Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Tim_dawg

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Tim_dawg » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 pm

How do you watch Dragon Gate? Do they have a site like New Japan World? I feel like now would be a good time to jump in.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Tim_dawg wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 pm
How do you watch Dragon Gate? Do they have a site like New Japan World? I feel like now would be a good time to jump in.
https://dragongate.live/

Two options. $10ish tier that has all the shows available a month after they happen or the $15ish tier that has live streams and OD service of all new shows for a week after they air then they disappear for 3 weeks and appear again on the service. It's run by Gaora the TV company not Dragon Gate so that explains the whacky, backwards rules. If you are able to watch shows within a week of airing, it's not a bad service and has actually got me prioritising DG from other companies as a result. It uploads one 1999 Toryumon archived show a month as well and all the Kobe Worlds are on there.

I am sure there will be a more detailed description somewhere on this thread from when it launched.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Really fun show with a great moment and main event. Loved the main event as the crowd looked and sounded legit shocked by PAC and Shingo, Hulk and YAMATO sold it so well and the brawling outside with R.E.D looked like a legit fight with meaning rather than a tired trope. It could have gone up and extra gear or two but they didn't have to. Dragon Gate looks like it is out of it's slumber with Flamita, Bandido and potentially Daga all rocking up within a month and Willie Mack was built like a monster for two straight tours and is bound to be back as well.

The scenes after the main event just reminded how good DG can be with all the amazing talent in one ring with the November Korakuen main event looking amazing

Also, DK with a protegee shall be very intriguing moving forward...

dj22319

Post by dj22319 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 am

Empiresk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:07 pm
Dragon Gate looks like it is out of it's slumber with Flamita, Bandido and potentially Daga all rocking up within a month and Willie Mack was built like a monster for two straight tours and is bound to be back as well.

Also, DK with a protegee shall be very intriguing moving forward...
This has virtually reignited all my interest in Dragon Gate. This Korakuen show was fun, and we all knew that PAC's arrival anywhere was gonna be a win for whatever promotion he chose. The November 6 show is looking like a step in the right direction for them, just a really good win for DG at this crucial time.
The name's David Perez, but you can call me David Purorez (GET ITTTTT?)

dj22319

Post by dj22319 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:25 am

Tonight was great. Shingo's farewell, along with a couple stellar undercard bouts, made for a great showing. Just a little confused about the main event finish. I know BxB took a nasty bump towards the end, so I assume they put a cork in it ahead of schedule.

Nevertheless, I would highly recommend this top to bottom great show to anyone.
The name's David Perez, but you can call me David Purorez (GET ITTTTT?)

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:16 am

Punch in tears at Shingo leaving was the greatest thing ever.

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:30 pm

U-T vs. Mochizuki Dojo its been my favourite Dragon Gate storyline recently, PAC gets all the atention as he should he has been excellent but keep an eye for the young wrestlers.

Tribe Vanguard (U-T, YAMATO & Yosuke Santa Maria) vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Shun Skywalker & Yuki Yoshioka - Dragon Gate The Gate Of Victory 2018 - 07.10.2018

Tribe Vanguard (U-T & Yosuke Santa Maria) vs. Kota Minoura & Masaaki Mochizuki - Dragon Gate The Gate Of Victory 2018 - 13.10.2018

MaxiMuM (Jason Lee, Kaito Ishida & Naruki Doi) vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Shun Skywalker & Yuki Yoshioka - Dragon Gate The Gate Of Victory 2018 - 21.10.2018

Last one specially was such a great match, best i have seen of Kaito Ishida (He has been more motivated since he joined MaxiMuM), great fire from Yuki Yoshioka and Shun Skywalker doing crazy stuff (He has been more focused and cut the botches since his Twin Gate match).

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:40 pm

PAC challenging Yoshino ? thats a good way to end the year on a bang

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Dragon Gate The Gate of Destiny 2018 - 04.11.2018

K-ness. & Problem Dragon vs. "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa & Shachihoko Boy: Short match but good to see K-ness

Ryo Saito, Don Fujii & Gamma vs. Punch Tominaga, "brother" YASSHI & Hyo Watanabe: Fun opener, Don Fuji its always a blast to watch

R.E.D. (Eita, Yasushi Kanda, KAZMA SAKAMOTO, DAGA) vs. Tribe Vanguard (Kagetora, Yosuke Santa Maria, U-T, Kota Minoura): Gentlemen man three here, Daga/Eita will challenge for the Twin at some point i think, hope Daga can help to make Eita more motivated

Natural Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka & Genki Horiguchi) vs. MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi, Jason Lee & Kaito Ishida) vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Shun Skywalker & Yuki Yoshioka: First great match of the show, match got better as it went on, lots of creative spots, Ishida had another great showing and the matchgot a hot finish sequence once it was 3 on 3

PAC vs. Flamita: Good match but it was kinda dissapointed for me, slow pace and they never got out of third gear.

Dragon Kid vs. Bandido: Great match, in a way this was the feeling i wish i would have with PAC. vs Flamita, they had a lot of chemistry and Dragon Kid going step by step with Bandido was awesome to see. DRAGONRANA~!

Trine Vanguard (BxB Hulk & YAMATO) vs. R.E.D. (Big R Shimizu & Takashi Yoshida): Great match, Hulk and Shimizu got their moments of shine but it was YAMATO the one holding the match together and making it work, final strech was awesome BxB Hulk & YAMATO are having some tremendous reign.

Masato Yoshino vs. Ben-K: Great match! Some really good nearfalls here i totally buyed 2/3 of them. This tops BxB Hulk/YAMATO vs. Mochizuki/Skywalker as my Dragon Gate MOTY, Ben showed he belongs on the main event and Yoshino got his best defense.

I watched ~ Genki Horiguchi 20th Anniversary Homecoming ~ - 08.10.2018 aswell, show was clipped they showed something more than an hour, Oji Shiiba had a good showing vs. Takashi Yoshida and the Natural Vibes vs. R.E.D. main event was fun

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:39 am

Don't sleep on that Triangle Gate match. Probably my favorite Dragon Gate match from this year.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:01 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:39 am
Don't sleep on that Triangle Gate match. Probably my favorite Dragon Gate match from this year.
It was sooooo good. THe closing stretch was so much fun.

Anyone else finding alot of buffering issues with Dragon Gate recently. I used to get some when I was streaming 720 but then i switched to auto and it was fine. Today its pretty much unuseable. Stoping every 10 seconds.

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Natural Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka & Genki Horiguchi) vs. MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Jason Lee) vs. Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO, BxB Hulk & Flamita) vs. R.E.D. (PAC, Big R Shimizu & Ben-K) elimination match from todays show was great, kind of match that only Dragon Gate can pull off, everyone did their part but PAC, Kzy, Flamita and Jason Lee were the standouts of the match.

Masato Yoshino will defend the Open the Dream Gate against PAC at December 4th Korakuen Hall show.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:42 am

Really sold on the idea that PAC should win the title, whether he's staying long term or otherwise. What do you guys think?

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:14 am

Absolutely.
After feeling flat for so long and having no viable new faces in the ODG title scene since I don't know when, the categorically have to put it on PAC.
Let's be straight, how can that go wrong?

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Give PAC that title. Just to really shake things up in Dragon Gate.