Mexico indies

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Chismo

Re: Mexico indies

Post by Chismo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:41 am

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:04 am

I thought Chairo II was kind of a letdown to be honest. Especially after all the waiting. I had it ranked as:

1. Atlantis/Caifan
2. 8 man opener (ridiculous trainwreck in the best way possible)
3. Navarro/Terry vs Traumas (too long)
4. Trios (fun)
5. Virus/Navarro (they didn't really... do... anything...)
6. Dalys/Keira (Dalys big time exposed as protected in CMLL style)
7. Casas/Cerebro (no idea why this only went 5 mins but a total bummer)

Chairo III on the otherhand has been a total blast so far. I've only seen 3 matches out of 8 but everything tops anything from Chairo II with both Horus/Lee & the 8 man being MOTYC's in very different ways.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Yeah Casas and Cerebro going 5 minutes was super disappointing. I enjoyed the show as a whole though. The 8 man tag was fucking wild.

Quentin Moody

Mexico indies

Post by Quentin Moody » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:22 am

Thoughts on some matches from the 2/28 show that got uploaded

- Really enjoyed Xtreme Tiger vs Dragon Lee. May be the high man, but I think it was only a little bit below the Lee/Horus match from Lucha Memes.

- Super Crazy vs Felino was actually very solid. Doesn't over stay it's welcome and seeing Crazy take these ridiculous bumps in 2016 will never not pop me.

- Casas/Blue Panther vs Solar/Terry...bleh. Didn't like this at all. Just nothing I thought was good here.

JML

Mexico indies

Post by JML » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:59 am

Nice that Mas Lucha is uploading these matches.

Are we gonna consider ELITE an Indy until they actually debut on TV? They have more TV attractions than DTU, IWRG and the Leyendas shows where the old guys wrestle.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:13 am

Elite's TV deal is bigger and probably better than all CMLL programs combined. So yeah, not an indie anymore in that sense, but it's hard to call yourself a proper promotion when your entire roster is 50% CMLL guys and 50% indie guys.

JML

Post by JML » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:30 pm

Here is Ultimo Guerrero vs Hechicero from yesterday's Lucha Memes show.

Good match with an insane spot in the middle.

Rah

Post by Rah » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Any idea if Hechicero/Cerebro will be found in full, anywhere? I usually mesh together the Estrellas del Ring and RUDO VISION recordings to get a full match but neither have the start. Slightly annoying, because it's a pairing I'd love to see.

JML

Post by JML » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Haven't seen it in full yet. Don't know if Black Terry Jr shot that match either.

JML

Post by JML » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:56 pm

Ultimo Guerrero vs Satanico from the latest Caralucha show.

Is it me or UG having a good year?

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:25 pm

Yeah I have started to notice that too. He just seems to have so much fun wrestling right now. Maybe losing his mask has lifted some pressure from him and now he just goes out there with a more relaxed athmosphere.

As for other Mexico Indie stuff I am waiting for that Hechicero/Casas match to surface online as that has been said to be excellent, which given the guys involved isn't much of a surprise.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

TKD

Post by TKD » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:08 am

van Fair wrote:Yeah I have started to notice that too. He just seems to have so much fun wrestling right now. Maybe losing his mask has lifted some pressure from him and now he just goes out there with a more relaxed athmosphere.
Último Guerrero used to be notorious for having a bingo card of moves to run through, and he's been doing a lot less of that. I don't know what caused that; maybe getting to do more indie matches in different environments and different opponents had something to do with it.

I had completely forgotten that this was coming up until it was announced, but CaraLucha's second anniversary is May 21. They've announced Máscara Dorada and Flamita already for the show. When CaraLucha announces luchadors separately but not matches in advance of the full card, they're usually not fooling around and those are the main-event guys. So... yeah, full card coming next week, but I would be very surprised if Máscara Dorada and Flamita aren't both part of the main event. There *might* be other guys in it too, but I'm guessing singles match.

TKD

Post by TKD » Thu May 05, 2016 8:34 pm

This CaraLucha anniversary card is hot fire.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Thu May 05, 2016 9:06 pm

For some reason that Terry/Caveman tag has my juices flowing better than Flamita/Dorada. :p I hope Flamita vs. Cavernario happens some time this year, it'd be god-tier.

TKD

Post by TKD » Thu May 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Chismo wrote:For some reason that Terry/Caveman tag has my juices flowing better than Flamita/Dorada.
That should be a great match too. Not too familiar with Fiero (and the sorpresa) in the first match, but the rest of the card looks pretty strong top to bottom.