NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
JB Gremlin

Re: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11

Post by JB Gremlin » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Some quick last minute predictions because I'm getting very excited now and have been flipping results in my head all day (I honestly don't think I've been this pumped for a show in years and years)

7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi - I'm strongly on the side that KUSHIDA needs to chase again, if these two are about to embark on a long rivalry you can go either way here but I think it really makes the most sense for the title if KUSHIDA loses here and doesn't best Takahashi for a while. This could still go either way but of the top 4 it's the match I'm most confident in, it also remains my second most anticipated match behind the main event, it's been well built, Takahashi has looked like a future megastar in just three appearances (I liked the idea of him working without gear because he thought he was coming in straight to the dome), KUSHIDA is one of the best wrestlers in the world. Please give them some time and no LIJ shenanigans!

8. NEVER Openweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto - I really have no strong feelings either way here, I sort of feel like the Goto story isn't designed for him to end up positioned in the NEVER mix, and I do still think (Or maybe hope) they have a long term pay off for it, that said step one in "redemption" could conceivably be beating his old rival for a title that he has controlled for much of the year. Or do they have him fail again leading to a snap down the line? I'll go Goto.

9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - Again I've been back and forth on this one, I was initially confident Tana was taking it but does Naito lose a significant amount of steam if he drops the belt here? Unless they are going to do a protracted WK feud as with Okada and Tanahashi I'm starting to lean on the side of Naito. That said, should Tana really lose on his new gear and music debut? So it's very 50/50 for me, but I'll take Tana I think. My main hope is that, again, there is no LiJ BS, they have done a lot this year on the smaller shows and I really hope they avoid it here. This is actually my least hyped match of the top four, insane given that it probably realistically has a floor of ****

10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega - I've been persuaded by the "ACE At The Dome" arguments of the last week, I love both guys and there is no wrong answer here for me but I was solidly behind Omega "will" win this match until this week, and now I've been convinced Okada is winning simply because it is the dome and he is the ace. Then Omega effectively saying "If we want to expand, I'm the guy we should expand with" kind of made me think, maybe he's right! But it's this that makes all these matches (And this one especially) so exciting, I'm genuinely flipping on a day to day basis on who I expect to win and they all feel like they are important going forward in terms of shaping the company. I Cant wait!

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:07 pm

- Pre-show Rumble
I'm destined to get this wrong without knowing the full entrant list. I'll give it to the brave hero who came back from a serious neck injury who is unfairly getting shipped to Mexico
Winner: Yoshi Tatsu
- Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger The Dark
It makes sense to hype up the Tokyo Dome crowd, what better way to do that than to pop the TMW in the audience?
Winner: Tiger Mask W
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag-Team Championship: The Young Bucks (c) vs Roppongi Vice
This one's close, while I'd like to see RPG get a Wrestle Kingdom moment, I really don't see how the bucks are going to lose.
Winner: The Bucks
- NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag-Team Championship: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet, & David Finlay (c) vs. LIdJ (SANADA/EVIL/BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Jado/Will Ospreay/YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (Hangman Page/Yujiro Takahashi/Bad Luck Fale)
I understand the hype surrounding the Kojima, LIdJ and CHAOS teams, but I think Fale, Page and Yujiro are going to run the gauntlet. Remember, Fale and Yujiro won these titles before, and Fale's a freaking giant. It's an unpopular pick, but I see it happening.
Winner: Bullet Club
- Juice Robinson vs. Cody Rhodes
It's obvious, even the oddest outcome won't be Juice winning clean.
Winner: Cody
- RoH World Championship: Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole
Contract talks aside, O' Reilly just won the belt off Cole and I don't see him losing just yet. If he's going to WWE or NJPW full time, he has to look like a strong champ anyway.
Winner: O'Reilly
- IWGP Tag-Team Championship: Guerillas of Destiny (c) vs. Great Bash Heel vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano/Tomohiro Ishii)
I don't want Yano and Ishii to win after the crap Yano pulled. I thing G.B.H. takes it and then pulls a Meiyu Tag later in the year with G.o.D.
Winner:G.B.H.
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
KUSHIDA's an awesome champ and even though fans wanted BUSHI, Osprey, and to a lesser extent Riccochet to face him at the Dome, I think NJPW was planning this all along. After impressive showings at CMLL, Fantasticamania, and RoH, Hiromu was built to be the ultimate challenge for KUSHIDA, a true adversary something that former AJPW guys/former jobbers and gaijins most likely won't going to be. That said Hiromu will take the belt and KUSHIDA will be the one chasing his new rival to win again.
Winner:Takahashi
- NEVER Openweight Championship: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
Goto gets the belt and Shibata can move on (hopefully to quit putting off that surgery he needs).
Winner:Goto
- IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
This is tough if Tanahashi wins, though, he still might see himself as the Ace of the company and Naito gets more ammo for his soapbox so more fans can love him. If Naito wins, he'll step on the belt some more and be an apathetic punk while Tana will be in the fetal position, sobbing over his former glory. I like the first scenario better.
Winner:Tanahashi
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega
I so want Kenny to win, but the Dome is not the time for that. Watch him get it sometime soon afterward though.
Winner:Okada

