Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Angry216
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Angry216 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 am

Big Match Ryo is still a thing.

User avatar
rollup
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:02 am
Location: Asia

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by rollup » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:59 pm

surreal to see ultimo dragon in a dragongate ring

Angry216
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Angry216 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Never thought I would ever see Ultimo in a DG ring while CIMA is gone. 2019, y'all.


Anywho, I LOVED Ben-K vs Kzy. I was thinking about this after the match but I don't think there's been one time that Ben has failed to deliver in a big spot. That's super impressive considering he's only been wrestling for three years. He's so good and keeps delivering.

I was kinda worried about KAI/Eita but I thought it was good. Always like when Eita breaks out the Biblia. I still don't like heel Eita in the ring but he's found his groove as the main heel. I'm curious to see how he and Ben do in the KING OF GATE Finals. We're getting a first time winner, too.

I said this on Twitter but Okuda is WILD. I love how wild his strikes are and he looked like he was trying to murder Yoshioka. Really liked his interactions with Mochi and their singles match next month in Korakuen should be great.

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Behind a bit, but the Infinity covering the first night of KoG was fantastic.

User avatar
PrivateRadio87
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:16 am

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by PrivateRadio87 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 pm

These last two KoG final shows have been kinda spotty, but Susumu v. Jason Lee was good as hell. Jason Lee's long been my favorite pin-eater in the game and Susumu's last five or six singles matches, all fire. Eagerly awaiting the IHeartDG translation of the end of this last show though, tell ya what.
Twitter: @FatmansAlright
Grappl: @PrivateRadio87
More thoughts on an often thoughtless medium: Writing Spirit Unleashed

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 pm

PrivateRadio87 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 pm
These last two KoG final shows have been kinda spotty, but Susumu v. Jason Lee was good as hell. Jason Lee's long been my favorite pin-eater in the game and Susumu's last five or six singles matches, all fire. Eagerly awaiting the IHeartDG translation of the end of this last show though, tell ya what.
This match did indeed rule.

User avatar
jcmyers89
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by jcmyers89 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm trying to get into Dragon Gate more, but find the streaming swrgice very confusing. Why are the shows called Infinity on there? Some clarification on gow to navigate and search for stuff would be greatly appreciated if any one could help?

User avatar
InYourCase
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Lanza's Dojo
Contact:

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by InYourCase » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:43 pm

jcmyers89 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:50 pm
I'm trying to get into Dragon Gate more, but find the streaming swrgice very confusing. Why are the shows called Infinity on there? Some clarification on gow to navigate and search for stuff would be greatly appreciated if any one could help?
Infinity is Dragon Gate's version of TV. If something is labeled Infinity, you want to watch it. Those are the big matches, big angles, big names, etc.

The DGNetwork is incredibly confusing. Basically, if a show airs live, you have a week to watch the full, unedited version of the show. After a week, the show goes away for some time (typically a month), then is reuploaded in the Infinity format, which is two airs. So undercard matches might be clipped. There will be a lot more inset promos than the live shows.

There's also a series on the Network called Prime Zone. That's a studio wrestling show that follows its own canon. These shows very rarely feature great wrestling, but are often very fun to watch.

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:03 am

jcmyers89 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:50 pm
I'm trying to get into Dragon Gate more, but find the streaming swrgice very confusing. Why are the shows called Infinity on there? Some clarification on gow to navigate and search for stuff would be greatly appreciated if any one could help?
I will echo what Case said. Infinity is must watch. It's formatted like a TV show, and some stuff will be clipped, but it's so well produced that even without knowing a word of Japanese you will have a basic understanding of what is going on. For many years before full shows were the norm, fans followed DG through Infinity, and back then in was a one hour show.

User avatar
InYourCase
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Lanza's Dojo
Contact:

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by InYourCase » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:03 am
jcmyers89 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:50 pm
I'm trying to get into Dragon Gate more, but find the streaming swrgice very confusing. Why are the shows called Infinity on there? Some clarification on gow to navigate and search for stuff would be greatly appreciated if any one could help?
I will echo what Case said. Infinity is must watch. It's formatted like a TV show, and some stuff will be clipped, but it's so well produced that even without knowing a word of Japanese you will have a basic understanding of what is going on. For many years before full shows were the norm, fans followed DG through Infinity, and back then in was a one hour show.
Are you back to counting Infinity as one of the best TV shows in wrestling now that it's clipped down?

User avatar
strikamura
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by strikamura » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Anyone know what's up with iHeartDG? It's been down for at least a few days (as far as I know) and now it appears that Jae's Twitter account is gone too.

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 am

strikamura wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 pm
Anyone know what's up with iHeartDG? It's been down for at least a few days (as far as I know) and now it appears that Jae's Twitter account is gone too.
Word is he lost interest and shut down.

User avatar
PrivateRadio87
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:16 am

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by PrivateRadio87 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 am
strikamura wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 pm
Anyone know what's up with iHeartDG? It's been down for at least a few days (as far as I know) and now it appears that Jae's Twitter account is gone too.
Word is he lost interest and shut down.
Man, that might be the scenario I was most afraid of. Really hoping all those results find a home somewhere. They're a tremendous resource. I'm actually in the middle of watching back through the last five years and it gets a little tricky without 'em.

Also, does this mean Jae no longer works for DG?
Twitter: @FatmansAlright
Grappl: @PrivateRadio87
More thoughts on an often thoughtless medium: Writing Spirit Unleashed

User avatar
jcmyers89
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by jcmyers89 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Thank guys.

User avatar
Foresite
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Foresite » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:05 am

He really does deserve some kind of award

Post Reply