmons representing Sports Entertainment against Zack Sabre Jr. and pro wrestling should be an interesting styles battle when it takes place.