Insane Championship Wrestling

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
themib

Re: Insane Championship Wrestling

Post by themib » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Not too long ago, Mark Dallas noticed the article (hence the Renfrew promo), and yelled out a loud FUCK TNA in a tweet. Jeremy Borash was none too happy, claiming that TNA had long been an ICW supporter and had helped them in various situations. Sure ICW can outdraw TNA in Glasgow, but that's the only city they can do it in at this moment in time.

DrHero

Post by DrHero » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Apparently ICW are flyering outside Progress' show at the Ballroom in London. Wasn't too long ago where Mark Dallas was on vocal rants about WWE and TNA doing the same thing.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:43 pm

DrHero wrote:Apparently ICW are flyering outside Progress' show at the Ballroom in London. Wasn't too long ago where Mark Dallas was on vocal rants about WWE and TNA doing the same thing.
ICW and Dallas being hypocritical? Who'd have thunk it?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:56 pm

So... Grado got taught what happens when you start working too much outside of Scotland then I guess...

DrHero

Post by DrHero » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:16 am

PKThree wrote:So... Grado got taught what happens when you start working too much outside of Scotland then I guess...
Can't wait for the depushes of Havoc & Damo to start soon.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:25 am

Well Havoc is likely heading back to PROGRESS relatively soon, so that will probably happen.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:46 am

DrHero wrote: Can't wait for the depushes of Havoc & Damo to start soon.
I don't think Renfrew or Dallas dares mess with Damo.

DrHero

Post by DrHero » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:10 am

PKThree wrote:
DrHero wrote: Can't wait for the depushes of Havoc & Damo to start soon.
I don't think Renfrew or Dallas dares mess with Damo.
You'd think that but then after all the time & effort put into the Fear & Loathing build, you'd think they wouldn't have sent Renfrew out on the Grado hit job a few weeks back.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:47 am

DrHero wrote: You'd think that but then after all the time & effort put into the Fear & Loathing build, you'd think they wouldn't have sent Renfrew out on the Grado hit job a few weeks back.
Grado is a small, chubby wee man. Damo is Damo.
Another delicious piece of hypocrisy from ICW is Mr. Galloway

themib

Post by themib » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:28 pm

Quick thoughts on Square Go...

*Decent opener with Lionheart and Kenny Williams. Not been a massive fan of Lionheart, especially since his return from his neck injury, but he's found a role that suits him right now as a guy who just doesn't care and gets on with his wrestling, and he had a good performance here.

*Hope this was the last 55/Polo Promotions match, as that's happened more than enough times over the past few months. There was a good story in this one based around Jackie Polo's knee, but hopefully ICW can use this upcoming tour to build up a new team to challenge Fite and Samuels.

*Carmel Jacob vs. Liam Thomson really didn't work for those fans, felt pretty uncomfortable with Thomson taking a lot of the match and invoking the worst of the Intergender tropes. At least they got the finish right with Jacob swinging a chair, and that got a big pop. Hopefully Jacob just moves on to defending the Women's Title, though Kay Lee Ray and Viper aren't around for the next few months, and who knows when Nikki Storm gets the call to head to the PC...

*Grado's got to the point where he's now just wearing trunks, and let's just say I've seen people way more ill fitting to wear them than him. Grado and Chris Renfrew had a really good brawl, and a hot divided crowd (see what happens when you have Grado against an NAK member in Glasgow) - honestly surprised that they'd take the title off Grado just under three months from when he won it, but Renfrew won it clean (or as clean as you can with weapons and a barbed wire board involved), and as the Square Go Match then showed, it sets up a heck of a year long story for ICW.

*ICW booked Joe Coffey in the Square Go Match how WWE should have booked Roman Reigns in the Royal Rumble, going the distance, impressing with big moves, but just coming up short in the end. You now have a few redemption stories - Coffey's build to get a title match, Big Damo and Noam Dar's wars with the Black Label, Mikey Whiplash looking to get the Fear & Loathing main event at the SSE Hydro, and Grado's bid to reclaim the title.

*And then you have the story that should guide ICW through the rest of the year, tension in the New Age Kliq, if Wolfgang will cash in on his stablemate Chris Renfrew, or if the NAK sense it and kick Wolfgang out. Let's hope it doesn't turn out like when The Giant won World War 3 and had issues with Hollywood Hogan.

dynamoshels

Post by dynamoshels » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:03 am

@themib Nice overview. My review is with the VOW editorial department : ) I thought the three undercard matches were generally underwhelming. Williams worked hard and stood out but I could take or leave the rest.

Totally agree on tag team- these teams need to be kept apart now. I don't know who you'd have in mind to spice up tag division?

Carmel/Thomson was an unpleasant mess. Questionable if it has place on any show but definitely shouldn't have been here.

Top two matches saved the show for me.

Compared to last year, I thought the Square Go match had much clearer and thought through narrative than '15. Building '16 around Coffey and NAK seems to be the way to go. Although, I'd love to see Dar getting a programme he can get his chops into too.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Hell of a match booked for the Dublin show, and it just so happens I'll be there to see it (almost as if they knew I was coming)... Marty Scurll vs. Tommy End in only their second ever singles match, and their first in three years!

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:04 pm

themib wrote:Hell of a match booked for the Dublin show, and it just so happens I'll be there to see it (almost as if they knew I was coming)... Marty Scurll vs. Tommy End in only their second ever singles match, and their first in three years!
Tommy End has strained ligaments according to his twitter, match very much in doubt. :-(

themib

Post by themib » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Big Damo won the ICW World Heavyweight Championship from Chris Renfrew in Belfast last night, winning it in front of his home fans. First ever World Title change outside of Glasgow and Scotland. His first defence is tonight in Dublin, I'll be there this evening.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Is Renfrew in tears yet over the new ICW champion appearing on TNA TV this week and jobbing to Eric Young?