wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
themib

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by themib » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:53 pm

David Starr is out of the main event on Saturday due to injury - someone from the roster will get the shot at Absolute Andy.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:36 am

A pity.

wXw announced that UFC fighter Nico Hein would attend anniversary, and some believe he may be part of the ambition superfight at the 16Carat weekend. The announcement drew quite some controversy, including wXw deleting more than 60 facebook posts, because Nico Hein has quite a reputation for his facebook posts that glorify violence, advocate martial police forces and his vociferous intolerance to liberal opinions. None of this fits into wXw's image (such as promoting a shirt "Love wrestling, hate racism") and fandom.

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:52 am

themib wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:53 pm
David Starr is out of the main event on Saturday due to injury - someone from the roster will get the shot at Absolute Andy.
Is Ilja booked elsewhere that day?

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:12 pm

Work or?

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:43 pm

No work. That was actually a known fact.

The Anniversary show was in the end a mixed bag.
+ Record crowd
+ great atmosphere during main event and the dusty finish of the title match
+ Special treat 3-man Ringkampf with Axel Dieter Junior
+ Axel Dieter Junior announced for 16 Carat (he won everything at wXw except 16 Carat, which he wants to achieve)
+ Shikehiro Irie looked very god at his debut, he is announced for further shows and may qualify for 16 Carat

- overuse of referee scree-ups (which are anyway notorious in wXw booking)
- RISE story gets heated up after it lost every steam (now even RISE (Tarkan Aslan/Al-Ani/Da Mack) vs RISE (Bouncer/Kiev/Lucky Kid)
- somehow Lucky's challenge to Al-Ani for the shotgut got cancelled (which was not properly explained on VoD)
- For the third time at major events this year wXw let the face win a match and restart it later because of referee reversing its decision. I am so tired of this.
- Nick Hein (who was booed heavily because of his political attitude (See above) now involved in the Andy vs Ilja storyline. The last this feud needs is another screwjob finish. Furthermore, the crowd does not want to see Nick Hein, so the booking gets dysfunctional because Andy gets cheered whenever interacting with Nick Hein.

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:26 am

Irie came out of that match looking like a monster, hope Gunns doesn't lose any shine from the loss.

Do you think they will go back to Lucky vs Al-ani? I was looking forward to that.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:05 am

The story seems to be Gunns having taken the shortcut to the top but since then being on a losing streak. I believe he'll eventually recover from that. He is certainly one of the favorites for 16 Carat.

I assume they will move on with Lucky vs Al'Ani, which fits as they meet in the Käfigschlacht in a few weeks anyway.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:06 am

There's Road to Back to the Roots tonight on wXw Now, which will have a Gunns/Irie rematch as well as the full card announcement for BttR.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:42 am

Gunns/Irie 2 on the Road to show was better than their 18th Anni match, and they'll have a third match at Back to the Roots.

Also, the RISE Käfigschlacht is now for the Shotgun and Tag Titles, and they're doing Toni vs. Melanie for the Women's Title in a Loser Leaves Town match - gee, I wonder which one of them has a big contract...

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:57 pm

That's either way a huge loss for the women's division. I hope Killer Kelly is on a not too restricted NXT UK contract because otherwise there really is just Melanie and Alpha Female but the latter does not often get booked for whatever reason. The occasional guests at the wXw academy won't be sufficient to sustain the wXw women's division.

Meiko Satomura still has a title shot from femmes fatales, maybe she will join for 16 Carat. Lufisto was excellent in wXw last year and they teased some tension between her and Melanie.

Lufisto is actually announced for their NYC card for Wrestlemania weekend. Gunns, Dragunov, Andy, Alexander James, Avalanche, David Starr, Al-Ani, Chris Brookes.They seem to really focus on wXw talent (or talent regularly booked) no supershow booking. The list however shows on what level you have to rank the RISE vs RISE feud.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

I havent watched the product since the tag league. I was wondering if it was worth catching up on? Originally i was going to use christmas break but i was a bit worried about getting back into the promotion because of the WWE UK dealings. How has the product been leading up to Back to the Roots?

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:48 pm

18th Anniversary a few weeks ago was solid, do it!!

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 am

Broken Rules is a must watch, Road to Anniversary in Hamburg was good, Anniversary was solid. Recommended in this order.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 am

wXw announced their schedule for 16 Carat Gold Weekend:

THURSDAY
Inner Circle at wXw Wrestling Academy in Essen, 7pm - SOLD OUT

FRIDAY
Podcast Marathon at Haus Union, 3pm
16 Carat Gold Night 1, Doors 6pm, Alternate 4 Way 7:30pm, Main Show 8pm
Oberhausen Open 2: 16 Carat Bowled at Knippis Bowling Palace, 11:30pm

SATURDAY
AMBITION 10, Doors 12:15pm, Main Show 1pm