Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
User avatar
AJR
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:11 am

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by AJR » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:51 am

If anyone is curious, UCW in New Zealand are streaming their show for free in about 15 minutes.

They're also running an invasion angle angle and bringing over a bunch of Aussie wrestlers. If you're an MCW fan you'll recognise them; Caveman Ugg, Syd Parker, Alan Payne, Avary and Kellyanne.


User avatar
ScorpioCorp
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Cypress Creek

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:25 am

AJR wrote:If anyone is curious, UCW in New Zealand are streaming their show for free in about 15 minutes.

They're also running an invasion angle angle and bringing over a bunch of Aussie wrestlers. If you're an MCW fan you'll recognise them; Caveman Ugg, Syd Parker, Alan Payne, Avary and Kellyanne.

According to reports, this show was flaming garbage. The New Zealand wrestlers were terrible & the promoter Matt Docherty acted like an idiot. Watch if you dare.
Last edited by ScorpioCorp on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
AJR wrote:If anyone is curious, UCW in New Zealand are streaming their show for free in about 15 minutes.

They're also running an invasion angle angle and bringing over a bunch of Aussie wrestlers. If you're an MCW fan you'll recognise them; Caveman Ugg, Syd Parker, Alan Payne, Avary and Kellyanne.

According to reports, this show was flaming garbage. The New Zealand wrestlers were terrible & the promoter Matt Docherty acted like an idiot on commentary. Watch if you dare.
I am starting to think that the best explanation for UCW is that it's a money laundering operation. (Docherty gives off the vibe of someone who might have some pharmaceutical debts to pay off)

User avatar
AJR
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:11 am

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by AJR » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Yeah, I'm sad the show was as bad as it was. They paid for some great Aussie workers. Docherty is the guy Will Ospreay blasted on social media for not paying his guys, and a lot of the better local talent refuse to work for him.

So the end result was a show where most of the talent is ultra green. And it showed.

User avatar
Tim_dawg
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Location: Oakland California
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Tim_dawg » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:43 pm

So SPW out of New Zealand announced Kane Khan vs Travis Banks for the Progress World Title. Kane is one of two guys from NZ(JK Moody being the other) that I am super high on. Kane is super green but getting a match with Banks so early in his career should do wonders for him.

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:48 pm

WrestleClash results out of Canberra:

Robbie Eagles defeats Caveman Ugg
Jak Arkham defeats Mick Moretti
4 Nations (Jack Bonza/Adam Hoffman) defeats Gino Gambino and Mehmet
Mikey Broderik defeats Slex in a No DQ match
Luke Watts defeats Marcius Pitt
Kellyanne defeats Shazza McKenzie
'The Bogan Warrior' Crofty defeats Elliot Sexton

They drew about 500 people, sounds like it was a successful return show for the promotion and they might be able to turn Canberra into a regular city for them. Did raise my eyebrow at the Canberra wrestlers going over in every one of their matches.

Also the WWE MCG show is pretty much confirmed. I hope that the plan will be to run a big MCW/Australian Wrestling supershow on the weekend. Will depend if they're doing an NXT Takeover as well, but I really think this is the prime opportunity to try and feature Australian indies to an audience that might not otherwise know about them, ala Wrestlemania weekend.

User avatar
GDelaney84
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by GDelaney84 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 pm

KLC wrote:WrestleClash results out of Canberra:

Robbie Eagles defeats Caveman Ugg
Jak Arkham defeats Mick Moretti
4 Nations (Jack Bonza/Adam Hoffman) defeats Gino Gambino and Mehmet
Mikey Broderik defeats Slex in a No DQ match
Luke Watts defeats Marcius Pitt
Kellyanne defeats Shazza McKenzie
'The Bogan Warrior' Crofty defeats Elliot Sexton

They drew about 500 people, sounds like it was a successful return show for the promotion and they might be able to turn Canberra into a regular city for them. Did raise my eyebrow at the Canberra wrestlers going over in every one of their matches.

Also the WWE MCG show is pretty much confirmed. I hope that the plan will be to run a big MCW/Australian Wrestling supershow on the weekend. Will depend if they're doing an NXT Takeover as well, but I really think this is the prime opportunity to try and feature Australian indies to an audience that might not otherwise know about them, ala Wrestlemania weekend.
Were you at the show mate?

