Insane Championship Wrestling

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
themib

Re: Insane Championship Wrestling

Post by themib » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:03 am

They wrestled last night at Kamikaze Pro, though Tom claims he's "only got two matches left" now.

themib

Post by themib » Mon May 02, 2016 1:26 pm

The mystery team in the ICW Tag Team Championship Tournament are "The Rich Kids of Instagram", whose members are Aaron Echo, Austin Osiris and Kyle Khaos. It isn't known yet which two of them will face The Local Fire in the first round this Sunday.

Padje

Post by Padje » Tue May 03, 2016 1:30 pm

themib wrote:They wrestled last night at Kamikaze Pro, though Tom claims he's "only got two matches left" now.
My first time seeing them, and with any luck, the last.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Tue May 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Still can't believe they were once a popular act last year looking at them now
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Was told the day it happened that Tom Irvin had a WWE tryout at the UK TV tapings last month and kind of hand waved it. But the weekend before last there was a lot of talk of UK workers being PISSED that someone was signed for their social media and not their Wrestling. Lots of WWE wrestlers current and former have repped Geeze on social media the last year and he's a former Lance Storm student.

Treat this as hearsay only and don't spread this everywhere as he probably needs go to through the WWE signing process and apply for a passport.

Padje

Post by Padje » Wed May 04, 2016 9:24 am

rovert wrote:Was told the day it happened that Tom Irvin had a WWE tryout at the UK TV tapings last month and kind of hand waved it. But the weekend before last there was a lot of talk of UK workers being PISSED that someone was signed for their social media and not their Wrestling. Lots of WWE wrestlers current and former have repped Geeze on social media the last year and he's a former Lance Storm student.

Treat this as hearsay only and don't spread this everywhere as he probably needs go to through the WWE signing process and apply for a passport.
We really do live in the most amazing wrestling times.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed May 04, 2016 1:05 pm

I haven't circled a square and managed to confirm it. Maybe wrestlers were angry about Joe Hendry/ROH but Joe is a respectable wrestler.

Padje

Post by Padje » Wed May 04, 2016 1:33 pm

rovert wrote:I haven't circled a square and managed to confirm it. Maybe wrestlers were angry about Joe Hendry/ROH but Joe is a respectable wrestler.
If they're angry about Joe Hendry they're just bitter. He's one of the best character propects in the UK. His entrances are great, he's also a good actor and carries himself well. To me he was Scotland's most assured worldwide success.

themib

Post by themib » Sun May 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Kurt Angle has been announced as competing at Fear & Loathing IX at the Hydro.

Tonight's show has seen both Billy Kirkwood and Chris Renfrew be "fired" by Red Lightning - as I type, Joe Coffey's job is currently on the line too.

EDIT: Coffey won, he gets a title shot at Shug's Hoose Party 3 on July 31st.

themib

Post by themib » Thu May 26, 2016 9:33 pm

ICW have signed a deal to air a one hour version of Friday Night Fight Club on the Fight Network, which means they'll be seen in Canada, the United States, Portugal, Belgium, Greece, Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, Angola, Mozambique, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, and other various European, African and Middle Eastern countries. They currently also air on Nuvolari, which is based in Italy, and is broadcast in four countries, and is already doing pretty good ratings in Italy. They just need the UK TV deal now...

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat May 28, 2016 6:35 pm

I can't imagine the Middle East version won't be at least somewhat censored. WWE and TNA had a lot of stuff cut out from what I remember before discovering online streams.

themib

Post by themib » Mon May 30, 2016 9:51 pm

Shug's Hoose Party on July 31st will be ICW's first live iPPV, on the FITE TV app for $35.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 31, 2016 1:51 pm

themib wrote:Shug's Hoose Party on July 31st will be ICW's first live iPPV, on the FITE TV app for $35.
Will be an interesting test of their fanbase from a price and technological standpoint.

cheapshot

Post by cheapshot » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:30 am

So ICW have started following Challenge TV on twitter. Maybe a non story, but best thought I'd throw it out.
wrestlingeye.libsyn.com

Padje

Post by Padje » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:17 am

rovert wrote:
themib wrote:Shug's Hoose Party on July 31st will be ICW's first live iPPV, on the FITE TV app for $35.
Will be an interesting test of their fanbase from a price and technological standpoint.
PPV price should never be more than the cost of a ticket into the actual event (£20.81 with fees. And it hasn't sold out)

Looks to me like a test for their big November show, but again, that hasn't sold out, and most people who would want to watch it will likely be in that building.