Isi

Post by Isi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:49 am

it's a bit lazy on my part, but I'm thinking Gedo will do something similar to the final night of the Super Jrs and the G1, where Ospreay and Kenny won after Chaos and Bullet dropped the undercard matches. (the addition of the chaos team to the heavyweight tag pushed me in this direction)

1. TV Anime Special Match: Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Baretta
3. NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title, Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay (c) vs. CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay & Jado) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japón (SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi)
4. Special Singles Match: Cody vs. Juice Robinson
5. ROH World Title: Kyle O`Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole
6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
8. NEVER Openweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

Looking at it now though, it feels werid for basically all the titles to change hands. oh well. with the roh title, i'm just going with the status quo, but obviously if kyle has to drop the belt before he leaves japan, cole's winning
Last edited by Isi on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:06 am

My turn to play pick'em.
1. TV Anime Special Match: Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Baretta
3. NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title, Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay (c) vs. CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay & Jado) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japón (SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi)
4. Special Singles Match: Cody vs. Juice Robinson
5. ROH World Title: Kyle O`Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole
6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
8. NEVER Openweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

Just going by the "trends" and everything. I would love to see Naito beat Tanahashi & O'Reilly win, but I doubt that will happen.
Who's Rob Viper ?

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:30 am

Predictions:
1. Tiger Mask W
2. Roppongi Vice
3. CHAOS
4. Cody Rhodes
5. Kyle O' Reilly
6. Ishii & Yano
7. Hiromu Takahashi
8. Katsuyori Shibata
9. Hiroshi Tanahashi
10. Kenny Omega

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:53 am

Last minute prediction changes:

1. Tiger Mask
2. Young Bucks
3. LIdJ
4. Cody Rhodes
5. Kyle
6. Ishii/Yano
7. Takahashi
8. Goto
9. Tanahashi
10. Omega

Bullet Club will lose most of their matches while their leader looks strong, opposite happens with LIdJ. I don't know where they go with Naito from here but this is the way I look at it. Both heel leaders aren't losing, but neither are the top two babyfaces.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

throwstuff165

Post by throwstuff165 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:57 am

Predictions:
1. Tiger Mask W
2. RPG Vice
3. LIJ
4. Cody
5. O'Reilly
6. Ishii/Yano
7. Takahashi
8. Shibata
9. Tanahashi
10. Omega

Rooting for:
1. Tiger Mask W
2. Young Bucks
3. Kojima, Ricochet, Finlay
4. Cody I guess
5. O'Reilly
6. Don't really care
7. Takahashi
8. Shibata
9. Naito
10. Okada

Edit: Reconsidered my Naito/Tanahashi prediction.
Last edited by throwstuff165 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deman93

Post by Deman93 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:44 am

I'm insanely excited to watch my first ever Wrestle Kingdom live! I started getting into NJPW back in March and I fell in love with it instantly and I'm expecting an amazing show tonight.

Preshow Rumble: Michael Elgin - Here's going to be the biggest star in the match I believe and I think he could take this win and use it as more fuel to get match against a winner of a match later in the show.

1. TV Anime Special Match: Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark - I think the result of this match is a given and I'm excited for the prospect of ACH vs Kota Ibushi (even with the masks). At it's worst, I still believe this will be at least a solid match.

2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Baretta - I'm up in the air on this one. I wouldn't be disappointed with either time winning but this should be a pretty good match that'll be somewhere around ***1/4 at least.

3. NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title, Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay (c) vs. CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay & Jado) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japón (SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi) - I think this one is probably the most obvious prediction out of all the title matches. I'm disappointed that it's a gauntlet match instead of just a straight up four-way match but I think this match will be decent and wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being really good. LIJ has been so dominant in 2015 in 6-man tags that I can't see an outcome where they don't leave with the titles.

