wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
User avatar
van Fair
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by van Fair » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:01 pm

suplexberry wrote:Yikes. I hope they keep booking David Starr tho, really like that guy.

I'm struggling to get the best out of my WXWNow subscription. I watched the tag league, 16 Carat from earlier this year and some Shotgun eps. What else is worthwhile? Was the Triangle thing with BJW & CZW from 2013 any good?
They specifically mentioned that this has no influence on their relation with Starr and I think they really like him so he will still be booked.

I hope Strickland didn't get himself sydaled, given that he appeared to run into trouble at the airport. Since Germany has much more lax laws regarding weed than Japan that would mean he either had some other stuff on him or a lot of it on him. It has to be something more severe than disagreements about pay or LU pulling him from the show, since the decision from wXw is pretty definitive.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

User avatar
VilinskiKonjic
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:16 pm

van Fair wrote:
suplexberry wrote:Yikes. I hope they keep booking David Starr tho, really like that guy.

I'm struggling to get the best out of my WXWNow subscription. I watched the tag league, 16 Carat from earlier this year and some Shotgun eps. What else is worthwhile? Was the Triangle thing with BJW & CZW from 2013 any good?
They specifically mentioned that this has no influence on their relation with Starr and I think they really like him so he will still be booked.

I hope Strickland didn't get himself sydaled, given that he appeared to run into trouble at the airport. Since Germany has much more lax laws regarding weed than Japan that would mean he either had some other stuff on him or a lot of it on him. It has to be something more severe than disagreements about pay or LU pulling him from the show, since the decision from wXw is pretty definitive.
Supposedly Strickland doesn't drink or do drugs so it's something else.

User avatar
FilipPejic
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:05 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by FilipPejic » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:42 pm

VilinskiKonjic wrote:
van Fair wrote:
suplexberry wrote:Yikes. I hope they keep booking David Starr tho, really like that guy.

I'm struggling to get the best out of my WXWNow subscription. I watched the tag league, 16 Carat from earlier this year and some Shotgun eps. What else is worthwhile? Was the Triangle thing with BJW & CZW from 2013 any good?
They specifically mentioned that this has no influence on their relation with Starr and I think they really like him so he will still be booked.

I hope Strickland didn't get himself sydaled, given that he appeared to run into trouble at the airport. Since Germany has much more lax laws regarding weed than Japan that would mean he either had some other stuff on him or a lot of it on him. It has to be something more severe than disagreements about pay or LU pulling him from the show, since the decision from wXw is pretty definitive.
Supposedly Strickland doesn't drink or do drugs so it's something else.
That's why I think it has something do with Lucha Underground.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

User avatar
themib
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by themib » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Maybe wXw were pissed that he didn't tell them he had LU commitments, and those messed with their plans? It is pretty short notice that this tour is happening though.

User avatar
FilipPejic
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:05 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by FilipPejic » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Maybe now that Lucha Underground is touring now might have played a part in it
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

User avatar
thecubsfan
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by thecubsfan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:38 am

It's short notice to the public, but LU wrestlers were told these dates (and which ones of them they were working) a while ago.

User avatar
VilinskiKonjic
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:08 am

themib wrote:Maybe wXw were pissed that he didn't tell them he had LU commitments, and those messed with their plans? It is pretty short notice that this tour is happening though.
Would that really be enough to have them not even want him in this Saturday where he could drop the titles? Unless he was having to pull out of that show I guess.

He tweeted about being stuck at an airport so I'm assuming visa issues, but then David Starr's tweet made it sound like there was a falling out of some kind that he was caught in the middle of so I have no idea.

User avatar
van Fair
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by van Fair » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:15 pm

wXw has announced that Lio Rush will replace Shane Strickland in the Main Event at Broken Rulz. So now its David Star and Lio Rush vs A4 in a TLC match. That sounds like a pretty good match. Additionally they announced that they will fly in Paul London on short notice to fill up the card.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

User avatar
themib
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by themib » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:27 pm

We can rule the Lucha Underground house show theory out, as Strickland is now on the Fight Club: PRO shows this weekend as Drew Gulak's replacement.

User avatar
van Fair
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by van Fair » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:56 am

themib wrote:We can rule the Lucha Underground house show theory out, as Strickland is now on the Fight Club: PRO shows this weekend as Drew Gulak's replacement.
That makes this even weirder. So he is not even going back to the US. I kind of started to think that it was the Lucha Underground show and that they send Paul London over as a make good to wXw. But now that is clearly not it.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

User avatar
wac
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by wac » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:19 pm

van Fair wrote:wXw has announced that Lio Rush will replace Shane Strickland in the Main Event at Broken Rulz. So now its David Star and Lio Rush vs A4 in a TLC match. That sounds like a pretty good match. Additionally they announced that they will fly in Paul London on short notice to fill up the card.
Really bummed about Strickland, especially coming off how great the tag league final was, but Rush is a great replacement.

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by rovert » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:29 am


User avatar
themib
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by themib » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:02 pm

My Vimeo feed behaved strangely during Broken Rules - it started slowing down in places while the commentary was normal speed, then it started speeding up to catch up, so at times, Alan was describing something I wasn't seeing for another minute or two.

User avatar
themib
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by themib » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:15 pm

Watched a bit of the Weyhe show that went up, for some reason it doesn't include Melanie Grey's match with Jinny. Was it held up to go on Shotgun, or was it really that bad?

User avatar
van Fair
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: wXw - Germany's biggest promotion

Post by van Fair » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:14 pm

themib wrote:Watched a bit of the Weyhe show that went up, for some reason it doesn't include Melanie Grey's match with Jinny. Was it held up to go on Shotgun, or was it really that bad?
As far as I have heard, the match was just two really bad botches before they went to a quick finish, because both women got hurt.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Post Reply