Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
KLC

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Complete card for MCW on Friday night and the WrestleRock brunch show

MCW:
MCW Tag Titles Elimination Match: The Brat Pack (c) vs Men For Hire vs Helter Skelter vs Fun Time Trouble
The Untouchables (Marcius Pitt/Damian Slater) vs Tome and Stevie Filip
JXT vs Markus Kool vs Mikey Broderick
Indi Hartwell vs Shazza McKenzie
Jonah Rock vs Caveman Ugg
Dowie James vs Lochy Hendricks
Kelly Anne vs Avary
MCW Intercommenwealth Title: Slex (c) vs Adam Brooks
MCW Title: Gino Gambino (c) vs Robbie Eagles

WrestleRock
Avary vs Taylah Rose
Alan Payne vs Jake Lindo
Cletus/Mad Dog/Campbell Crawford vs Brat Pack and Lochy Hendricks
Robbie Eagles vs Stevie Filip
Catwalk Match: CK Dowie (Dowie James doing a heel fashonista gimmick) vs Caveman Ugg
WrestleRock title: Fun Time Phil (c) vs Marcus Muffinov (Marcius Pitt doing a Russian character)

GDelaney84

Post by GDelaney84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:20 am

Stoked Mikey Broderick is booked!

KLC

Post by KLC » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:52 am

GDelaney84 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:20 am
I half suspect that he's being inducted into TMDK tonight.

GDelaney84

Post by GDelaney84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:39 am

KLC wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:52 am
GDelaney84 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:20 am
I half suspect that he's being inducted into TMDK tonight.
That would be great!

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:22 am

Today SPW announced Adam Brooks vs JK Moody. This is Brooks's New Zealand debut, but more importantly, it's another chance for Moody to shine.

If you're not on the JK Moody bandwagon, you should get on. This guy is fucking great. Besides Ospreay, Moody really hasn't wrestled any big name talent, and yet he keeps having awesome matches. Every time this dude wrestles he gets better. He has a cool gimmick, a really good look, can talk, and has charisma. He made a really good impression in his MCW last month in a really good match with Richie Taylor, and I do expect him to return. I think this match with Brooks is gonna rule.

On the flip side, you got Syd Parker(this is random, just kinda wanna rant)... This is a dude I figured for sure would be a star. He is awesome in the ring and his offense is really unique. He had a great match with Slex a few months back. His look and gimmick are terrible, fucking garbage, and he is getting passed by other up and coming talent. His gimmick is really working against him, and at least from the outside looking in, it seems the crowd has mostly grown tired of him. I think this dude could be a star, but he comes off as a guy playing pro wrestler.

KLC

Post by KLC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:14 am

Tim_dawg wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:22 am
On the flip side, you got Syd Parker(this is random, just kinda wanna rant)... This is a dude I figured for sure would be a star. He is awesome in the ring and his offense is really unique. He had a great match with Slex a few months back. His look and gimmick are terrible, fucking garbage, and he is getting passed by other up and coming talent. His gimmick is really working against him, and at least from the outside looking in, it seems the crowd has mostly grown tired of him. I think this dude could be a star, but he comes off as a guy playing pro wrestler.
Very much disagree on Syd's gimmick (and had this discussion before); I think it's unique and helps him to stand-out in a way that someone with his physique and skill-set would struggle with doing so otherwise. He's also just turned heel in MCW and will have a feud with Caveman Ugg, which will really determine where he's going next there.

I don't know why he wasn't on either of the shows over Super Show Down weekend. His injury at the first Underworld show came at a bad time, and stopped some of his momentum. Possibly he's being punished/sidelined a little for working the BCW show which clashed with a MCW show, I don't know. but I'd expect him to come back to MCW for the next show. He's just starting his singles run after two years in tag teams; so worth giving him a chance rather than writing him off.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:26 am

KLC wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:14 am
Tim_dawg wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:22 am
Very much disagree on Syd's gimmick (and had this discussion before); I think it's unique and helps him to stand-out in a way that someone with his physique and skill-set would struggle with doing so otherwise. He's also just turned heel in MCW and will have a feud with Caveman Ugg, which will really determine where he's going next there.

I don't know why he wasn't on either of the shows over Super Show Down weekend. His injury at the first Underworld show came at a bad time, and stopped some of his momentum. Possibly he's being punished/sidelined a little for working the BCW show which clashed with a MCW show, I don't know. but I'd expect him to come back to MCW for the next show. He's just starting his singles run after two years in tag teams; so worth giving him a chance rather than writing him off.
Dammit Tim, Syd's gimmick & look is freaking awesome. Don't listen to him about it being trash. Agree with Kevin. He's much like Darby Allin, who has that punk gimmick & it works because he's a crazy daredevil. The thing about Syd is that it might be a backstage thing (although, I don't think he's been booked that badly & is just about to start his singles run). I don't know, but I think this Ugg feud will determine where he stands in MCW.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:26 am

Syd and Darby are cut from the same cloth. The biggest difference between Syd and Darby, is Darby comes off as genuine, and Syd comes off as clearly cosplaying(in my opinion). Kevin, I disagree with your comment "helps him to stand-out in a way that someone with his physique and skill-set would struggle with doing so otherwise". He probally should gain some weight, but I think his physique is fine, especially on the indys. I think you are underselling his in ring ability, to me that's his best attribute, and I do think he is good enough to get over with his wrestling ability.

Syd has been stuck as a midcarder in MCW for about three years now, and I absolutely think it's the way he presents himself. I have said this before, but I believe he has the potential to be one of the best wrestlers from Australia, he should be getting booked in PWG and Europe based on his in ring work and creativity. I can't see companies like PWG, AAW, Progress, wXw, ECT. Taking him seriously, which is a shame. To me he is way too good for a midcard gimmick, and it's holding him back from reaching his full potential. I don't see much upward momentum unless he is repackaged.

KLC

Post by KLC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:05 pm

At least he isn't dressing like the Chupacabra anymore.

Danga

Post by Danga » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:02 pm

The times I've seen Syd he's been great. He just emanates intensity and violence. His offence looks great (and painful!). That being said, I think at times the punk look overshadows how good he is.

Lots of good stuff in Melbourne over the weekend. MCW on Friday probably the best show I've ever been told. Slex V Brooks was a clinic. Gino V Eagles was the most invested I've been in a match live. Crowd was loud and into everything. Stevie V Eagles at Wrestlerock was fun also. The low roof at the corner hotel was limiting but they worked around it well.

KLC

Post by KLC » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:31 am

Speaking of Syd, he's put up this playlist of his matches on YouTube. Reckon that him vs RVD is about as good a match you're going to see from modern RVD.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... u2zb3FF0mv

KLC

Post by KLC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:45 am

https://youtu.be/IQrRkSAgzn4

Dowie James vs Kellyanne from Adrenaline Pro in Melbourne. It's good.

KLC

Post by KLC » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:30 am

https://youtu.be/SY4JG6a0ciY

Gavin McGavin vs Julian Ward in a Last Man Standing match, one of my favourite Australian matches of the year.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Thought I would post a little banger from Wrestle Rampage. Tommy Knight is a guy with only a year experience & has shown much improvement after training at the NJPW LA Dojo. And we all know that Kyle Fletcher is a prodigy.

Also, the two matches that KLC posted were fun to watch as well.

KLC

Post by KLC » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuDqpGpM8NY

Ospreay vs JXT from Gippsland Pro Wrestling.

Solid match; I see JXT as being one of the guys in Australia who mostly relies on charisma rather than in-ring finesse to get over. Interesting to see Ospreay work more as a heel and more of a Heavyweight style match.