Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Angry216

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Angry216 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:02 am

Linda as a heel would be interesting. Haven't had a cocky youngster since, what, Tozawa in Blood Warriors? It would be cool to see.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:21 am

wonder if lindaman is going to come out with a valet each time to spite Maria

roundhousekiss

Post by roundhousekiss » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Full DANGEROUS GATE card for 9/22 (source: iheartdg.com)

0. Shachihoko BOY vs. Mondai Ryu
1. Don Fujii, El Lindaman, Futa Nakamura, Shun Watanabe vs. Gamma, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida, Hyou Watanabe
2. Cyber Kong vs. Jimmy K-ness J.K.S.
3. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Eita vs. brother YASSHI
4. Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Jimmy Kanda vs. BxB Hulk, Kzy, Yosuke♡Santa Maria
5. Ota City Special 8 Man Tag Match: Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk, Big R Shimizu, Peter Kaasa vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki, Flamita
6. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Naruki Doi, Shingo Takagi
7. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: YAMATO vs. Akira Tozawa

As predicted, the Triangle Gate title match has been added to the show.

The main event will likely be Tozawa's last match in Dragon Gate, unless he stays until the 9/29 Korakuen but that sounds like it would conflict with the WWE schedule, so... get ready to say goodbye.

roundhousekiss

Post by roundhousekiss » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Angry216 wrote:Linda as a heel would be interesting. Haven't had a cocky youngster since, what, Tozawa in Blood Warriors? It would be cool to see.
Let's just hope he doesn't try to grow a godawful goatee :p

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:46 pm

He'll probably dye his hair dark and give himself the mascara around the eyes look.

roundhousekiss

Post by roundhousekiss » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Angry216 wrote:He'll probably dye his hair dark and give himself the mascara around the eyes look.

would be very into that actually

wac

Post by wac » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:00 pm

roundhousekiss wrote:Full DANGEROUS GATE card for 9/22 (source: iheartdg.com)

0. Shachihoko BOY vs. Mondai Ryu
1. Don Fujii, El Lindaman, Futa Nakamura, Shun Watanabe vs. Gamma, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida, Hyou Watanabe
2. Cyber Kong vs. Jimmy K-ness J.K.S.
3. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Eita vs. brother YASSHI
4. Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Jimmy Kanda vs. BxB Hulk, Kzy, Yosuke♡Santa Maria
5. Ota City Special 8 Man Tag Match: Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk, Big R Shimizu, Peter Kaasa vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki, Flamita
6. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Naruki Doi, Shingo Takagi
7. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: YAMATO vs. Akira Tozawa

As predicted, the Triangle Gate title match has been added to the show.

The main event will likely be Tozawa's last match in Dragon Gate, unless he stays until the 9/29 Korakuen but that sounds like it would conflict with the WWE schedule, so... get ready to say goodbye.
That's a great card, should be a hell of a Twin Gate match.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Dangerous Gate is all-business. Super excited for that card and especially the Ota Ward 8-man special. I will more than likely cry at Tozawa's farewell.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:12 pm

That 8 man tag.. holy shit, that's going to be awesome. Uhaa's farewell was very emotional and Tozawa is like 1000000x more important, so just like Case, I will probably shed some tears too. It's going to be an amazing show.

This, NJ Dest in Hiroshima and BJW in Korakuen, all in one day, on F'N THURSDAY, when I can't watch any of those shows for like 10 hours after it ends.

roundhousekiss

Post by roundhousekiss » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:40 pm

InYourCase wrote:Dangerous Gate is all-business. Super excited for that card and especially the Ota Ward 8-man special. I will more than likely cry at Tozawa's farewell.

Will be here day-drinking to ease the pain. Bring it on. (Please don't bring it on I'm already crying).

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:56 pm

tozawa men...

fuck..

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:59 pm

I've been catching up on Dragon Gate over the past two weeks. I was really into DG for a number of years but then just seemed to lose track with keeping up with it. However I'm in Japan at the end of the month and will be going to the Korakuen Hall show on 9/29 (Really hoping now that Tozawa can hold off his farewell until then) .

Anyway the fact I'll actually be at a Dragon Gate show, gave me the incentive to get back into DG, and I'm really glad I did. I might not be able to keep up with every show but I'm going to keep up with DG a lot more regularly again. I'm especially pleased to see YAMATO as Dream Gate champ again, and I'm hoping he has a long reign with the belt. He's not the flashiest (though I would say he's gradually added a little more sizzle to his move-set over the years) but he's got that magnetism that really draws you into all of his matches.

wac

Post by wac » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:39 am

The 8/14 show was pretty damn good. Dragon Kid/Eita vs. Tozawa/Big R was awesome, and the Shingo/Cyber Kong vs. Hulk/YAMATO match was also good. I wish more of the tag league made tape.

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:14 am

Angry216 wrote:Linda as a heel would be interesting. Haven't had a cocky youngster since, what, Tozawa in Blood Warriors? It would be cool to see.
T-Hawk and Eita at the beginning of the Millenials, Kzy in MB and to some Degree Kotoka in VerserK
Call me leon

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Kotoka's character is meant to be a joke, so he doesn't doubt. And Millenials were a weird tweener leaning face unit.

REAL HAZARD YAMATO was a clear cut, cocky, masochistic heel. Tozawa was a clear cut, arrogant, disrespectful, tyrannical heel. Plus, the company had big plans for Tozawa and YAMATO, like they do with Linda. So we haven't had a youngster heel that's clearly being groomed for the top since Tozawa.