Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
strikamura

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by strikamura » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:09 am

Dreamboat wrote:DG's next iPPV on Nico is going to be geolocked to Japan. Really hoping they don't make this a standard thing
Ugh.

iheartdg

Post by iheartdg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:30 am

It's not. The next Korakuen and Gate of Destiny are the usual. Gate of Destiny is up for preorder now.

The Sambo Hall one is being delivered through their on demand Nico channel that has been totally useless up until now. If you are a member of the channel (540 yen) you get this show for free.
Up to this point it's basically been year old TV episodes uploaded one match at a time at a snails pace. This is the first time they have used this channel for something like this. Interesting timing.

The channel is, unfortunately, region locked like the other full fledged streaming channels on Nico. That is why the show is locked.

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:03 am

iheartdg wrote:It's not. The next Korakuen and Gate of Destiny are the usual. Gate of Destiny is up for preorder now.

The Sambo Hall one is being delivered through their on demand Nico channel that has been totally useless up until now. If you are a member of the channel (540 yen) you get this show for free.
Up to this point it's basically been year old TV episodes uploaded one match at a time at a snails pace. This is the first time they have used this channel for something like this. Interesting timing.

The channel is, unfortunately, region locked like the other full fledged streaming channels on Nico. That is why the show is locked.
Thank the lord

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:57 pm

iheartdg wrote:It's not. The next Korakuen and Gate of Destiny are the usual. Gate of Destiny is up for preorder now.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:24 pm

Gate Of Destiny, 3.11.16, Edion Arena in Osaka.

1. Takehiro Yamamura, Kaitlin Ishida, Punch Tominaga vs. Futa Nakamura, Hyou Watanabe, Shun Watanabe
2. Kzy, Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs. “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa, Shachihoko BOY
3. Don Fujii, Gamma vs. El Lindaman, Mondai Ryu
4. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Eita vs. Flamita
5. Open the Triangle Gate 3 Way 6 Man Championship Match: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Jimmy Kanda vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu, Peter Kaasa vs. “brother” YASSHI, T-Hawk, Cyber Kong
6. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid
7. Team Tozawa Akira Final Special 6 Man Tag Team Match: Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi vs. Shingo Takagi, YAMATO, BxB Hulk

First 3 matches look skippable, but I will probably catch the opener. The real business starts with the Brave Gate title match. Eita vs Flamita sounds like something that may end very high on my MOTY list. This is as good as a Brave Gate title match can get. The trios match isn't particularly super exciting, but I am sure it will be very good as always. Twin Gate title match should be awesome, I am really enjoying Jimmyz' run so I hope they retain.

And then the main event.. God, what a match that's going to be. Not only this has a potential to be a top tier MOTY candidate, not only there is so much story between each of the 6 guys, but obviously one of the biggest stars is leaving for WWE. And if you saw Uhaa's farewell, imagine that this is going to be like 10 times more emotional. Tozawa is probably going to cry even before the match starts.

I am hoping for Brave & Twin Gate title matches and the big 6 main event to be +**** quality, and honestly the main event could be MOTYC considering how good all 6 guys are and what the story is. Can't wait for this show, I am probably hyped for this more than for Power Struggle (and I think PST will be an excellent show by the way).

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:49 pm

Quick question in regards to Nico-Nico.

If I pre-order the show tonight, can I watch it after the it has happened on demand or can you order it retrospectively? Can't get tomorrow of work and I'm away on Saturday for two weeks and would like to watch it before I go and don't trust it to be on the RH Drive by then. I have previously only ordered from Nico-Nico when I have been watching it live.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:53 pm

im gonna miss tozawa

i hate wwe.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:44 pm

We've kinda gotten that you don't like them Monster.

I for one wish Tozawa the best of luck and am happy for him achieving a lifelong dream.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:47 pm

PKThree wrote:We've kinda gotten that you don't like them Monster.

I for one wish Tozawa the best of luck and am happy for him achieving a lifelong dream.

:lol: :lol: :lol: i wish tozawa and all the wrestlers good luck in the E, is a dream come true but is sad how some of them are used.

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:32 pm

Yeah good luck/well done/get paid and other sentiments I'm obligated to say
Was watching the MX unit disband match earlier and was pretty disappointed that it didn't really bring out any emotion in me beyond general malaise, and I'll be pretty disappointed if that's the case tomorrow during the graduation ceremony. Oh well

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:38 am

Well,I thought that the DiaHearts disbandment match was a better " match" but this was way more emotionally charged than that Unit Disband Match for me.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

wac

Post by wac » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:07 am

Just finished the 10/12 show and the unit disbands match has me so fired up I don't want to go to bed.
Joe Lanza wrote:The unit disband match was one of those Dragon Gate matches that is so filled with callbacks, surprises, and emotion that it feels more like the season finale of a TV show than a wrestling match. Just so much fun, and so much emotion.

The Dr Muscle reveal, the ongoing Shingo/BOY story, the post match deception...it was all so great.
It was very reminiscent of the PWG Guerrilla Warfare match between Mount Rushmore 2.0 and Chris Hero, Mike Bailey, Candace LeRae, and Joey Ryan at All Star Weekend 11 in this regard. I think I liked this one a little more.

I liked the Jimmyz/Tribe Vanguard match a lot too. Jimmy Kagetora has been working his ass off in recent weeks, especially in that 10/2 tag match.

wac

Post by wac » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:11 am

ayaashm wrote:Well,I thought that the DiaHearts disbandment match was a better " match" but this was way more emotionally charged than that Unit Disband Match for me.
I agree with this. The Dia.Hearts match is my DG MOTY.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:21 am

I went back and watched Dangerous Gate 2015. I hadn't watched it. I thought the Mad Blanky Unit disbandment match was also awesome. In the ****1/2 to ****3/4 range. The Kness turn was awesome. The beratement of Millenialz esp. Big R by CIMA was something else. Eita turned on T-Hawk after getting pinned by Don Fuji of all people.
The main event scene with Shingo leaving ME after berating SHACHI and Yoshino and asking Tozawa to join him for Summer Adventure Tag League as if nothing had happened was amazing. He offered Tozawa a handshake and Tozawa slapped him instead. That was awesome.
Yoshino Masato vs Takagi Shingo was amazing. I had it at ****1/2. When Shingo hits the Last Falconry and does a little salute at the end of the 3 count,that certifies him as an awesome dick heel and one of my favorite wrestlers of all time.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:32 am

Very good show. Nothing blow away but the Brave Gate match could have had an extra 4-5 minutes to take it to the next level whilst Shingo proved yet again he is one of the best dick head heels in the business in the main event.

The Graduation ceremony was less emotional than I expected but there are some highlights from Kzy, Kotoka and Big R. I read the translations this morning and the talk of the veterans as Tozawa as a little shit added more to their speeches. The promo video before the main event was also excellent with Tozawa with his parents and his PWG match with Hero.