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:53 am

GDelaney84 wrote:
KLC wrote:WrestleClash results out of Canberra:

Robbie Eagles defeats Caveman Ugg
Jak Arkham defeats Mick Moretti
4 Nations (Jack Bonza/Adam Hoffman) defeats Gino Gambino and Mehmet
Mikey Broderik defeats Slex in a No DQ match
Luke Watts defeats Marcius Pitt
Kellyanne defeats Shazza McKenzie
'The Bogan Warrior' Crofty defeats Elliot Sexton

They drew about 500 people, sounds like it was a successful return show for the promotion and they might be able to turn Canberra into a regular city for them. Did raise my eyebrow at the Canberra wrestlers going over in every one of their matches.

Also the WWE MCG show is pretty much confirmed. I hope that the plan will be to run a big MCW/Australian Wrestling supershow on the weekend. Will depend if they're doing an NXT Takeover as well, but I really think this is the prime opportunity to try and feature Australian indies to an audience that might not otherwise know about them, ala Wrestlemania weekend.
Were you at the show mate?
Got the results off Twitter. Was at the SHWA show in Perth last night.

User avatar
GDelaney84
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by GDelaney84 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 am

KLC wrote:
GDelaney84 wrote:
KLC wrote:WrestleClash results out of Canberra:

Robbie Eagles defeats Caveman Ugg
Jak Arkham defeats Mick Moretti
4 Nations (Jack Bonza/Adam Hoffman) defeats Gino Gambino and Mehmet
Mikey Broderik defeats Slex in a No DQ match
Luke Watts defeats Marcius Pitt
Kellyanne defeats Shazza McKenzie
'The Bogan Warrior' Crofty defeats Elliot Sexton

They drew about 500 people, sounds like it was a successful return show for the promotion and they might be able to turn Canberra into a regular city for them. Did raise my eyebrow at the Canberra wrestlers going over in every one of their matches.

Also the WWE MCG show is pretty much confirmed. I hope that the plan will be to run a big MCW/Australian Wrestling supershow on the weekend. Will depend if they're doing an NXT Takeover as well, but I really think this is the prime opportunity to try and feature Australian indies to an audience that might not otherwise know about them, ala Wrestlemania weekend.
Were you at the show mate?
Got the results off Twitter. Was at the SHWA show in Perth last night.
It was a really good show. Broderick/Slex was a great match and Eagles/Ugg was a cracker as well. Mikey Broderick should be everywhere! The TMDK and Robbie Eagles come off as big stars, they will be everywhere soon.

I was surprised as some of the finishes as well, if the Canberra boys are going to be on all the shows going forward i can see why they got the wins. Mikey, Luke and Crofty all got really big pops, they have been around in this scene forever.

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:00 am

GDelaney84 wrote:
KLC wrote:
GDelaney84 wrote:
Were you at the show mate?
Got the results off Twitter. Was at the SHWA show in Perth last night.
It was a really good show. Broderick/Slex was a great match and Eagles/Ugg was a cracker as well. Mikey Broderick should be everywhere! The TMDK and Robbie Eagles come off as big stars, they will be everywhere soon.

I was surprised as some of the finishes as well, if the Canberra boys are going to be on all the shows going forward i can see why they got the wins. Mikey, Luke and Crofty all got really big pops, they have been around in this scene forever.
Glad it was a good show. Minor gripe on my part, sometimes wish Australia's top stars protected themselves more so it is a bigger deal when they lose (though this is really me being frustrated about some of the booking of EPW's stars in Perth outside EPW). Think if you're doing a return date, putting at least one of the interstaters over would have been good to build for heat and credibility when you return.

I know that Pitt thinks very highly of Broderick. I saw him once in an EPW State of Origin match. Think he was semi-retired/out of the country recently. Got the impression that he's behind the show, and it's very good if WrestleRock becomes a regular promotion in Canberra.

