Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
david.nzpwi

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by david.nzpwi » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:30 am

Voted New Zealand's Match of the Year, Robbie Eagles vs. Jake Shehaan vs. Falcon Kid from IPW Nightmare Before Xmas 2018 has been uploaded to YouTube:

And, while I'm here, Wrestle Rampage are streaming Never Surrender on iPPV tonight (about 4 hours from now) via Cleeng. $9.95 AUD for Jonah Rock's last Australiasian match, and Eagles vs. AJ Istria for the Australian National Championship.

https://wrestlerampage.cleeng.com/wrest ... 9866321_AU

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 am

Several Aussie wrestlers will be in NY for WrestleMania weekend. Eagles, Moretti, Ugg, Slex, Bonza, Gino Gambino, Shazza, Unsocial Jordan, Jessica Troy, Bel Pierce.

Eagles is getting plenty of bookings, Shazza is getting some. But Moretti, Ugg, Slex, and Gino are world class wrestlers, and I'll bet we see some of them in BOLA this year. I wish a few of these promoters would do some fucking research and book some of these dudes, even on the undercard. I'll bet they would work cheap, don't have to pay for travel, and wouldn't it be cool to have some awesome undiscovered talent break out on your show?

I'm tired of the indys being the same ironic bullshit, 6 man tags, and "comedy" matches...

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Tim_dawg wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 am
Several Aussie wrestlers will be in NY for WrestleMania weekend. Eagles, Moretti, Ugg, Slex, Bonza, Gino Gambino, Shazza, Unsocial Jordan, Jessica Troy, Bel Pierce.

Eagles is getting plenty of bookings, Shazza is getting some. But Moretti, Ugg, Slex, and Gino are world class wrestlers, and I'll bet we see some of them in BOLA this year. I wish a few of these promoters would do some fucking research and book some of these dudes, even on the undercard. I'll bet they would work cheap, don't have to pay for travel, and wouldn't it be cool to have some awesome undiscovered talent break out on your show?

I'm tired of the indys being the same ironic bullshit, 6 man tags, and "comedy" matches...
Wait a minute, Slex is at Mania weekend & NOBODY HAS BOOKED HIM. WHAT THE FUCK!

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Hot take: Shazza McKenzie sucks.

I just watched Shazza/Robbie vs Jack Bonza/Jessica Troy from PWA Wahlberg Vs Ugg, really fun match, but every time Shazza is in the match everyone has to slow down so she could keep up. It's like she wrestles in slow motion. Her match with Tyler Payne was even more egregious, Payne looked completely ridiculous, it's like they were play fighting, and this was Payne's first PWA match since his great showing against Robbie and did him no favors. She hits super light and literally nothing she does looks like it hurts. I HATE that PWA is pushing her to the moon and she will probably win the PWA Championship.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:25 am

Tim_dawg wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 pm
Hot take: Shazza McKenzie sucks.

I just watched Shazza/Robbie vs Jack Bonza/Jessica Troy from PWA Wahlberg Vs Ugg, really fun match, but every time Shazza is in the match everyone has to slow down so she could keep up. It's like she wrestles in slow motion. Her match with Tyler Payne was even more egregious, Payne looked completely ridiculous, it's like they were play fighting, and this was Payne's first PWA match since his great showing against Robbie and did him no favors. She hits super light and literally nothing she does looks like it hurts. I HATE that PWA is pushing her to the moon and she will probably win the PWA Championship.
It's not as much of a hot take as you think. There are a few people that share your opinion. I think Shazza is a good worker, but not necessarily the best in PWA.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm

You guys see a lot more of her than me, but I can't recall many bad Shazza matches. Her SHIMMER stuff is usually solid to great.

KLC

Post by KLC » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:54 am

https://youtu.be/pcx019jQATk

Underworld put up Episode 5 on YouTube (I think that their Amazon Prime distribution deal has gone kaput). Slade Mercer vs Ritchie Taylor is the best match I've seen from the promotion so far.

I'm probably going to stop with the reviews after their Season Finale show. Their pivotshare doesn't have enough content to justify an ongoing subscription and I suspect that future shows are going to be less of a 'television production', which means I don't think there's much of interest to me in continuing to cover it regularly.

KLC

Post by KLC » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7n79XHXpSM

The edits purposefully zoom in on the faces of bored fans in this match; which I think is a first for pro-wrestling.

Match is from a small indy called Premier Pro, they just let Alan Payne do what he wanted and you get this....

I think Alan Payne is currently the worst act working in major Australian indy promotions. Wannabe film school dropout trying to do art film vignettes that don't get over matched with shit matches. He's super-jacked and 48 though; so congrats on his mid-life crisis.

