Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
User avatar
dancecab
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:46 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by dancecab » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 pm

I gotta say 2 matches in and I'm all in on this PAC title reign. I thought the match with Yoshino to win the belt was great, but fucking loved the match with KZY. I might be biased since KZY is my dude, and has been since Tozawa left, but I went ****3/4 on that shit. I was screaming in my apartment which suprised me since Single Cam and No Commentary matches usually struggle to keep my attention. IT was so fucking great. I really hope this is the Kobe World Main Event.

User avatar
Ckkj14
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Anyone got a link to the PAC match?

User avatar
monster mafia
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:50 am

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by monster mafia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Ckkj14 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm
Anyone got a link to the PAC match?

User avatar
Ckkj14
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Ckkj14 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm

monster mafia wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:10 pm
Ckkj14 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm
Anyone got a link to the PAC match?

Great match! Went ****1/2. First 10 minutes were pretty slow but built up nicely and some of the moves were incredible

User avatar
Starshine
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Starshine » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:09 am

R.E.D.'s theme (Delight Extra Realize) is now on iTunes. The current one, not the one Defiant uploaded as PAC's theme on Youtube.
Your signature here.

Angry216
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Angry216 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:55 pm

I prefer the first version.

User avatar
Ckkj14
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:08 am

Anyone got a link to PACs match please?

User avatar
Starshine
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Starshine » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 am

This years Dead or Alive cage match seems pretty convoluted. I like the general idea behind it, but I'm not big on the execution.

So the only risk involved is for any of the currently cohesive units, because they may be forced to lose a valued member. But say if Eita, for example is in the match, whether he grabs a flag or not, there's no risk for him. Because theoretically he's motivated to kick one of Big Ben out either way. But then that raises the question, why not just kick them out now? There's nothing stopping him.

I feel like the risk should be the one who doesn't grab the flag either is kicked out himself, or has his unit disbanded. The current setup just seems confused and doesn't really go along with the typical 'risk vs. reward' mentality of the match. Here whatever risk or reward is up for grabs is solely dependent on the participants relationship with their team. It's not an either/or setup, the risk negates any reward the match offers, and vice versa.
Your signature here.

Angry216
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Angry216 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Starshine wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 am
This years Dead or Alive cage match seems pretty convoluted. I like the general idea behind it, but I'm not big on the execution.

So the only risk involved is for any of the currently cohesive units, because they may be forced to lose a valued member. But say if Eita, for example is in the match, whether he grabs a flag or not, there's no risk for him. Because theoretically he's motivated to kick one of Big Ben out either way. But then that raises the question, why not just kick them out now? There's nothing stopping him.

I feel like the risk should be the one who doesn't grab the flag either is kicked out himself, or has his unit disbanded. The current setup just seems confused and doesn't really go along with the typical 'risk vs. reward' mentality of the match. Here whatever risk or reward is up for grabs is solely dependent on the participants relationship with their team. It's not an either/or setup, the risk negates any reward the match offers, and vice versa.
This confused me for the last week. Not your post, but the rules itself. I agree with you that on the surface, it's cool. But it falls apart if someone like Eita or Doi enter, since they want to kick out someone respectively. They could just tank the match so they're forced to kick out someone.

For units like Tribe and Natural Vibes, the stakes are high. Both have no strife and want to preserve the peace in their unit. YAMATO mentioned how three years ago, Maria and Hulk saved him while he was still in Verserk and he wants to keep Tribe strong until Hulk comes back. Kzy wants to do the same. For them, if they're the last man standing, they would have to kick out someone. And then that would bring up the question; based off what? Who's the weakest? Stuff like that is what they want to avoid like the plague. So the stakes for them are clear.

Even for Mochizuki Dojo. Though Jae's been kicking the idea of one of them surviving and then kicking out Mochi because they don't need him anymore. That would be dope.

Here's something I wonder. Ben-K. Say Shun is the MD rep and survives and kicks out Mochi and Ben is the Verserk rep and is the last one standing. What if he kicks himself out of R.E.D and joins up with his peers and start a New Hazard-esue unit? I would be down with that. Plus too, since turning heel, he hasn't said one word. I wonder if they're saving that moment for the cage. Would be cool.

User avatar
Empiresk
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Empiresk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:18 pm

I am trying to find some of the 2019 Korakuen/Infinity re-uploads on the network but can't find any of them at all. 2018 finishes on episode 499 but can't find anything else past that at all.

Can anyone else point me in the right direction if I am being dense...

User avatar
dancecab
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:46 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by dancecab » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:22 pm

Angry216 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:21 pm
Starshine wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 am
This years Dead or Alive cage match seems pretty convoluted. I like the general idea behind it, but I'm not big on the execution.

