NJPW - Young Lions - Excursions

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Morten VH

Re: NJPW - Young Lions - Excursions

Post by Morten VH » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Interesting that SamuraiTV has acquired the rights for the January 1st CMLL show, and will air it on January 17th. Obviously it fits great with the FantasticaMania, but it will also be exposure of Kamaitachi right before his return to New Japan.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:25 pm

No one watches Samurai but the hardcores, who probably know about Kamaitachi anyway.

pol

Post by pol » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:45 am

We still don't know when Kamaitachi is coming back do we?

DrHero

Post by DrHero » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:07 am

pol wrote:We still don't know when Kamaitachi is coming back do we?
That's assuming he's coming back, didn't he say he loves it in Mexico?

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:06 am

Kamaitachi's paid by NJPW, not CMLL, so he'll be back whenever NJPW wants him back.

Samurai usually picks up the early December big CMLL show. Just worked out that they're not doing early December big shows (and may no longer be doing them) so they got to pick a little later one.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:19 pm

I figured it was because of FantasticaMania. Just thought it was interesting that it was the show where Kamaitachi essentially got sent back to Japan.
Chismo wrote:No one watches Samurai but the hardcores, who probably know about Kamaitachi anyway.
I was under the assumption Samurai was pretty popular among wrestling fans in the Kanto & Kansai regions, but almost no one watches outside of it. But you gotta think SamuraiTV is being watched by most of the people going to Korakuen Hall shows for example. Maybe i'm wrong, i have no data to back up this claim. Just thinking that Samurai being the only outlet for promotions like DDT & Big Japan, who still draw fairly well in the Tokyo & Osaka arenas.

TCMitchell
VOW Staff Member

Post by TCMitchell » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:07 pm

So we are keeping this thread alive to track the CMLL excursion of these great Young Lions taking their pro wrestling journeys to Mexico, yea? Do we have any dates set for their debuts? I can't wait to see what these guys can do when they're given some character.

Planet

Post by Planet » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:30 pm

Following these two will probably be painful. They'll have to put Komatsu and Tanaka in parentheses after their lucha names. Like was anyone waiting so intently for Kamaitachi and Watanabe?

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:37 pm

All I know is I'm watching every match they have that's available.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Here's them being introduced on CMLL's Facebook.

CMLL's previously said they're starting on 01/31, but I'm not sure if that means their first show will be on that Sunday or if they're just arriving that day. The 01/31 lineup isn't out yet, but it should be in a few hours.

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:16 pm

I'm going to have to start watching some lucha.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:23 pm

So I take it Okumura and Shimoda don't need to get any kids of their own, since they get sent 1 or 2 kids every two to three years

rollup

Post by rollup » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:13 am

I hope okamura keeps them away from the clutches of thunder

cherrylimeaid

Post by cherrylimeaid » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:18 am

Two questions ....

One with the latest two young lions leaving I see Jay White in the waiting circle to go excursion. Has there been an example of a gaijin first of all graduating the dojo. And second graduating, going on excursion, and returning. Would love for this to happen with the current crop, including Cody, but with the other two having dads that may want them elsewhere I'm betting Jay is the best bet to return.

Second, maybe cubsfan can chime in if he sees this. I also saw posted above about Okumura and Shimoda so maybe they are the people I'm asking about but... I've heard that Nakamura went to CMLL before he got his charisma infusion. Naito I got to see leave, come back and have this newly developed persona. This Kamiatchi is loaded with personality not to mention the talent where I can't wait to hope to see him in the G1 (or I guess I could settle for the super juniors) Yet after this fantasticamania show its hit or miss on whose characters shine through. The question is who works with these guys in CMLL to do such in depth character development. And forget stealing in ring talent from CMLL, if WWE can figure out who the character development guy is in CMLL break the bank and get THAT guy.

Did not know a thing about Kamiatchi or whatever the returning young lion's name is that fought Dragon Lee. But I feel part of the void that the WWE crew and young lion crew leaving is filled with him here, hopefully.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:56 pm

On Twitter Finlay said he's in Japan until May. May mean that's when he's taking his excursion OR he could be just taking a trip back home.