BigAlanPayneFan

Post by BigAlanPayneFan » Wed May 01, 2019 8:12 am

We’re a third of a way through the year. What are your Australian MOTYC’s?
I’m yet to dig into EPW’s catalogue but that will come soon..

1. Gino Gambino v Slex -MCW Clash of the Titans
2. Kellyanne v Jessica Troy -Wrestling Go Girls
3. Jack Bonza v Mick Moretti - PWA Fight for Black Metal

KLC

Post by KLC » Wed May 01, 2019 2:23 pm

BigAlanPayneFan wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:12 am
We’re a third of a way through the year. What are your Australian MOTYC’s?
I’m yet to dig into EPW’s catalogue but that will come soon..

1. Gino Gambino v Slex -MCW Clash of the Titans
2. Kellyanne v Jessica Troy -Wrestling Go Girls
3. Jack Bonza v Mick Moretti - PWA Fight for Black Metal
Is that you Corey?

Agree on Gino vs Slex number 1; then McGavin vs Moretti from EPW and the Tag Title match from MCW Vendetta.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Fri May 03, 2019 5:12 am

I gotta say, the match quality this year is WAY down from last year.

Last year the high quality matches were mostly Ospreay matches, and the Progress tour. This year there are no imports for the most part. If you compare the top matches without international talent from last year to the top matches this year it's pretty comparable. I'd say MCW undercards overall have been much better this year.

What's really hurting PWA is Matty Wahlberg has main evented shows against Jimmy Havoc and Caveman Ugg, and neither match was anything special. The match with Ugg was built incredibly well, but failed to deliver. Matty has a ton of potential, but isn't there yet. Also several great wrestlers on PWA undercards are severely underutilized. Tyler Payne, Kai Drake, Sam Osborne, and Luciano are all awesome wrestlers but haven't really done anything of note this year(besides Luchi, who is a lowercase "comedy" guy). Ricky South is another very good wrestler who isn't in a position to have great matches since he is reluctantly in SMS. Ugg hasn't wrestled much, and has only had one real match in PWA so far(the Wahlberg match, not great). Robbie isn't always around. To me PWA has been a gigantic disappointment this year.

Top three matches so far(not a lot of options):

Mick Moretti vs Gavin McGavin
Slex vs Gino Gambino
Mick Moretti vs Jack J. Bonza

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Fri May 03, 2019 5:16 am

PWA has Davis Storm vs Caveman Ugg, Millie McKenzie vs Jessica Troy(who is killing it this year), Slex and Mikey Broderick vs Mick Moretti and Jack Bonza booked for the next show. If those fail to deliver I will be shocked.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat May 04, 2019 5:10 am

1. Mick Moretti vs Jack Bonza - PWA
2. Robbie Eagles vs Ritchie Taylor (a lot of people are rightfully talking about Slex vs Gambino from Clash of Titans, but I thought that this match stole the show) - MCW
3. Mick Moretti vs Gavin McGavin - EPW

As for Tim's comments on PWA, I really enjoyed the first two shows of the year (Diego's Last Show & Fight For Black Metal). However, the last show did feel a bit disappointing & I was conflicted about it. I don't know, PWA has the potential to reach other level but they haven't reached it yet. It's like the undercards are good, but it could be even better.

KLC

Post by KLC » Wed May 08, 2019 12:33 pm

PWA's show on May 10th is going to be their first live iPPV. https://play.ovo.com.au/event/7036 On an Australian platform called, OVO, which basically sounds like an Australian version of FloSports.

BigAlanPayneFan

Post by BigAlanPayneFan » Sun May 12, 2019 10:50 am

Just come back from the MCW double header. Two very different shows catered to different target audiences but both really fun.

Slex/Loverboy was good but a heap of interferences stopped it from being great (felt like your traditional preview match before the real deal, presumably later in the year).
The tag match was good, loved it. Jordan is more than solid enough to take Tyson’s spot for the time being.
Main event of Moth/Avary started comedic but turned into possibly Avary’s best match in a MCW ring.
(Rest was eh)

GIRL4 was probably my favourite yet.
Lena/Kellyanne was great
Indi/Moth played off each other well

Millie/Avary was fantastic, I thought they told one of the best stories so far this year. Crowd was engrossed by the action and it felt like a more traditional Japanese crowd than a rowdy bar show (apart from one guy who didn’t get the memo). Finish came out of nowhere before the match had its big peak but it fits the story and sets up a rematch either here or in the UK perfectly!