NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
K. Hare

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11

Post by K. Hare » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:45 pm

I figured it should get its own thread. Match listing stolen from the other thread.

0. New Japan Rumble:
1. TV Anime Special Match: Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Baretta
3. NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title, Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay (c) vs. SANDA, "King of Darkness" EVIL & BUSHI vs. Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale & Hangman Page
4. Special Singles Match: Cody vs. Juice Robinson
5. ROH World Title: Kyle O`Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole
6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
8. NEVER Openweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

Okada vs. Omega could be some all time shit.
Last edited by K. Hare on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dancecab

Re: Wrestling Kingdom 11

Post by dancecab » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm seriously hyped about this. I'm seriously debating between watching this live at 3am and attempting to go into work or just using one of my holidays on the 4th instead of between Christmas and New Years. Really really excited for Omega/Okada and Kushida/Kamitachi.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:01 pm

I'm travelling on the 4th and sadly won't be watching WK till I settle in my college hostel on the 8th or 9th.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Who is going to be Tiger Mask the Dark
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:38 pm

No matter what the hype for the show is, it's going to be like really awesome. I'm just over the moon that I was able to save enough money to see it live. Does anybody know of any other shows between 1/2-1/7 in Tokyo that are worth seeing(except new year's dash, because it's already sold out)? Also this year's card is very similar to the ones from last two years, when even the matches without that much hype have a huge chance of being really great for example shibata vs goto, cole vs o'reilly or tag matches. I wish njpw & noah didn't fall out, so we could see some noah guys like shiozaki, Marufuji or nakajima on the card. Anyway with or without them it's still going to be awesome. If Omega wins this might be like a beginning of a new era (I can't recall any gaijins winning in the main event on January 4th). Really interested in kushida vs hiromu match, because hiromu obviously has the talent to be the face of the junior division for a really long time, but I don't know, if it's the time to dethrone Kushida. I understand that now he went through most of the division, but at the same time they really never capitalized on some of the great potential matches like him vs taguchi, ricochet, finlay or romero.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Ok so I already know I can watch the show live on my njpwworld, ONLY FOR 999 YEN NOGAMI-SAN.

Really hyped for this. Nothing on this show should be worse than ***, and last final 4 matches have MOTYC potential, especially two main events obviously. The best thing is that we don't know the outcomes of almost ANY match. Ok, Cody is winning. What else? Who knows. It's unpredictable and I love it.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Pwinsider is also posting who Tiger Mask the Dark will be.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Interesting note from JR's blog:
The NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11 lineup has been released and it looks to be an excellent card that will ignite the Tokyo Dome on January 4. It was a big thrill for me to b able to travel to Tokyo and broadcast a WK event. I hope that that opportunity comes around again some day.

In the meantime, there will be a major announcement made on Tuesday from AXSTV regarding this year's WK11 event and their plans on covering it on @AXSTV.
They did drop Inside MMA this year to increase focus on live events, and if AXS is able to broadcast WrestleKingdom live, that'll be awesome.

Update from Dave, no go on the live broadcast.
Jim Ross will be on Wrestling Observer Live tomorrow making an announcement regarding New Japan Pro Wrestling. It will not be on PPV or a live broadcast of Tokyo Dome as the exclusive English language live show will be on New Japan World with Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino as announcers.
Last edited by TGD287 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murrr

Post by Murrr » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:14 pm

The highlight my wresting calendar, but I'm working through it this year. I'm sure it'll be a slow day at work too so staying off social media and avoiding spoilers is going to be tough, but I reckon I can pull it off.

There's not a single match I'm not looking forward to. If you'd told me a year or so ago that I'd be interested in a CJ Parker vs. Stardust match, I'd have probably slapped you in the mouth. Juice has had a helluva yeah and I'm interesting to see what Cody looks like through New Japan's lens.

Same goes for GBH vs. GOD. That would've been my last choice for the Dome tag title match, but goddamn that WTL finals match has me fired-up.

EvanDeadlySins

Post by EvanDeadlySins » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:30 pm

Would it be possible for the mods to alter the title? Not that it really matters, but it's bugging the perfectionist in me.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:34 pm

EvanDeadlySins wrote:Would it be possible for the mods to alter the title? Not that it really matters, but it's bugging the perfectionist in me.
I fixed it, whoops

King Of Indy Style

Re: Wrestle Kingdom 11

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:38 pm

If AXS were to air WK11 Live, or even on a delay on the 5th or something that'd be huge. Hell, I'd pay for it if they only managed to get traditional PPV like WK9

EvanDeadlySins

Post by EvanDeadlySins » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:31 am

We already know that WK11 is going to have more robust Japanese TV broadcasting than any NJPW show in recent memory.

TV Asahi (huge station, channel 5 in Japan) aired a 55-minute long edited version of WK10 on 1/5 last year from 1:30am-2:25. They're doing it again this year, but it'll go from 55m to 2 hours and 35 mins (12:15am-2:50).

A smaller satellite channel, CS Asahi 2 aired WK10 live last year, but only the last 2 1/2 hours. This year, they're airing the whole thing.

And if it's on AXS or pay-per-view in America too, it may be the most viewed Wrestle Kingdom of all time.

Speedy Bellerin

Post by Speedy Bellerin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:41 am

This has been my first year of watching NJPW on the regular so I'm very excited.

I've always watched bits of Wrestle Kingdom, mostly the main matches in the weeks after it airs. This will be the first time I've watched it with all the context and knowing who everyone is and what their deal is.

Obviously the prospects of Okada Vs Omega and Naito vs Tanahashi are mouth watering.

I'm really looking forward to Kushida vs Hiromu I desperately want them to have a legendary jr title feud that goes on for years.

My only dissapointment is no singles match for Ishii, I was hoping he'd give Cody a very special welcome but Juice deserves a singles match. Good for him.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:52 am

At least it isn't as bad as when they rewarded Ishii's insane 2013 G1 and follow up matches with... not even a spot on the 2014 show.