So the only risk involved is for any of the currently cohesive units, because they may be forced to lose a valued member. But say if Eita, for example is in the match, whether he grabs a flag or not, there's no risk for him. Because theoretically he's motivated to kick one of Big Ben out either way. But then that raises the question, why not just kick them out now? There's nothing stopping him.

I feel like the risk should be the one who doesn't grab the flag either is kicked out himself, or has his unit disbanded. The current setup just seems confused and doesn't really go along with the typical 'risk vs. reward' mentality of the match. Here whatever risk or reward is up for grabs is solely dependent on the participants relationship with their team. It's not an either/or setup, the risk negates any reward the match offers, and vice versa.
This confused me for the last week. Not your post, but the rules itself. I agree with you that on the surface, it's cool. But it falls apart if someone like Eita or Doi enter, since they want to kick out someone respectively. They could just tank the match so they're forced to kick out someone.

For units like Tribe and Natural Vibes, the stakes are high. Both have no strife and want to preserve the peace in their unit. YAMATO mentioned how three years ago, Maria and Hulk saved him while he was still in Verserk and he wants to keep Tribe strong until Hulk comes back. Kzy wants to do the same. For them, if they're the last man standing, they would have to kick out someone. And then that would bring up the question; based off what? Who's the weakest? Stuff like that is what they want to avoid like the plague. So the stakes for them are clear.

Even for Mochizuki Dojo. Though Jae's been kicking the idea of one of them surviving and then kicking out Mochi because they don't need him anymore. That would be dope.

Here's something I wonder. Ben-K. Say Shun is the MD rep and survives and kicks out Mochi and Ben is the Verserk rep and is the last one standing. What if he kicks himself out of R.E.D and joins up with his peers and start a New Hazard-esue unit? I would be down with that. Plus too, since turning heel, he hasn't said one word. I wonder if they're saving that moment for the cage. Would be cool.
I see what you mean. But I think that's why we have the tag matches at Kouraken Hall. I think the thing that makes it work cleaner is the fact we have these tag matches at Kouraken with such high stakes considering Doi and Eita's intentions are pretty much known. Storyline wise those tag matches become a lot more desperate for all involved then they may have if that wasn't the case. If your someone like Ishida and want to see Maximum stay together, he's going to put more effort into making sure he wins the tag match to get into the cage match. What makes that match even more interesting is it's clear Doi and Dragon have differing interests so co-operation won't be their which will lead to their downfall. So I don't see any possibility in either of them winning. As for RED, Big R and Ben K know things are testy in for them in RED, so they are going to desperately want to win because this is essentially the best chance for them to put their fate in their own hands. From what I gather from IheartDGs blog, both of them seem to get blamed more for losses. Because of all this, it gives those in-stable tag matches a little more juice since theoretically if everything was 100% fine they could take it easy on each other.

I think because of what your saying in regards to EITA and Doi for sure kicking someone else from a booking stand point neither of them will be in the cage. The tag matches are set up to be the perfect out from those scenarios and keeping the drama in the cage match. These other scenarios definitely add to the intrigue for me. There is so many possibilities coming out of this. I have a feeling that we are getting a huge shake up to the factions regardless.

Angry216
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Angry216 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:19 pm

That's a great point. Nothing to add but that's just neatly put.

User avatar
Empiresk
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Empiresk » Thu May 09, 2019 8:59 pm

The first night of King of Gate was fantastic. Shun vs Mochi & Doi vs Kzy are great and Ben-K vs YAMATO is a must watch.

Seeing a bunch of middle aged Japanese women thirst over Ben-K confirms he is the next ace in my eyes.

User avatar
BlizzardAcolyte
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun May 26, 2019 12:31 am

So uh, the latest incarnation of The Machines are ripping through the trios division like Samurai Jack ripping through bounty hunters...so when the fuck are they challenging for the Triangle Gate? I wanna say they're waiting until World, but I honestly can't wait that long, at the rate they're going.

User avatar
PrivateRadio87
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:16 am

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by PrivateRadio87 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:52 am

BlizzardAcolyte wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:31 am
So uh, the latest incarnation of The Machines are ripping through the trios division like Samurai Jack ripping through bounty hunters...so when the fuck are they challenging for the Triangle Gate? I wanna say they're waiting until World, but I honestly can't wait that long, at the rate they're going.
They just did the belt gesture on the 5/25 show after winning, and a few coming cards have Gamma and Fuuji on them (in a totally unrelated note, btw), so maybe it's sooner than we think.

That said, I get that J is good, I get that G and F are there, and I skip those matches with vigor.

So, how about Ryo Saito crapping out bangers over this last leg? Weird, right? Also weirdly thought YAMATO/Yoshida was better than anything I saw Yoshida do in Champion Carnival.
Twitter: @FatmansAlright
Grappl: @PrivateRadio87
More thoughts on an often thoughtless medium: Writing Spirit Unleashed

Post Reply