4. Special Singles Match: Cody vs. Juice Robinson - Most obvious pick of the night as far predicting the winner goes. Cody has been solid with his indy run (or at least what I have seen so far) but definitely isn't setting the world on fire. I think this will be a decent match at least with how good Juice is now, and, once again, I would be surprised if this match ends up being pretty good.

5. ROH World Title: Kyle O`Reilly (c) vs. Adam Colev - I have a feeling that KOR will be walking out the champ despite all the discussion of his contract situation. I won't be disappointed with Adam Cole walking out the champ either. If these guys get at least 10 minutes and a semi-invested crowd, this match will not disappoint.

6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano - I can't see a reason Ishii and Yano being added into the mix unless they are slated to win the tag team titles. Probably the match that I'm the least interested in with this show but I'm still excited.

7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi - I expect Takahashi to win this match with them probably going to have a pretty long rivalry. KUSHIDA is better at chasing the title, despite being a good champion as well, and I see more potential with the feud with him chasing and Takahashi being the arrogrant, asshole champion.

8. NEVER Openweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto - Another title match that I'm unsure of the winner. I'm thinking that Shibata would be the best decision between the two though. I'm expecting a **** match here though between these two.

9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - It makes the most sense for Naito to win this match here I think. This is also why I believe Elgin will win the rumble in the preshow so that he has more motivation to get his rematch for the Intercontinental Title against Naito at New Beginning/Invasion Attack. At worst, I see this match being ****1/4

10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega - Booking tells me that Okada is going to win but my heart is saying Omega. They have the chance to make a huge star of Omega with this match and I think they should strike while the iron is hot. I'm with Rich in saying that I think at worst, this match will be ****1/2

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:45 am

I'll do my prediction gimmick so I can look back on it.

Tiger Mask W
Young Bucks
LIJ
Cody
Cole
GBH
Takahashi
Shibata
Tanahashi
Omega

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:00 am

Alright, just like everyone

Elgin if returns, if he doesn't then uncle Nakanishi
Tiger Mask W
Y-B
LIJ
Cody
Cole
CHAOS
Hiromu
Shibata
Big Match Tana
I'd love Kenny to win and I think there is a chance, but I am going with Okada.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 am

Just as the night was about to take me...Hiromu nearly kills himself and KUSHDA and Hirooki Goto had to kill Katsuyori Shibata dead. RIP.

Business picked up and I've got my third wind. Blessed.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:38 pm

ALL.FIVE.

Fuck you if you disagree.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Junior Tag - ***3/4
KUSHIDA v. Takahashi - ****1/4 car crash
Shibata v. Goto - ****3/4
Naito v. Tanahashi - ****3/4
Okada v. Omega - ALL FIVE.

So...next year...they'll have an entire card of ****+ matches?

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Tiger Mask Match: **1/2
Jr. Tag: ***3/4
Gauntlet: ***1/2
Cody/Juice: ***1/4 (a really low one)
KOR/Cole: ***1/2 (I dug it even though Cole was by far the worse performer and the crowd was dead)
Tag-Title: ***-***1/2 (I need to rewatch)
KUSHIDA/Hiromu: ****1/2
Goto/Shibata: ****3/4
Naito/Tanahashi: ****3/4
Okada/Omega: *****

The Okada/Omega match is gonna be controversial for some. The first half was good but left some to be desired, but the second half was so wonderful and it had me jumping and shaking and I couldn't even even. If you judge matches as a sum of its parts and critique individual details, ****1/4 is probably gonna be your rating. If you judge matches as an experience and how it made you feel, ***** makes sense. I've not had this kind of reaction for a match in a good goddamn long time. It did need to be condensed, but as a 47 minute match I don't mind it.

Fun fact: Tonight's IWGP title match was the longest since March of 2005 when Shinsuke Nakamura and Satoshi Kojima (c) went to a 60-min draw.
Last edited by Jacob's Bawks on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 pm

I think that the main event is going to be divisive.

Speaking from a completely personal opinion, I find myself as an adult watching wrestling with a hyper critical lense as opposed to sheer enjoyment. By the end of Omega vs Okada all I could do was smile and laugh and freak out and think about how I am loving watching this completely lost in the spectacle like a little kid again. *****
Last edited by saviorofstrongstyle on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.