Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
KLC

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 am

EPWxProgress main matches will be Davis Storm vs Pete Dunne, The Untouchables vs Mustache Mountain

I assume we'll get Toni Storm vs Allyson Cruz, cause there isn't anyone else ready out of the female recruits.

Don't know any other matches for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if it is Banks vs Morleone in a Champ vs Champ match. Could see Jimmy Havoc vs Gavin McGavin being the other match.

KLC

Post by KLC » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:52 am

Tonight's World Series Wrestling show in Melbourne is going to be live streamed on their Facebook page (will probably just be a hard cam recording the show though without commentary, so don't expect production values).

Main matches are The Young Bucks vs The Briscoes and Austin Aries vs Marty Scurll.

Most interesting stuff with Australian wrestlers is Elliot Sexton vs Matt Riddle and Slex vs Brian Cage.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:42 am

EPW have named their full card for the PROGRESS show on April 18th, at least in terms of the PROGRESS talent...

EPW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Michael Morleone (c) vs. Jimmy Havoc
PROGRESS WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Toni Storm (c) vs. Allyson Cruz
Davis Storm vs. Pete Dunne
Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) vs. The Untouchables (Damian Slater & Marcius Pitt)
Julian Ward & Travis Banks vs. Street Gang Hooligans (Alex Kingston & Logan Grey)

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:41 am

themib wrote:EPW have named their full card for the PROGRESS show on April 18th, at least in terms of the PROGRESS talent...

EPW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Michael Morleone (c) vs. Jimmy Havoc
PROGRESS WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Toni Storm (c) vs. Allyson Cruz
Davis Storm vs. Pete Dunne
Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) vs. The Untouchables (Damian Slater & Marcius Pitt)
Julian Ward & Travis Banks vs. Street Gang Hooligans (Alex Kingston & Logan Grey)
Super excited for Storm vs Dunne, Seven/Bate vs Slater/Pitt & Banks/Ward vs Grey/Kingston.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:20 pm

KLC wrote:Tonight's World Series Wrestling show in Melbourne is going to be live streamed on their Facebook page (will probably just be a hard cam recording the show though without commentary, so don't expect production values).

Main matches are The Young Bucks vs The Briscoes and Austin Aries vs Marty Scurll.

Most interesting stuff with Australian wrestlers is Elliot Sexton vs Matt Riddle and Slex vs Brian Cage.
Is this on tape anywhere?

GDelaney84

Post by GDelaney84 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
KLC wrote:Tonight's World Series Wrestling show in Melbourne is going to be live streamed on their Facebook page (will probably just be a hard cam recording the show though without commentary, so don't expect production values).

Is this on tape anywhere?
It’s still up on their Facebook page

KLC

Post by KLC » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:11 am

Footage from (I believe) the Sydney WSW show is in the latest Botchamania. The ring rope breaks in Riddle and Slex's rematch; then Marty comes out to sing Hit Me Baby One More Time while they're fixing the ring.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:00 pm

KLC wrote:Footage from (I believe) the Sydney WSW show is in the latest Botchamania. The ring rope breaks in Riddle and Slex's rematch; then Marty comes out to sing Hit Me Baby One More Time while they're fixing the ring.
I should note that Riddle vs Slex was apparently the best match of the tour, despite the incident with the ring.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:45 am

PWA put a free Jonah Rock vs Caveman Ugg match on YouTube. This was such a great opener & a heck of a hoss fight. Also, it's not a long watch being under 15 minutes.

Kardo

Post by Kardo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:02 am

PCW in Melbourne had a great show on the weekend.

Syd Parker and WAIK vs Ryan Rapid and Luke Sabre was great, started normal and got more and more chaotic as it went on.

KLC

Post by KLC » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:54 am

Kickstarter for the Underworld Wrestling promotion in Melbourne. I'm not convinced that the mix of a points system and Lucha Underground style supernatural angles is going to be a good fit, and I think the 10 and 15 minute time-limits are too short. That being said, it will be something different; and some people here *cough*Tim*cough* should be glad to see that Syd Parker looks to be one of the main featured talents. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uw ... wrestling/

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm

So this is the week of the Progress tour, also MCW runs Ballroom Brawl, SPW has a show headlined by a returning Travis Banks taking on Kane Khan(which should be awesome). Jonah Rock becomes the first Aussie to main event a PWG show as he takes on WALTER and Keith Lee for the PWG world title on night 2 of All Star Weekend, and Robbie Eagles makes his PWG debut.

This has to be the biggest weekend of Aussie wrestling this milinium right? Probally going back even farther than that.

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:36 am

Tim_dawg wrote:So this is the week of the Progress tour, also MCW runs Ballroom Brawl, SPW has a show headlined by a returning Travis Banks taking on Kane Khan(which should be awesome). Jonah Rock becomes the first Aussie to main event a PWG show as he takes on WALTER and Keith Lee for the PWG world title on night 2 of All Star Weekend, and Robbie Eagles makes his PWG debut.

This has to be the biggest weekend of Aussie wrestling this milinium right? Probally going back even farther than that.
So Eagles is flying to LA for All Star Weekend, then flying back to Sydney for his match with Travis Banks on Monday, Australian time? Hadn't realised he had so much going on right next to each other.

I think the NJPW shows in February were as big a deal, especially with Melbourne and Sydney being sell-outs and Melbourne running Festival Hall. But this is a bigger deal for the individual Australian promotions, as they are legitimately co-promoting the shows.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:42 am

KLC wrote:
Tim_dawg wrote:So this is the week of the Progress tour, also MCW runs Ballroom Brawl, SPW has a show headlined by a returning Travis Banks taking on Kane Khan(which should be awesome). Jonah Rock becomes the first Aussie to main event a PWG show as he takes on WALTER and Keith Lee for the PWG world title on night 2 of All Star Weekend, and Robbie Eagles makes his PWG debut.

So Eagles is flying to LA for All Star Weekend, then flying back to Sydney for his match with Travis Banks on Monday, Australian time? Hadn't realised he had so much going on right next to each other.

I think the NJPW shows in February were as big a deal, especially with Melbourne and Sydney being sell-outs and Melbourne running Festival Hall. But this is a bigger deal for the individual Australian promotions, as they are legitimately co-promoting the shows.
I agree with Kev, although I would say the NJPW show were a bigger deal considering the reasons that were mentioned above. However, I'm more hyped about these shows because they are more of a showcase for Australian talent & I think these shows will be better than the NJPW shows in terms of match quality (because the NJPW shows had a bit of a house show vibe). What I will find interesting about these shows are the reviews & opinions from people who are outside the Australian wrestling bubble (In fact, some of my favourite wrestling review sites are from the UK & I would love to hear their honest opinions about the shows). I'm very interested to see the buzz that this tour receives from an international perspective & the wrestlers that will stand out with world class talent.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:59 pm

The Aussie ladies got to show off at SHIMMER last weekend, with regulars Madison Eagles and Shazza McKenzie joined by Indi Hartwell, Facebrooke, Charli Evans and Jessica Troy (the pic also includes the retired Kellie Skater and "honorary Australian" Nicole Matthews) - Kellyanne was also meant to be on the shows, but had to fly back home for a family emergency.