Page 52 of 79

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:22 am
by Headlock
Angry216 wrote:Kotoka's character is meant to be a joke, so he doesn't doubt. And Millenials were a weird tweener leaning face unit.

REAL HAZARD YAMATO was a clear cut, cocky, masochistic heel. Tozawa was a clear cut, arrogant, disrespectful, tyrannical heel. Plus, the company had big plans for Tozawa and YAMATO, like they do with Linda. So we haven't had a youngster heel that's clearly being groomed for the top since Tozawa.
TBF You said "cocky youngsters" Not heEl cocky youngsters, so the Millenials definetly count

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:24 am
by Headlock
Headlock wrote:
Angry216 wrote:Kotoka's character is meant to be a joke, so he doesn't doubt. And Millenials were a weird tweener leaning face unit.

REAL HAZARD YAMATO was a clear cut, cocky, masochistic heel. Tozawa was a clear cut, arrogant, disrespectful, tyrannical heel. Plus, the company had big plans for Tozawa and YAMATO, like they do with Linda. So we haven't had a youngster heel that's clearly being groomed for the top since Tozawa.
TBF You said "cocky youngsters" Not heEl cocky youngsters, so the Millenials definetly count
And even then You Arena forgetting Nokia Tanisaki in MB

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:05 pm
by Angry216
Eh T-Hawk wasn't cocky per say. The character was an impersonation but once he got out of that, he was this chopping, stone faced menace that was imposing.

Point I'm making is out of the Big R/T-Hawk/Eita/Yosuke/Linda five, I think one should be a heel. It would add a new wrinkle and I don't want all of them to be faces. Linda has the promo skills to be a cocky dickhead, since we already know that he's q prodigy on the mic.

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:00 am
by Empiresk
Angry216 wrote:Kotoka's character is meant to be a joke, so he doesn't doubt.
Don't talk shit about Kotoka. Speaking of Kotoka, anyone know when he is due back?

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:51 pm
by wac
What matches should I watch from the 9/10 tag league finals?

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:32 pm
by Rich Kraetsch
Who's seen Dangerous Gate? What'd you think? I'm hoping to catch it later today.

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:03 am
by wac
wac wrote:What matches should I watch from the 9/10 tag league finals?
Okay I haven't finished the show yet but I highly recommend the Hulk/Flamita/YAMATO vs. Tozawa/Kaasa/Yoshino match. The Flamita/Yoshino sequences were beautiful.

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:20 pm
by Empiresk
Just finished Dangerous Gate. Not the greatest show but I still enjoyed and it sets up some potentially cool story lines.
► Show Spoiler
I thought Kategora was the MVP of the show and has been sensational since coming back from injury. Amazed at how good he has been when you consider how sluggish Hulk has looked in a relatively similar time span.

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:10 am
by rollup
Well , DG only allows one heel Unit each time so it will be interesting how the Lindaman and Hawkman stories play out

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:12 pm
by Angry216
Exactly. I could see those two being packaged in VerserK with Doi leaving....which would mean a SpeedMuscle reunion, which is no bueno for me.

But with that said, Doi's doing the whole "Mr. twin gate" thing and he and Yoshino co-founded the Twin gate. I may groan at it, but if there was a time to do it under these circumstances, this would be it.

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:20 am
by Dreamboat
Just finished watching Dangerous Gate, really solid show. The main event didn't really peak like I was hoping it would but it was still a good match. Favourite match of the show was probably the Twin Gate match, I will watch Shingo do anything
Empiresk wrote:I thought Kategora was the MVP of the show and has been sensational since coming back from injury. Amazed at how good he has been when you consider how sluggish Hulk has looked in a relatively similar time span.
Agreed, he's looked great in every match I've seen him in

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:16 pm
by monster mafia
Akira Tozawa has officially announced that he will graduate Dragongate. His last match will be on Nov 3rd at Osaka Edion Arena.

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:46 pm
by Tigerkinney
monster mafia wrote:Akira Tozawa has officially announced that he will graduate Dragongate. His last match will be on Nov 3rd at Osaka Edion Arena.
Excellent news I should still get to see Tozawa perform in Korakuen Hall on Thursday! Desperately waiting to know the whole card for that Korakuen Show. All I know so far is that I'll be in attendance for El Lindaman vs Punch Tominaga :)

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:42 am
by ayaashm
I had Twin Gate as MOTN at 4 1/4, the ending stretch was absolutely amazing. Kagetora is the MVP of the show for me as well.
The main event was emotionally charged. Really good but I thought they could've gone into another gear at the end but I still loved it.

Re: Dragon Gate

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:40 pm
by Tigerkinney
For personal reason's I'm a bit bummed that Hakata Star Lanes is getting the up-coming Twin Gate match between Susumu & Kagetora vs Eita & Dragon Kid and not the Korakuen show I'll be going to. That would have been a great match to see live.

Korakuen card doesn't look all that special on paper (two multi man tags on top) but I've got to take what I can get. I'm getting to see a DG show in Korakuen Hall and Dragon Gate 6/8 men tags are usually great anyway. I was just hoping to see something a bit more meaningful-as in any kind of title match.