Breaking News: NOAH acquired by Japanese IT Firm

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Irving

Re: Breaking News: NOAH acquired by Japanese IT Firm

Post by Irving » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:13 am

Danwaka wrote:
PKThree wrote:Yeah. It was Shiraishi who footed the bills, not Uchida. Since Uchida worked for Shiraishi at the time. Uchida never outright owned the company. He was just the executive in charge for Shiraishi until Shiraishi decided he wanted to do it himself.
What I sort of mean is, if Shiraishi could have done the Burning recruitment himself given that he was the money man and NJPW was unlikely to sign them up. It's not a great mark on Uchida that he pulled off the obvious signing.
Nakajima helpt train Kento for Sasaki and bullied him real bad, basically treated him like shit for years until Kento eventually said screw it and left.
Mhm. Could be good for a match, that. Wouldn't mind seeing Kento and Katsuhiko brutalize each other ala Shibata-Shiozaki.
Shiraishi provided the money but you can trace negotiations back to 2010 when Akiyama won the TC. He was going to jump but Uchida needed the money to take care of Akiyama's boys. Shiraishi didn't negotiate anything that was all Uchida's doing.

pol

Post by pol » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Dragonzombie wrote:
pol wrote:I'm curious, what are the more inside/rumor-mongering Japanese sites? I only know the ones like DX and Tokyo Sports that seem to be mostly in the pocket of the promotions.
Kakutolog, Black teasure island mag is good for business insider stuff. Also my sources help me, but I don't leak them.
Thanks! There a link for that second one? Or a name in Japanese?

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:08 am

You know that NOAH burned the bridge with Njpw I really hope that they start some new (or make more of the Old) relationships, because else they would need to get rid of almost all tournaments. Right now they have probably like 7 juniors (kotoge, harada, ishimori, kumano, ogawa, kenou, ohara) and maybe 10 hw (nakajima, shiozaki, Marufuji, yone, sugiura, Storm, taniguchi, Kitamiya, kiyomiya, saito). I really don't know if there is anybody else on this roster. I think that a few pages ago somebody asked why would AJPW want to work with Njpw and the reason is simple. Miyahara is running out of contenders and there is an obvious story between him and Shiozaki. They can do the match for tc in aj and then miyahara and lee could come to noah to challenge for ghc tag titles. I don't think there is any Heat between go and kento so why not? Also if they would be more willing to bring gaijins, they could start relationships with tna and evolve. Edwards could be the one to break the deal with tna since he came out of noah dojo. This could them get guys like trevor, everett for the junior league and moose for hw league. For evolve they could always use the argument of seasoning so the future wwe guys could learn how to perform in diffrent markets.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:35 pm

Black treasure island is magazine only. The site only mentions what is going to be in it. They're notable for breaking info about business and companies debts problems and hires.

Elloziam, as for teaming up with Ajpw, if they do, Go isn't the big dog in Noah. Fans don't like really like him there either. Kento vs Nakajima is the main appeal for fans.

Another thing is teaming up with other promotions that exist overseas is costly. Currently the smaller feds in general with the exception of Njpw have cut down or dropped doing this. Less expenses are wasted.

It should be noted that even when Noah got sold , it wasn't by a company on bushi-roads level. Their capital is the same as Noah.

They got sold to remove debts, and close down the old Noah ltd. It was noted they wanted to get out of bankruptcy and debt even before it was reported as sold. They haven't really made a profit since the late 00's.

Reported in treasure island mag that is.

pol

Post by pol » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:27 pm

You're talking about 別冊宝島プロレス?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:36 pm

The few gaijin who are brought over by the non NJPW feds are guys like Kaasa, Doering and Bailey. Guys who are willing to be flown over and then stay there for a longer stretch, rather than flown back and forth like NJPW tends to do now with their gaijin names of value.

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:39 pm

Dragonzombie wrote:Black treasure island is magazine only. The site only mentions what is going to be in it. They're notable for breaking info about business and companies debts problems and hires.

Elloziam, as for teaming up with Ajpw, if they do, Go isn't the big dog in Noah. Fans don't like really like him there either. Kento vs Nakajima is the main appeal for fans.

Another thing is teaming up with other promotions that exist overseas is costly. Currently the smaller feds in general with the exception of Njpw have cut down or dropped doing this. Less expenses are wasted.

It should be noted that even when Noah got sold , it wasn't by a company on bushi-roads level. Their capital is the same as Noah.

They got sold to remove debts, and close down the old Noah ltd. It was noted they wanted to get out of bankruptcy and debt even before it was reported as sold. They haven't really made a profit since the late 00's.

I gotta agree with fans not really liking Go, and that's why I would love him to go full heel in AJPW during this feud. The fans really want to boo him and each time they do it he's been having so great matches (with okabayashi vs hino & sekimoto, njpw vs noah matches, with maru vs sugiura & suzuki). He's got such a heel backstory. For example for Miyahara feud. They jumped the ship together, because they wanted to stand for something and when AJPW was at its lowest he just left them, while Kento stayed and rebulid it (at least a bit). Also if they would do this in NOAH it could gain him some sympathy from NOAH fans, because he can say stuff like NOAH is my true home blablabla I was lost, but I admitted it blabla I won't stand for another outsider trying to take our gold away. Also I recently watched their match from Korakuen in March 2015 and it was awesome, so I really would like to see a rematch between them :D .

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:12 pm

Any news about Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer?
Who's Rob Viper ?

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:31 pm

elloziom wrote:
Dragonzombie wrote:Black treasure island is magazine only. The site only mentions what is going to be in it. They're notable for breaking info about business and companies debts problems and hires.

I gotta agree with fans not really liking Go, and that's why I would love him to go full heel in AJPW during this feud. The fans really want to boo him and each time they do it he's been having so great matches (with okabayashi vs hino & sekimoto, njpw vs noah matches, with maru vs sugiura & suzuki). He's got such a heel backstory. For example for Miyahara feud. They jumped the ship together, because they wanted to stand for something and when AJPW was at its lowest he just left them, while Kento stayed and rebulid it (at least a bit). Also if they would do this in NOAH it could gain him some sympathy from NOAH fans, because he can say stuff like NOAH is my true home blablabla I was lost, but I admitted it blabla I won't stand for another outsider trying to take our gold away. Also I recently watched their match from Korakuen in March 2015 and it was awesome, so I really would like to see a rematch between them :D .
Would be nice for Next Sumo hall show.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:Any news about Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer?
7 of Suzuki Gun members hinted to be showing up elsewhere. Thats including Kanemaru.