Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Tim_dawg

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:57 pm

PWA put out Fletcher vs Unsocial Jordan from their Colosseum show for free. If I was doing a top Aussie matches of the year, this match would be on the lower half of this list. If you get a chance I'd recommend watching the entire show.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Mini doc about Marcus Kool, one of the founders of SPW New Zealand.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Since I'm posting a bunch of videos already, I'll just the all the SPW mini docs, and their full documentary, which I highly reccomend(it's only 27 minuites).

KLC

Post by KLC » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:01 am

http://thebplus.com/2018/11/01/the-b-pl ... w-episode/

Audio preview of EPW Re-Awakening that I did to go along with my Voices of Wrestling preview.

KLC

Post by KLC » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Live reactions to EPW:

Generally a strong show, if not as consistently strong as last year's Re-Awakening was. Jonah Rock vs Julian Ward was very good with Jonah playing monster and Ward fighting from the bottom the whole time. Jonah did a promo afterwards putting Ward over as the future of the promotion and WA wrestling. (Julian Ward is someone I'm very high on and I look forward to seeing him getting more opportunities interstate and overseas.) Street Gang Hooligans vs Untouchables was an insane spectacle. Logan Grey in particular is just phenomenal when it comes to the stunts he can pull off. End of the match was the biggest reaction I have heard at an EPW show. They sold out (not sure the exact number, likely somewhere close to 400). It was their first show in a new venue.

Will be interested to hear people watching on VODs take on Gavin McGavin vs Scotty Ryan. Was leading the McGavin cheering squad for the match because I don't like Scotty Ryan. Has great heat for the beginning and end, but thought it went too long in the middle and highlighted weaknesses I see in Ryan re: selling, sloppiness in offence and a general level of mediocrity. I dunno, feel I might be too close to critique the match fairly based off my general lack of understanding regarding what other people locally see in him.

KLC

Post by KLC » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:15 am

http://thebplus.com/2018/11/08/the-b-pl ... w-episode/

Will plug my podcast review of Re-Awakening now that the VOD is up on EPW's vimeo. (Should be up on Progress/Highspots/Powerslam and EPW's pivotshare in a week, why they don't do simultaneous release for their own pivotshare, I don't know).

Won't be writing a review, partly cause I feel I'm too close to too many people involved in the show. Was a little disappointed in production value of the video, hopefully they'll get a handle on shooting the new venue quickly. Think the Ladder match main event is fantastic. Highly rate Julian Ward vs Jonah Rock as well.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:45 pm

I just watched the ladder match between the Street Gang Hooligans and The Untouchables.

I did not like this at all to be honest. Half the match felt like they were setting up furniture. I never got the sense of urgency from either team. Early in the match Kingston was alone in the ring, with both Pitt and Slater outside the guard rails, ladder already set up. Instead of climbing Kingston took down the ladder and set up some wacky contraption. Later in the match Logan did the same thing. At one point Pitt and Slater were about to grab the belts, but Logan gave them the middle finger, the Untouchables got off the ladders, making them look really stupid. This never felt like a blood feud, it just never had that intensity. I didn't like SGH slapping hands and Kingston smiling before the match either. And my last issue is Logan was extremely sloppy.

I respect the effort, and there were some nice spots, and it started off good before the ladders got involved. But all the time spent setting up ladders to get to one big spot(rinse and repeat) killed this one for me.

Gentleman's ***

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:43 am

Tim_dawg wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:45 pm
I just watched the ladder match between the Street Gang Hooligans and The Untouchables.

I did not like this at all to be honest. Half the match felt like they were setting up furniture. I never got the sense of urgency from either team. Early in the match Kingston was alone in the ring, with both Pitt and Slater outside the guard rails, ladder already set up. Instead of climbing Kingston took down the ladder and set up some wacky contraption. Later in the match Logan did the same thing. At one point Pitt and Slater were about to grab the belts, but Logan gave them the middle finger, the Untouchables got off the ladders, making them look really stupid. This never felt like a blood feud, it just never had that intensity. I didn't like SGH slapping hands and Kingston smiling before the match either. And my last issue is Logan was extremely sloppy.

