Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:50 am

ScorpioCorp wrote:Awesome match between two of the best in Australia. Slater is great as the cocky & calculated technician. Rock puts on a great babyface performance. 4 star match for me.

Enjoyed this, never saw Slater work heel before. Really good match.

kingm15

Post by kingm15 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:04 am

ScorpioCorp wrote:
kingm15 wrote:Went to the Newcastle Pro Wrestling show last night. Great fun!

Entertaining show. Matches were entertaining, some fun chants from the crowd.

Would recommend people check it out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I've heard good things about Newcastle Pro. Out of curiosity, were there any wrestlers or matches that stood out?
The Big Fudge vs Eagles main event was good. I quite like Fudge - he is a scrawny bloke who is billed as 7foot tall, 350lbs. He tries to step over the top rope and does a chokelsam. Quite cool. There was lots of heat in this match.

My 6 year old loves Caveman Ugg. Ugg is pretty nimble for a bloke his size too. They did a cool pre match angle where a wrestler jumped out of the crowd and attacked Ugg pre match. There was a chair shot to the head (which I'm not a massive fan of).

If you're near Newcastle it is a no brainer to go. We drove up from Sydney for the day.

A lot of the wrestlers on this card also work wrestling go (who have a show this coming weekend) and pwa in Sydney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

themib

Post by themib » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:50 am

PWA also booked Will Ospreay in August.

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:51 am

The Australian/NZ scene might take a hit. In the same interview I mentioned earlier TK and Dahlia said they knew of six aussies and a few kiwis who were leaving for the UK soon.

https://memorabiliaguy.com/2017/04/26/t ... the-worst/

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon May 01, 2017 11:05 am

Something I found amusing. 20 years ago, Michinoku Pro stole the show in ECW. Now, they are appearing in a random Queensland indie.

AJR

Post by AJR » Mon May 01, 2017 11:46 am

It's not entirely random though. Australian Wolf has toured Japan a few times and considers Michinoku Pro his second home. I'm 99% sure he's the guy who'd be organising this.

Speaking of Australian Wolf; he had a seizure just recently while at the gym and they discovered he had a legion on his brain. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery, and that it's not cancerous. The timing really sucks because he was announced to be heading back to Michinoku Pro later this year too.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon May 01, 2017 12:15 pm

AJR wrote:It's not entirely random though. Australian Wolf has toured Japan a few times and considers Michinoku Pro his second home. I'm 99% sure he's the guy who'd be organising this.

Speaking of Australian Wolf; he had a seizure just recently while at the gym and they discovered he had a legion on his brain. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery, and that it's not cancerous. The timing really sucks because he was announced to be heading back to Michinoku Pro later this year too.
That's no good, I hope he gets better. I did know that Wolf wrestled for them & I remember a good little tag match that he had when he teamed with Robby Heart. I believe that I even posted it on this forum.

kingm15

Re: RE: Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by kingm15 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:33 pm

Takachulo wrote:The Australian/NZ scene might take a hit. In the same interview I mentioned earlier TK and Dahlia said they knew of six aussies and a few kiwis who were leaving for the UK soon.

Hopefully this will be an opportunity for others to step up.

Plus guys from Australia being able to go overseas and make a living wrestling can only help grow the sport.

10-15 years ago the chances of an Aussie making a living from wrestling were slim to none.

With the changing face of wrestling and the rise of the super indies, this is no longer the case.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Takachulo

Re: RE: Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Takachulo » Tue May 02, 2017 5:14 pm

kingm15 wrote: Hopefully this will be an opportunity for others to step up.

Plus guys from Australia being able to go overseas and make a living wrestling can only help grow the sport.

10-15 years ago the chances of an Aussie making a living from wrestling were slim to none.

With the changing face of wrestling and the rise of the super indies, this is no longer the case.
It's certainly a short term blow. With a bit of luck it could turn out to be a real benefit in the long term however.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Fri May 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Takachulo wrote:The Australian/NZ scene might take a hit. In the same interview I mentioned earlier TK and Dahlia said they knew of six aussies and a few kiwis who were leaving for the UK soon.

Interesting. Shame for the Aussie scene but if it can be used as a way of getting folks to look into where those wrestlers come from, then there should be little downside.

Selfishly hoping Jonah Rock is one of them. That's a guy I really need to see wrestle live a whole lot and there are a tonne of great potential matches on the table for him in the UK.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Fri May 05, 2017 2:45 pm

VilinskiKonjic wrote:

Interesting. Shame for the Aussie scene but if it can be used as a way of getting folks to look into where those wrestlers come from, then there should be little downside.

Selfishly hoping Jonah Rock is one of them. That's a guy I really need to see wrestle live a whole lot and there are a tonne of great potential matches on the table for him in the UK.
Hopefully more international success can give the scene more exposure. Jonah Rock is currently the champ in my local indies & is easily the most over guy in the promotion. He has a title match tonight. Maybe he might lose which leads to him going to the UK (Probably not as I can't see his opponent being the top guy, but who knows).

themib

Post by themib » Fri May 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Charli Evans (currently one half of the PWWA Champions along with Jessica Troy who's gone off to the States) is the latest going over to the UK to wrestle, her boyfriend Kyle Fletcher has already started with ATTACK! and likely to feature for Fight Club: PRO as well.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Also, NSW based wrestlers Josh Shooter & Mark Davis have gone over to the UK. Very high on both of those dudes & I think they can possibly make an impact. They are both strong, hard-hitting wrestlers with charisma.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:Also, NSW based wrestlers Josh Shooter & Mark Davis have gone over to the UK. Very high on both of those dudes & I think they can possibly make an impact. They are both strong, hard-hitting wrestlers with charisma.
Think it's Mark Davis' first trip over but good to see Shooter making a return, his last stint was a good one and going by recent MCW shows he's only got better since. Seen he's already made a winning return to IPW:UK and I have no doubt he'll be back on Progress's radar too, high hopes for both guys.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon May 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Just finished watching MCW Clash of the Titans & Dowie James vs Adam Brooks was stellar. It was a 30 minute Iron Man match with great build up of action & tension. MOTYC.