wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Kirk D

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by Kirk D » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:12 am

It 's being said that he has a special contract that still allows him to work at wXw as long as it does not collide with its WWE dates and he is permitted to teach at the wXw Academy. However, his number of dates has been significantly reduced. I would expect that he would get a big send-off, if he was no longer wrestling there, like Tommy End or Axel Dieter Junior.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:07 am

themib wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 am
wXw announced their schedule for 16 Carat Gold Weekend:

THURSDAY
Inner Circle at wXw Wrestling Academy in Essen, 7pm - SOLD OUT

FRIDAY
Podcast Marathon at Haus Union, 3pm
16 Carat Gold Night 1, Doors 6pm, Alternate 4 Way 7:30pm, Main Show 8pm
Oberhausen Open 2: 16 Carat Bowled at Knippis Bowling Palace, 11:30pm

SATURDAY
AMBITION 10, Doors 12:15pm, Main Show 1pm
Wrestling Deutschland 2 at Steffy, Doors 3pm, Main Show 3:30pm
16 Carat Gold Night 2, Doors 6pm, Main Show 7:30pm
Aftershow Party, 11pm - SOLD OUT

SUNDAY
Fan Expo/Taping of Road To New York City, 1pm
16 Carat Gold Night 3, Doors 3:30pm, Main Show 5pm
I have one 3-day pass for the main 16 Carat shows (standing) plus Ambition and Aftershow-Party to sell (only altogether). In case you are interested, DM me.

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 pm

Anyone know if there's a delay in the English release for Back to the Roots?
Just went on Twitter to ask and I seen the result for the Rise match 😥

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 am

I finally had the chance to watch Back to the Roots yesterday. Aside of Andy vs Ilja and Melanie vs Toni nothing noteworthy, but also nothing downright bad.

So Melanie is mostly done with wXw at least for the near future, but she gave Toni a good match. She has been a pillar of the women's division and she always gave it all.

Andy vs Ila, well, I said it before. wXw continue their streak of BS finishes. I don't know what their obsession with BS booking is. That's the one thing I don't like about the promotion. Can't just either guy finally win clean? The most disappointing about this is that my favorite wXw wrestler is likely to face Nick Hein at Carat, the one guy I absolutely don't want to see. Go-away-heat. His mannerisms don't even make sense.

On the good news side, grumpy Walter is cool, and on social media it looks like three Ringkampf members are going to 16 Carat!

themib

Post by themib » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:49 pm

The one saving grace is that Hein's UFC contract will prohibit him from working a wrestling match.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Cross fingers

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 am

Good news: Dragunow confirmed as 16 Carat tournament participant. Now let's just hope that Hein doesn't interfere.

Lucky Kid is also confirmed, while everything is pointing at Gunns challenging Andy for the title. Lucky Kid may be the dark horse in the tournament.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:04 pm

Time to get ready for 16 Carat!

The tournament Friday is set:
Timothy Thatcher vs Lucky Kid (the rematch from last year)
Rey Fenix vs Rey Horus (Lucha!)
Shigehiro Irie vs Chris Brookes
Ilja Dragunov vs Daisuke Sekimoto
Axel Dieter Jr vs Marius Al Ani
Penta vs Mark Davies
Jurn Simmons vs Avalanche (the local big men feud)
And David Starr vs Walter (will David finally make it???)

The tournament field looks very strong, a lot of tough big men. This can go many ways: they can let Axel Dieter Jr finally win it, they can reward Thatcher or Starr for their year long dedication, they can add Ilja to the exclusive list of double winners or elevate local talent such as Lucky Kid or Al'Ani.

What strikes me is the enormous potential for tag team action for those who drop out of the tournament. Ringkampf (if you count in Veit Mueller) could have tag team action in as many as six different variations, you have the Lucha Bros, Kyle Fletcher is announced as well so you have Aussie Open, Thatcher teases to "take decisions for himself " (as Walter and Axel Dieter took decisions = signed with WWE for themselves), so could tag with Brookes as Calamari Thatch Kings.

The title match for Saturday (Gunns vs Andy) will either be great or not. If the fans highjack again with the Gunns Bobby Gunns chant, this will be a bad match but the fans will be happy. If they let the two guys wrestle, Andy can make Gunns look really strong here. But then the Carat Saturday title match is prone to surprises and swerves and why are they suddenly featuring Bobby Gunns' brother so much???

Anybody from the community here that will be there? Then let me know and let'shave a beer at Turbinenhalle.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:11 pm

How quickly will this be uploaded to On Demand?

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:26 pm

Ckkj14 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:11 pm
How quickly will this be uploaded to On Demand?
https://www.wxwnow.com/en/schedule

Incase anyone else was wondering

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Back from Oberhausen, no voice left and super tired ...

And what a weekend it was. As the shows start being uploaded today, here are the recommendations:
Day 1:
Thatcher vs Lucky Kid and Walter vs Starr are must watch for the weekend story, and you may not want to miss Ilja vs Daisuke Sekimoto
Day 2:
Must watch: Walter vs Fenix and Ilja vs Pentagon; you may not want to miss the entertaining 4-way dance and the tag title tornado 3-way.
If you like record chants, the GUNNS BOBBY GUNNS match is for you and if you like it, you get wXw style overbooked referee crap on top!
And watch the shotgun title open challenge for a BIG BIG BIG surprise!
Day 3:
Must watch: the three way with the wXw debut of "Schadenfreude" (here: Aussie Open and Chris Brookes) and the 16 Carat Gold final; you want to watch the 3-way Ringkampf vs Sekimoto/Ishikawa/Irie and must watch the Ringkampf sequence after the match;

There is a lot to talk about, but let's first sleep over it ;-)

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:24 pm

How the hell do I sign up to watch these shows

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am

You go on https://www.wxwnow.com/en, click on Login and then choose "Don't have an account - join"

themib

Post by themib » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:00 pm

There's a change to the World Tag Team League format, including the name - it's now the World Tag Team Festival.

Instead of having two blocks of four teams, with three matches for each team, it'll now be a single elimination tournament with twelve teams, so six teams will only have one big match. There'll be a three way final on the Sunday show.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:45 am

I liked the league format, but this one will do it as well. Also allows participation of all local teams, last year most notably Rise could not participate and Coast 2 Coast were tour guest and only in the pre-show. I did not get what sets Ambition Wildcard apart from Ambition though, but given my usual state on wXw Festival Sunday’s I wont need to know anyway ...

Their NYC show seems to have been in a hard spot to create any buzz, head to head with Bloodsport and right before DDT. But their local heroes Gunn’s and Lucky Kid are not yet known outside the German Irish wXw bubble.

Superstars of Wrestling seems to suffer from the lack of availability for big names. Ken Shamrock is a big name, but Joey Janela or Brian Cage would in other years be your typical 16Carat guest, and local talent such as Walter and Toni Storm is now booked as Superstar guest. Obviously this great to attract NXT Uk fans but for the loyal fan base this is a bit insulting.