I respect the effort, and there were some nice spots, and it started off good before the ladders got involved. But all the time spent setting up ladders to get to one big spot(rinse and repeat) killed this one for me.

Gentleman's ***
To me being there live the Middle Finger spot worked; but I did think that the sound and heat in the building didn't quite translate on tape. Ladder spots being set-up feel to me that it's just a part of the modern approach to the gimmick that you either buy into or not (I think it's part of the reason why WWE mostly does the 5+ people ladder matches now, easier to build spots around multiple guys). Your reaction kind of backs up my initial feeling that the match from last year better captures what is in vogue in modern indy wrestling though.

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:47 am

For anyone interested, the 1Fall Entertainment TV tapings are going to be live streamed for $10 Australian a show or $50 for all six. https://1fallentertainment.cleeng.com/s ... 4661528_AU

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:03 am

KLC wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:43 am
Tim_dawg wrote:

Gentleman's ***
To me being there live the Middle Finger spot worked; but I did think that the sound and heat in the building didn't quite translate on tape. Ladder spots being set-up feel to me that it's just a part of the modern approach to the gimmick that you either buy into or not (I think it's part of the reason why WWE mostly does the 5+ people ladder matches now, easier to build spots around multiple guys). Your reaction kind of backs up my initial feeling that the match from last year better captures what is in vogue in modern indy wrestling though.
I get that ladder matches have a lot of setting stuff up, but it was really excessive in this match. It felt like it took the majority of the match.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Tim_dawg wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:03 am
KLC wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:43 am
Tim_dawg wrote:

Gentleman's ***
I get that ladder matches have a lot of setting stuff up, but it was really excessive in this match. It felt like it took the majority of the match.
Now that I've seen the match, here's my thoughts. It was a spectacle & SGH/Untouchables have a fantastic chemistry/dynamic between them. However, this match did suffer from ladder match tropes (Both of The Untouchables getting off the ladder when they could have won or Slater thinking it was a good idea to pin both SGH guys under the ladder etc) or moments which didn't come off that well (Logan trying to do backflips on diagonally prone ladders etc). However, it was the MOTN & I definitely understand if people are higher on this because it was a crazy match. This was the roughest of their trilogy though. ***1/2

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Another thing I will say is Logan Grey seems to have hit a wall in his development. His 2018 was not the break out people thought it would end up being. That being said, I know he is traveling outside of Perth soon, and has a multi-man match in Melbourne with some of Australia's best. Also SGH are part of the next WSW tour, so hopefully he impresses and gets to wrestle some international talent in the future.

Things are looking up for Grey, and I'm not burrying him, but these opportunities are coming at the perfect time, cause he needs them.

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:40 am

Tim_dawg wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:17 pm
Another thing I will say is Logan Grey seems to have hit a wall in his development. His 2018 was not the break out people thought it would end up being. That being said, I know he is traveling outside of Perth soon, and has a multi-man match in Melbourne with some of Australia's best. Also SGH are part of the next WSW tour, so hopefully he impresses and gets to wrestle some international talent in the future.

Things are looking up for Grey, and I'm not burrying him, but these opportunities are coming at the perfect time, cause he needs them.
Logan had some injury issues at the start of the year as well, which is why he pulled back from non-EPW work in WA.

More-so than the 6-way, I'm most looking forward to him vs Robbie Eagles on the 1fall shows.

http://thebplus.com/2018/11/20/the-b-pl ... view-show/ This interview just went up with one of the guys running 1fall. Chris from 1fall, is Logan's brother which explains why he's in the main event on night 1.

KLC

Post by KLC » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:35 am

[twitter][/twitter]

The best spot from episode 4 of Underworld. My review is up on VOW.

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:02 am

https://shwarewind.pivotshare.com/media ... 32/feature

Posted this in the free thread, but figured I'd post it in here as well. SHWA have put their end of year show online for free. Whole show probably won't be of much interest to most people here unless you want to see an example of what the lower level promotions in Australia put out. Main event between Michael Morleone and Craven should be, it's good. Starts at about 1.39.30.

Craven is going to be appearing at The Crash fairly regularly as well.