Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Jagger27

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Jagger27 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Is the Dragon gate streaming service similar to njpw and AJPW? As in showing live events and VOD available soon after?
@mikedaysley

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:40 pm

VOD is up for one week, then disappears until a month later, after it airs on tv.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:47 pm

King of Gate is over with two very enjoyable shows at Hakata Star Lanes. Kobe World looks great on paper.
► Show Spoiler
Quick note about the Network itself. I know some people hate the week deadline to watch stuff and I suffered to begin with as I was so behind on the pre-network shows. But once you catch up set aside the time I feel it is pushing me more towards the product and has also forced me to make hard decisions on what I actually watch and commit to. In the past 6 weeks I haven't watched WWE at all and feel this is pretty positive as I am now watching something I enjoy. Just my opinion on the not-so perfect network

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Yeah that last Korakuen wasn't great from a crowd perspective. I just remember watching the show, noting how eerily quiet the crowd were. Jae's right. The split means things are going to be a bit harder to recover. Losing those four guys has turned out to be pretty severe. I think Yamamura in particular being gone is even more of a blow because he was clearly proving himself to be the next Ace and out of the young guys, besides Ben, was someone the crowd was clearly behind.

Even now, Kzy, Ben-K, Shun, Yosuke(maybe. I personally hope so), the new rookie, are probably the guys I think they should build around. Big R and Eita will always be around the top and I do hope this split motivates Eita to take his game up another level, but to me, those two are what they are. They've had their chances and for one reason or another, they haven't found a way to maintain consistency or even show any maturity.

It's an interesting time, that's for sure. This Big R/Doi stuff is interesting if it leads to Big R turning heel for the first time. I feel like Takagi was definitely turning before the OWE split became clear and plans changed. I think he's earned enough good will to have another attempt as a face, but you can't have Eita and Big R as your 1-2 in a heel unit. Absolutely not. I think the alternative options aren't really appealing, either. Doi would be great, but then Maximum would suffer and essentially become WORLD-1 when Doi left in late 2010. Can't turn Yoshino. Hulk would be a disaster. I guess YAMATO? He also would be great, but then what do you do with the rest of Tribe(Hulk and Yosuke, really.) I guess that stuff could work itself. The whole New Hazard reunion thing Jae threw out there earlier i the year would be fun, but again, now I can't see how you have the heel unit with Takagi. Maybe the best hope is that Eita catches fire. That would make it easy to jettison Takagi. But who knows. We'll see what happens.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:44 pm

been out of the loop for DG, did Kobe world gave any indications of the direction DG will go ?

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:39 pm

rollup wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:44 pm
been out of the loop for DG, did Kobe world gave any indications of the direction DG will go ?
Not really... Apart from seemingly resolving the Big R & Doi angle and continuing to push Eita as a heel and have Kzy win by flash pins that was it..

I guess we will have to wait for Jae's translations to see if there was anything important in the post-show promo. Still a good show match quality wise.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:58 pm

I thought Kobe World was a good show but nothing really happened on paper to make it feel like a major show..
► Show Spoiler

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Something's gotta give with the Big R/Doi drama. Doi challenged for the Twin and insisted that Big R would be his teammate to squash their beef. Question is will it be Big R, Ben-K or both turning?

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:06 pm

I heard they decided not to give out lot of free tickets or comps for bigger shows anymore.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:52 pm

FYI it looks like Dragon Gate are continuing to release legit attendance numbers. Today's Korakuen show is listed as 1565 rather than the usual 1800+ sell out. Still a good number tbf considering how cold the promotion is.

Thoughts on the show below:
► Show Spoiler

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:27 pm

► Show Spoiler

rollup

Post by rollup » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:25 pm

hmm

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Thought the Ben K turn was done well and I'm excited to see what happens next. Antias going through their third re-brand has me wondering why the hell they even exist anymore. Let's hope this re-brand is met with some drastic changes (perhaps Shingo leaving?)

rollup

Post by rollup » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:01 pm
Thought the Ben K turn was done well and I'm excited to see what happens next. Antias going through their third re-brand has me wondering why the hell they even exist anymore. Let's hope this re-brand is met with some drastic changes (perhaps Shingo leaving?)
welp u got your answer

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:43 pm

I meant Shingo leaving the UNIT not the fucking company. God damn.