Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
jeremysexton

Re: Dragon Gate 2015!!!

Post by jeremysexton » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Where can you watch Dragon Gate? Is their stuff available legit somewhere? I feel like I'd love their stuff, but haven't seen much of it.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:19 am

jeremysexton wrote:Where can you watch Dragon Gate? Is their stuff available legit somewhere? I feel like I'd love their stuff, but haven't seen much of it.
all their big shows are on iPPV:
https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/event/dragongate

here's the How To guide for ordering:
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top- ... -streaming

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Alan4L wrote:The 4 way trios at the March Korakuen and the Twin Gate in April at Korakuen (gave that five stars)
I absolutely loved the 4 way. I watched it during MOTM and voted it pretty high. It's the craziness I love from Dragon Gate.

I still have to watch the Twin Gate match. Everyone's saying Amigos Vs. Jimmys was really good.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Drew Wardlaw wrote:Off the top of my head, the Dead or Alive match to see what's going on with Gamma/CIMA/Don Fuji

Yoshino vs T-Hawk 5/30
Dead or Alive was pretty great. That was the only match I had left from the ppv since I watched the rest of the show.

I'll have to watch that before Kobe. Has BxB Hulk Vs. Yoshino shown up yet?

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:15 pm

dancecab wrote:
Drew Wardlaw wrote:Off the top of my head, the Dead or Alive match to see what's going on with Gamma/CIMA/Don Fuji

Yoshino vs T-Hawk 5/30
Dead or Alive was pretty great. That was the only match I had left from the ppv since I watched the rest of the show.

Indeed it has, click here.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Statoke wrote:
dancecab wrote:

Yoshino vs T-Hawk 5/30

Indeed it has, click here.
Fantastic. Can't go wrong with a Yoshino marathon.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Will get to the CHAMPION GATE shows later today. Have super high expectations for K-Ness/Tozawa. Should be a really fun show. I really like the direction Dragon Gate is going right now. They had a quiet start to the year, but they've really started to turn things up before Kobe World, which should also be an incredible show.

jeremysexton

Post by jeremysexton » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:56 pm

Alan4L wrote:
jeremysexton wrote:Where can you watch Dragon Gate? Is their stuff available legit somewhere? I feel like I'd love their stuff, but haven't seen much of it.
all their big shows are on iPPV:
https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/event/dragongate

here's the How To guide for ordering:
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top- ... -streaming
Cool, thanks!

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:36 am

Thought Yoshino vs Hulk was excellent. Similar in some ways to Goto vs Nakamura. It built slowly but the last 5-10 minutes were absolutely incredible. Hakata was going crazy for it.

whoknew

Post by whoknew » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:26 pm

Just watched the July 2nd Korakuen. Once again Dragon gate put on another top-to-bottom engaging card that as a viewer, you wouldn't even feel burn out by the time the main event matches starts. Speaking of main events, man did the 2 main event matches delivered BIG time. I know alot of people preferred the International generations trios over current gen/new gen match, I absolutely loved the main event and more ways than not actually followed up to the already high standard the previous match set. I love my pro wrestling to be long, worn out drag out fight affair and combined with DG's spotfests and a screaming Korakuen crowd, nothing in the world can match their atmosphere. Shingo and Big R closing stretch was *PHEW WIPING OFF MY SWEAT* all kinds of REAL MEN BATTLE i can't even describe it.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:47 pm

I preferred the Current Gen vs New Gen too but that might be because I don't really like Ricochet, I think I'm the only guy that prefers him as Prince Puma. The most exciting match coming out of that has to be Shingo and Big R, Big R has much more upside than any of the new guys and Shingo is one of the most underrated guys they have. Shingo>Tozawa!

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Are you counting T-Hawk and Eita in that "new guys" umbrella?

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Well DG called them that, I know they aren't really new but for the sake of this I am including them.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:23 pm

So you see Big R as having "much more upside" than T-Hawk, the guy who is clearly being groomed to be the next ace? That's a bold statement. I personally feel Eita is the best wrestler out of the three but that's just personal preference, but upside wise I'm not sure where you're getting Big R as far ahead of T-Hawk from. By upside do you mean who will end up having the most decorated career with a promotion building around them, or are you referring to something different?

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:31 pm

Upside may have been a poor choice of words, I tend to see things from a selfish point of view and what entertains me more, don't really think of the bigger picture. T-Hawk is being groomed as the next ace as you said but I don't see him improving much more than he already has, I don't care too much for his in-ring work honestly. Big R I feel has "unlimited potential", I think in a few years he will be miles better than T-Hawk in the ring and is already more entertaining.

Honestly, this could all just come down to the fact I like one over the other. just like how I think Kagetora is better than almost the entire roster.