Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:17 am

It's a shame Verzerk had to kayfabe.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:44 am

Joe Lanza wrote:It's a shame Verzerk had to kayfabe.
Hey Joe, does Dragon Gate own the rights to Dragon Gate UK and Dragon Gate USA's libraries?

Niall

Post by Niall » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:31 pm

The Twin Gate match was by far the best match on the show

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:39 pm

3 minutes into the main event: fuck everyone who doesn't think Shingo is the best heel in wrestling today. They should all get a Pumping Bomber for that.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Danwaka wrote:
Hey Joe, does Dragon Gate own the rights to Dragon Gate UK and Dragon Gate USA's libraries?
I am 99% certain that they do not.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:01 pm

I loved yesterday's show. Undercard matches were pretty fun, I was doing other stuff while it was going on so I didn't pay that much attention.

The real business started with Eita/Flamita, which was an awesome match as expected. Great action and fast pace, I wish they got 4-5 minutes more, because this could be a real classic. But it was great anyway, and the right man won. ****.

The trios clusterfuck was just this, a giant clusterfuck. Mochizuki was the star of the match, this guy is a fucking freak of nature. Loved the moment with Kotoka's run-in, and the ending was really cool. DG's multi man matches never fail to deliver and this was another very good, borderline great match. *** 1/2.

Twin Gate title match might have very well been my favorite match since what, G1? I mean, it was that damn good. My only complaint was Kid's selling - Jimmyz work his leg for 4 minutes, and then just a minute after that he does the Rana to the outside. But he sold it later though so it's a minor issue. It started pretty slow and it wasn't a total spotfest and rather a great, DG main event style match. Last few minutes were just absolutely insane. MOTY candidate for me. I wish Jimmyz got a longer run but I am not going to complain since I love both Kid and CIMA. And I have no problem with CIMA being the Twin Gate champ. **** 3/4.

The main event was, as expected, absolutely phenomenal. There were so many little stories (Shingo-Tozawa, Yoshino-Doi, Shingo bullying Hulk and Yamato, Yamato and Doi), so much drama, such a great atmosphere, and of course - fantastic wrestling. Shingo is such an excellent heel. Fuck the Miz and Revival, he is the best heel in wrestling today and it's not even close. The way he bullied Hulk and Yamato, the way he treated Tozawa, my God, he is so awesome. And then after the match he gave him a Pumping Bomber. That's how you book a top heel.

As I said, there were so many little stories in this match, and storytelling is what I appreciate in wrestling the most. Last 1/3 of the match was just an insanity, unbelievable pace. This was one of my favorite matches of the year before it even started and well, nothing changed after I watched it. This fucking ruled. **** 3/4.

The post-match was very emotional. Not on the level I expected it to be, but still, this was something.

Two MOTY contenders, a great Brave Gate title match, almost great Triangle Gate match, and good prelim tags. This is not a top tier show of the year contender, but it will make my top 15 for sure.

Arigato for everything Tozawa San!

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Danwaka wrote:
I am 99% certain that they do not.

Hey Joe, I don't know which forum to post this in but have you seen NOSAWA PRODUCE NOSAWA BOM BA YE 5 ?

Here's the card : NOSAWA Produce: NOSAWA BOM-BA-YE 5 (7/25/09).
1.Bret Kikuhart vs. Shawn Antonio Honda Michaels
2.Makoto Hashi vs. Shigehiro Irie
3.KONAMY vs. DINASTIA
4.Hikaru Sato vs. Yuta Yoshikawa
5.Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu vs. Yasu Kubota & Hide Kubota vs. Mio Shirai & Io Shirai
6.Super Crazy vs. Ultimo Dragon vs. Great Sasuke
7.Lioness Takayama & Minoru Nagayo vs. Dump Kiku & Bull Sakai - 2-of-3 Falls Match
8.NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA, & Minoru Fujita vs. CIMA, Gamma, & KAGETORA

You are not mistaken. That's Minoru Suzuki and Yoshihiro Takayama dressed as Crush Gals beating the shit out of Kikutaro and Muscle Sakai dressed as Dump Matsumoto "Kiku" and Bull Nakano "sakai".
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:56 am

An excellent show. Went by like a breeze. Twin Gate was my MOTN but for sentimental reasons I liked Tozawa's graduation match more.
Takagi Shingo is the best heel in wrestling today. Just a complete dick. I really wanted him to break kayfabe but he's the best at what he does.
The little stories in the main event like the DoiYoshi tag moves, Doi-YAMATO,Tozawa-Shingo,Hulk-Yoshino were amazing. It's great how consistent they are with their storytelling. It makes the investment in the product so worth it.
The Brave gate match was very really good. Eita looked awesome in it although I thought Flamita wasn't at his best in that match.
The graduation ceremony and the opening promo video were awesome and very emotional.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Tonight's show is a mystery. Cars will be announced at bell time. They're calling it Brand New Gate. Expect wackiness, especially during a ~UNIT SHUFFLE~

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Really fun show this morning. Loved seeing Futa/Shun/Hyou get new gimmicks. Main event was awesome. Pumped for YAMATO/Doi.

And DOI DARTS!!! Can't wait.

Also, people hating CIMA for squashing Mondai Ryu is high comedy. People hating CIMA in general is just kinda sad.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:22 pm

strikamura wrote:Really fun show this morning. Loved seeing Futa/Shun/Hyou get new gimmicks. Main event was awesome. Pumped for YAMATO/Doi.

And DOI DARTS!!! Can't wait.

Also, people hating CIMA for squashing Mondai Ryu is high comedy. People hating CIMA in general is just kinda sad.
There is still no translation on iheartdg, so could you explain why Doi Darts is happening again? And YAMATO/Doi is happening? When?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:
There is still no translation on iheartdg, so could you explain why Doi Darts is happening again? And YAMATO/Doi is happening? When?
Fairly certain Doi vs Yamato happens on one of the December Korakuen

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:51 pm

YAMATO/Doi is happening the second Korakuen in December
I'm no idea how long Futa/Shun/Hyou have been training or doing NEX shows etc as I don't follow that stuff very closely, but I'm surprised to see them getting new gimmicks and names this quickly, specifically in Futa Nakamura's case. The guy is clearly being prepped to be a big star further down the line, but he still has a lot of the signs of being green in the ring

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:57 am

:twisted:
Dreamboat wrote:YAMATO/Doi is happening the second Korakuen in December
I'm no idea how long Futa/Shun/Hyou have been training or doing NEX shows etc as I don't follow that stuff very closely, but I'm surprised to see them getting new gimmicks and names this quickly, specifically in Futa Nakamura's case. The guy is clearly being prepped to be a big star further down the line, but he still has a lot of the signs of being green in the ring
YAMADoi will more likely be Final Gate as the last korakuen will host Doi Darts
Call me leon

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:26 am

Headlock wrote:YAMADoi will more likely be Final Gate as the last korakuen will host Doi Darts
Yeah I misread iheartDG, you're more than likely right