Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Post by InYourCase » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:17 pm

07/02/2015 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall ~THE GENERATION GATE~
0. Shachihoko BOY vs. Kenichiro Arai
1. U-T, Yosuke Santa♡Maria, Kotoka, El Lindaman vs. Gamma, Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin, Z
2. Don Fujii, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito vs. Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga
3. K-ness, Cyber Kong vs. Dragon Kid, Super Shisa
4. Masaaki Mochizuki, Kzy vs. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Susumu
5. International Generation 6 Man Tag Team Match: YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. CIMA, Ricochet, Matt Sydal
6. Current Generation vs. New Generation 6 Man Tag Team Match: BxB Hulk, Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa vs. T-Hawk, Eita, Big R Shimizu

This looks like one hell of a card. Hopefully I'll be able to catch this live.

07/20/2015 Hyogo, Kobe World Kinen Hall ~Pro Wrestling Festival in KOBE 2015
-Open the Triangle Gate 3 Way Championship Match: CIMA, Gamma, Don Fujii vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Kzy vs. Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
-Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Akira Tozawa vs. Eita
-Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: YAMATO, Naruki Doi vs. Ricochet, Matt Sydal
-Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Masato Yoshino vs. T-Hawk

Amazing looking card thus far. Hate seeing Mochizuki get stuck in a Triangle Gate cluster, but that's the best looking Triangle Gate cluster we've had in a long time.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Re: Dragon Gate 2015!!!

Post by Robareid » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Kobe World is already shaping up pretty great. Those two six mans look a lot of fun too.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Really can't wait for Kobe World. YAMADoi vs Ricochet/Sydal is going to be ridiculously good.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:57 pm

Dragon Gate The Generation Gate review from the great Case Lowe:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/0 ... ts-review/

Drew Wardlaw

Post by Drew Wardlaw » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:28 pm

This was a great show. Big R being put in his place physically and verbally was too good. Really interested to see how he responds at Kobe World.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Shingo and Big R had some awesome interactions in the match, but I was absolutely blown away by how great their post-match beef was. Hulk coming in and saving him will probably lead to another Shingo/Hulk match down the line, which I'm perfectly okay with. I also find it amazing how Dragon Gate will be building off of Shingo/Big R stuff for years to come. Remember, Shingo pinned Big R in his debut. Those two have been going back-and-forth ever since then.

Ricochet being the most over person on the show came as a surprise to me. It wasn't even close, really. Korakuen loves them some Ricochet.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Just watched the Sydal/Ricochet/CIMA vs Doi/YAMATO/Yoshino match. Really so much fun. Ricochet looked like a man on a mission in that match. Everyone in it was great. Sydal/Ricochet vs Doi/YAMATO is going to be special.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:51 am

At Scandal Gate we will finally get some shakeup in the Unit department. The solid money here has to be on the Jimmyz right? They are the oldest faction and are the bottom unit in the company now. I could also see Mad Blankey being forced to disband, but I think we will get a Doi Yamato split in a few months and that will kill the unit.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Don't forget the show next sunday.

12/07 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium #2
0. Yosuke♡Santa Maria, El Lindaman vs. Shachihoko BOY, Mike Sydal
1. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin vs. Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga
2. Super Shisa vs. Kotoka
3. Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Susumu vs. Dragon Kid, Kzy
4. BxB Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu vs. CIMA, Don Fujii, Gamma
5. Akira Tozawa, Matt Sydal vs. T-Hawk, Eita
6. Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi, Ricochet vs. Naruki Doi, YAMATO, K-ness

Since some people might not know, this is where to purchase DG Niconico shows.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:37 pm

I'm super behind on Dragon Gate. I haven't watched much since Champions Gate back in Feb/March. The only thing I watched was Tozawa Vs. Shingo which was great and Tozawa Vs. Dragon Kid which was also great. Tozawa legit may be one of my favorite wrestlers in the world. He has that natural babyface charisma that just keeps you engaged and wanting to cheer for him.

ANYWAYS long story short, what recommendations would you guys make before I watch the Generation Gate show.

Drew Wardlaw

Post by Drew Wardlaw » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:49 am

Off the top of my head, the Dead or Alive match to see what's going on with Gamma/CIMA/Don Fuji

Yoshino vs T-Hawk 5/30

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:25 pm

dancecab wrote:I'm super behind on Dragon Gate. I haven't watched much since Champions Gate back in Feb/March. The only thing I watched was Tozawa Vs. Shingo which was great and Tozawa Vs. Dragon Kid which was also great. Tozawa legit may be one of my favorite wrestlers in the world. He has that natural babyface charisma that just keeps you engaged and wanting to cheer for him.

ANYWAYS long story short, what recommendations would you guys make before I watch the Generation Gate show.
The 4 way trios at the March Korakuen and the Twin Gate in April at Korakuen (gave that five stars)

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:11 pm

A lot of DG has been taken down on RealHero's accounts so it might be harder to find some matches.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

CheezeWhiz

Post by CheezeWhiz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Statoke wrote:A lot of DG has been taken down on RealHero's accounts so it might be harder to find some matches.
He's putting stuff up on Veoh now (check his Twitter for the link). I guess most of the older shows are already on other places online, so hopefully only a bit was lost as far as already being online.

RajahDDT

Post by RajahDDT » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:33 pm

Poor Hulk; he gave a fantastic performance against Yoshino, including facials and acting like every kickout was devastating to him, and that the more Yoshino got up, the less he knew what to do. Basically, exactly what you want your champion to do if the goal is to put over an up-and-coming talent as the next champion. Like say...T-Hawk?

Yoshino, on the other hand, did his usual thing. Which was good, but nothing so out of this world to make me think, 'Man, they made the right decision to have Yoshino put over T-Hawk.'