Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Alan4L

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Alan4L » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Tigerkinney wrote:For personal reason's I'm a bit bummed that Hakata Star Lanes is getting the up-coming Twin Gate match between Susumu & Kagetora vs Eita & Dragon Kid and not the Korakuen show I'll be going to. That would have been a great match to see live.

Korakuen card doesn't look all that special on paper (two multi man tags on top) but I've got to take what I can get. I'm getting to see a DG show in Korakuen Hall and Dragon Gate 6/8 men tags are usually great anyway. I was just hoping to see something a bit more meaningful-as in any kind of title match.
trust me, you'll have an amazing time. The one I went to in April was SO MUCH FUN.

wac

Post by wac » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:38 pm

The top two matches on the Korakuen show are nothing to sneeze at anyway. Both sound really good on paper.

1. Don Fujii, Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida, Shun Watanabe
2. Eita vs. Yosuke♡Santa Maria
3. El Lindaman vs. Punch Tominaga
4. CIMA, Gamma vs. Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
5. Team Tozawa Akira Special 8 Man Tag in Tokyo: Akira Tozawa, Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito vs. YAMATO, BxB Hulk, Kzy, Flamita
6. Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, T-Hawk vs. Masato Yoshino, Big R Shimizu, Peter Kaasa

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:08 pm

The main event for 12th October Korakuen Hall show announced

Monster Express vs. Verserk 5 vs. 5 Full Conclusion Unit Disbands Match: Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Big R Shimizu, Shachihoko BOY, Peter Kaasa vs. Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, “brother” YASSHI, T-Hawk, Cyber Kong

Is it the end of Monster Express?

Also on this show: Eita vs El Lindaman for the Brave Gate title

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:The main event for 12th October Korakuen Hall show announced

Monster Express vs. Verserk 5 vs. 5 Full Conclusion Unit Disbands Match: Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Big R Shimizu, Shachihoko BOY, Peter Kaasa vs. Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, “brother” YASSHI, T-Hawk, Cyber Kong

Only way this T-Hawk vs MX story was going. Match should be a lot of fun, and yeah, I'm guessing this is the end of Monster Express. I'll be curious to see whatever new unit pops up, and I hope it has Mochi in it in some way

Eita vs Linda will be great

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:The main event for 12th October Korakuen Hall show announced

That confirms what I thought happened at the end of the show! But not knowing anymore than pigeon Japanese, I couldn't be entirely sure.

Other things that happened is that El Lindaman has joined Verserk (which puts dots the i's and crosses the t's on his heel turn!), this happened after Verserk attacked Punch Tominaga after Lindaman's match with his former Over Generation stable mate and in a completely dick move, shaved off Punch's Punch Perm.

Flamita also asked for a shot at the Brave Gate Title after Eita's match with Yosuke Santa Maria.

All in all the show had no MOTYC's or anything near to that quality but it was a fun show that forwarded on a couple of storylines. The semi main event was a lot of fun, as it pretty much ended up being a Tozawa tribute with a nice mix of comedy and work-rate from everyone involved- it's that very blend that has endeared Tozawa to Dragon Gate fans during his tenure with the promotion and though many will wish him well in the WWE, all DG fans will also be sad to see him go.

Main event ended up being a 4vs4 match with Brother YASSHI and Shachikocho Boy added to their respective teams, after the original six man match got thrown out by the 'Ropey YAMATO look-alike' ref after excessive interference from Verserk.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Sounds like plenty of Dragon Gate shenanigans during the Monster Express vs VeserK match at Korakuen Hall. So excited to to watch it in the coming days.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:20 pm

It was an emotional roller coaster of a match. Unit Disbands matches are my absolute jam. Very fun show this morning.

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:13 pm

Really want another T-Hawk/Yoshino singles match now. Their interactions in that unit disbandment match were incredible.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:03 am

The unit disband match was one of those Dragon Gate matches that is so filled with callbacks, surprises, and emotion that it feels more like the season finale of a TV show than a wrestling match. Just so much fun, and so much emotion.

The Dr Muscle reveal, the ongoing Shingo/BOY story, the post match deception...it was all so great.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:32 am

Joe Lanza wrote:The unit disband match was one of those Dragon Gate matches that is so filled with callbacks, surprises, and emotion that it feels more like the season finale of a TV show than a wrestling match. Just so much fun, and so much emotion.

The Dr Muscle reveal, the ongoing Shingo/BOY story, the post match deception...it was all so great.

I barely follow this promotion and that match had me tearing up at the end.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:50 am

Eita vs Linda was a lot of fun. But the main event was something else. Such a great storytelling and drama, DG is really awesome in this. Loved heels, especially Cyber Kong and Shingo no selling Shachi's offense. Last few minutes were just incredible, stuff like Yoshino taking Pumping Bomber for Tozawa was so great. I gave it **** 1/2.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:01 pm

I needed a shower after that main event. So good. I agree with Joe that these Unit Disband matches have a great Season Finale feel. They resolve so much but set up so many new directions for so many people. Doi, Yoshino, Big R and now Kotoka alongside a new look VerserK with T-Hawk and Linda will be moving on to new things up and down the card and a probable new unit.

I think now that these monthly Korakuen Hall shows are now my favorite thing in wrestling at the minute. Can't wait for them and having two in quick succession has been great. As much as I enjoyed the Shinjuku Face shows, it really showed I miss DG in this building. I've recently been watching some 2004 Toryumon shows in Chronological order and it is amazing to see how little has changed in terms of atmosphere, set up and flow of the shows. Moments such as Mochizuki turning and joining Aagan Iisou would not feel out of place today.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:45 am

Dragon Gate seems to understand, more than most major promotions, that relationships between their characters are every bit as important as the individual characters themselves. And not just antagonistic relationships, but friendships as well. Things like Yoshino taking the Pumping Bomber for Tozawa, or when the the MX members would save Shachi from the clutches of Shingo and Verserk...we don't see enough of that out of our babyfaces in other promotions. There's this weird individualistic mentality other promotions have, a lot of it focused on "who's going to be 'the guy'", that the ensemble that is Dragon Gate is so much fun to soak in, especially in these unit disband matches.

wac

Post by wac » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:Dragon Gate seems to understand, more than most major promotions, that relationships between their characters are every bit as important as the individual characters themselves. And not just antagonistic relationships, but friendships as well.
Very well put.

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:03 am

DG's next iPPV on Nico is going to be geolocked to Japan. Really hoping they don't make this a standard thing