Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
KLC

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Guys from WA who are meant to be doing the NJPW try-outs Damien Slater, Marcius Pitt, David Nero (decent look, haven't seen much of him outside of a tag team called Team BAE where they wrestled in onesies), Julian Ward (guy who came back from a stint at Lance Storm's school with big improvement in skill and look, if there's anyone on this list that they'd be interested in making a Young Boy, he'd be my pick), Hayden Zenith (pretty good wrestler), Aaron O'Malley (lead heel in NHPW, haven't seen much of him) and Taylor King (does a child-star gimmick, annoying, would be surprised if there was any interest in him).

themib

Post by themib » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:38 am

Ospreay lost both of his titles to Adam Brooks at MCW yesterday.

KLC

Post by KLC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:21 am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 1503468773

Also Bless Fale. Gedo doesn't sound like he was particularly impressed though.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:25 pm

KLC wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 1503468773

Also Bless Fale. Gedo doesn't sound like he was particularly impressed though.
The reality is that there are many wrestlers in Australia who lack a certain polish in their ring work & need to improve many areas of their game. Although, I'm sure Gedo had his eye on a few potential Young Lions.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm

PWA & Newcastle Pro now have a combined streaming service on Pivotshare. They are known to be the best promotions in the state of New South Wales & have some interesting talent. They are going to release the PWA Call to Arms show soon (which has Ospreay vs Eagles & Jonah Rock vs Caveman Ugg which is apparently very good). If you like promotions such as Chikara, then PWA & Newcastle Pro might be your jam.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:13 am

is there anywhere to watch ospreay vs adam brooks?

themib

Post by themib » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:02 am

Lawsoncomedy wrote:is there anywhere to watch ospreay vs adam brooks?
MCW's Vimeo on demand service.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:21 am

themib wrote:
Lawsoncomedy wrote:is there anywhere to watch ospreay vs adam brooks?
MCW's Vimeo on demand service.
The Ballroom Brawl show (which had Ospreay vs Brooks) was just released today.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:55 am

I'm a long time listener of the VOW podcast, but this is the first time I have felt strongly enough to post on here. Basically I am a little frustrated with MCW's business practices. As an outsider to the Aussie scene(I'm American) looking in, trying to get my friends into MCW is a really tough sell. It would be a lot easier if MCW would have gotten Brooks/Ospreay up quickly. And I know Joe went into this, but this match 100% should have been free. I have been telling everybody who will listen to check this match out, but getting them to subscribe to another streaming service, let alone one with guys they don't know, and with almost all of 2016 yet to be uploaded, it just isn't going to happen for the most part. I have a mutual friend with Meltzer (we go to the same indy shows) and my buddy said "If it's not up for free on an easy link like YouTube or dailyMotion I doubt he'll get to it." It's a shame really, with J-Rock heading to BOLA next weekend and the NJPW tryout MCW really needs to capitalise ASAP. Really sorry to be so negative, but I really feel like that had to be said.

That being said, I adored this match, the crowd was the hottest I've ever seen at an MCW show. Brooks worked like a madman, I don't know if he has ever had an oponent like Ospreay, but he absolutely stepped up. I've seen quite a few Brooks matches now and I've never seen this pace or intensity in his matches, and I loved the story (which I won't spoil). Brooks should be a guy who gets flown to the US and UK in 2018.

AJR

Post by AJR » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:20 am

I understand where you're coming from, but the whole concept of having noticeable international attention around Australian wrestling is pretty new. It's not like this is the first time an Australian wrestling company has brought over well known international talent and had good matches with them. Normally when it happens you see a small spike, but it doesn't last. The fact that this time feels different is exciting, but I can understand MCW being hesitant to change their business strategy for their recent shows, especially with everything else they've had on their plate recently.

I do hope that MCW do put that match up for free. Maybe keep the triple threat behind the paywall to entice people to pay, but we'll see.

I'm just super glad to hear shows like VOW or the Edge and Christian show bring up the Aussie wrestling scene in conversation, because a few years ago that just didn't happen. I hope the bigger wrestling companies in Australia can capitalise on that (PWA and Newy Pro getting a streaming service is a great start) and I think we'll probably see it happen over the next year or so.

Weirdly enough, I'd say Riot City Wrestling are probably the best Australian company that I know of when it comes to showcasing their product online. They routinely put out matches or entire shows for free, and offer their bigger shows online for a reasonable price. They just don't get a lot of attention because they're pretty conservative about bringing in international (or even interstate) talent, but they always seem to put on good shows and bring a solid crowd.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:23 am

Tim_dawg wrote:I have been telling everybody who will listen to check this match out, but getting them to subscribe to another streaming service, let alone one with guys they don't know, and with almost all of 2016 yet to be uploaded, it just isn't going to happen for the most part. I have a mutual friend with Meltzer (we go to the same indy shows) and my buddy said "If it's not up for free on an easy link like YouTube or dailyMotion I doubt he'll get to it."
I think MCW have sent Meltzer the match for free earlier this month.

KLC

Post by KLC » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Was at EPW's State of Origin show tonight. Michael Morleone won the main event over Jack Bonza, Damien Slater and Mr Juicy to win the State of Origin shield for Western Australia. Gavin McGavin and David Nero had a solid match as well.

I ended up seeing way more of Mr Juicy's ass and way too close then I'd ever want to see.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:38 pm

KLC wrote:Was at EPW's State of Origin show tonight. Michael Morleone won the main event over Jack Bonza, Damien Slater and Mr Juicy to win the State of Origin shield for Western Australia. Gavin McGavin and David Nero had a solid match as well.

I ended up seeing way more of Mr Juicy's ass and way too close then I'd ever want to see.
What's the story behind the 'Gastro' chant.

KLC

Post by KLC » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:34 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
KLC wrote:Was at EPW's State of Origin show tonight. Michael Morleone won the main event over Jack Bonza, Damien Slater and Mr Juicy to win the State of Origin shield for Western Australia. Gavin McGavin and David Nero had a solid match as well.

Juicy was complaining that he had Gastro and was going to shit himself in the ring.

He's going to be on the EPW show in a couple weeks as well.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:04 am

KLC wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote:

Juicy was complaining that he had Gastro and was going to shit himself in the ring.

He's going to be on the EPW show in a couple weeks as well.
I thought it had something to do with Gastro surgery because of his competitive eater gimmick (I just realised that it's gastric not gastro). Yikes, did he do the stinkface while he had gastro. Yuck.