User avatar
ScorpioCorp
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Cypress Creek

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:45 am

Tim_dawg wrote:So SPW out of New Zealand announced Kane Khan vs Travis Banks for the Progress World Title. Kane is one of two guys from NZ(JK Moody being the other) that I am super high on. Kane is super green but getting a match with Banks so early in his career should do wonders for him.
I love that both members of the Deadly Sins (Khan & JK Moody) have been getting the big match ups at SPW. Apparently, Moody vs Will Ospreay from a recent show was a banger. They are still young & inexperienced, but are already among the best in NZ & have enormous potential.

User avatar
ScorpioCorp
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Cypress Creek

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:54 am

GDelaney84 wrote:
KLC wrote:
GDelaney84 wrote:
Were you at the show mate?
Got the results off Twitter. Was at the SHWA show in Perth last night.
It was a really good show. Broderick/Slex was a great match and Eagles/Ugg was a cracker as well. Mikey Broderick should be everywhere! The TMDK and Robbie Eagles come off as big stars, they will be everywhere soon.

I was surprised as some of the finishes as well, if the Canberra boys are going to be on all the shows going forward i can see why they got the wins. Mikey, Luke and Crofty all got really big pops, they have been around in this scene forever.
I have heard good things about Broderick (haven't seen any of his matches though & he doesn't seem to wrestle as much). Hopefully, he can branch out to other places if possible.

User avatar
Tim_dawg
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Location: Oakland California
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Tim_dawg » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:54 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
Tim_dawg wrote:So SPW out of New Zealand announced Kane Khan vs Travis Banks for the Progress World Title. Kane is one of two guys from NZ(JK Moody being the other) that I am super high on. Kane is super green but getting a match with Banks so early in his career should do wonders for him.
I love that both members of the Deadly Sins (Khan & JK Moody) have been getting the big match ups at SPW. Apparently, Moody vs Will Ospreay from a recent show was a banger. They are still young & inexperienced, but are already among the best in NZ & have enormous potential.
SPW is taking forever to upload the show with Moody vs Ospreay. Don't they now have two shows to upload? I believe Khan and Moody wrestled each other this weekend.

Personally I don't even think it's close, I think both members of the Deadly Sins are miles ahead of anyone else in New Zealand as far as potential(even if they are still pretty far from actually reaching it). If I were them I would leave NZ and train in England for a few months or a year, because I don't really seeing them breaking out or having the skills to break out by staying in New Zealand.

User avatar
ScorpioCorp
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Cypress Creek

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Tim_dawg wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote:
Tim_dawg wrote:So SPW out of New Zealand announced Kane Khan vs Travis Banks for the Progress World Title. Kane is one of two guys from NZ(JK Moody being the other) that I am super high on. Kane is super green but getting a match with Banks so early in his career should do wonders for him.
I love that both members of the Deadly Sins (Khan & JK Moody) have been getting the big match ups at SPW. Apparently, Moody vs Will Ospreay from a recent show was a banger. They are still young & inexperienced, but are already among the best in NZ & have enormous potential.
SPW is taking forever to upload the show with Moody vs Ospreay. Don't they now have two shows to upload? I believe Khan and Moody wrestled each other this weekend.

Personally I don't even think it's close, I think both members of the Deadly Sins are miles ahead of anyone else in New Zealand as far as potential(even if they are still pretty far from actually reaching it). If I were them I would leave NZ and train in England for a few months or a year, because I don't really seeing them breaking out or having the skills to break out by staying in New Zealand.
You're right, they are miles ahead in terms of potential compared to the rest of NZ. They probably need some overseas training & experience to refine their wrestling skills. Heck, even if they come over to Australia for some shows & training it would do them a world of good.

User avatar
Tim_dawg
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Location: Oakland California
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Alex Kingston and Allyson Cruz wrestled for Championship Wrestling From Hollywood last night. Those two were by far the best two wrestlers on the show. I'm surprised Allyson hasn't been in SHIMMER yet, she is really good. But Kingston looked incredible. I knew he was good but seeing him live really made me realise that this guy is a tremendous wrestler and should be booked everywhere.

And Kingston wrestledd Eric Watts, who you might remember from Tough Enough. Watts is truly one of the worst pro wrestlers I have ever seen, just awful, but Alex was able to get a really good match out of him.

Post Reply