Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
User avatar
Larrikn
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Larrikn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:15 pm

In an act of what i assume is good faith between MCW and NJPW, Mr. Juicy has joined the Bullet Club being sworn in by Fale post match.
Please Follow me on Twitter.
I need it.

User avatar
Tim_dawg
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Location: Oakland California
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Tim_dawg » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:41 pm

So how was the show overall? I've heard Dowie/Brooks stole the show.

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:30 am



Damien Slater vs Julian Ward.

Ward is one of the Perth wrestlers who went to Lance Storm's training camp last year. One of the better prospects in WA wrestling. This was his strongest match so far.

User avatar
david.nzpwi
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:46 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by david.nzpwi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:12 am

Australasian Indy Wrestling - 30% off any download via SPW On Demand with the code 'BLACKFRIDAY1'. http://spwrestlingnz.pivotshare.com

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:18 am

EPW Re-Awakening was one of their best shows. Drew about 500 people without any real imports from overseas or interstate as well. Highlight was Pitt/Slater vs Kingston/Grey. Really excellent match, one of the best tag team matches I've seen this year.

User avatar
ScorpioCorp
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Cypress Creek

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:08 pm

KLC wrote:EPW Re-Awakening was one of their best shows. Drew about 500 people without any real imports from overseas or interstate as well. Highlight was Pitt/Slater vs Kingston/Grey. Really excellent match, one of the best tag team matches I've seen this year.
Glad to hear that the tag match was exceptional & has been getting rave reviews. It always looked like the match was going to steal the show with the talent that was involved. I'm excited that there is going to be a potential 3 stages of hell match with those guys on an upcoming show.

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:40 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
KLC wrote:EPW Re-Awakening was one of their best shows. Drew about 500 people without any real imports from overseas or interstate as well. Highlight was Pitt/Slater vs Kingston/Grey. Really excellent match, one of the best tag team matches I've seen this year.
Glad to hear that the tag match was exceptional & has been getting rave reviews. It always looked like the match was going to steal the show with the talent that was involved. I'm excited that there is going to be a potential 3 stages of hell match with those guys on an upcoming show.
I told Pitt to rig the votes if either of the other options win the poll, and he laughed.

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:19 am

EPW Re-Awakening is up now on EPW's vimeo page for those interested.

I'll try and push them to put up the tag match on YouTube later.

User avatar
Tim_dawg
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Location: Oakland California
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Tim_dawg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 pm

KLC wrote:EPW Re-Awakening is up now on EPW's vimeo page for those interested.

I'll try and push them to put up the tag match on YouTube later.
Please do. I really want the Young Bucks to see this match. First thing I thought after the match is how great a SGH/Bucks matchup would be.

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 am

Tim_dawg wrote:
KLC wrote:EPW Re-Awakening is up now on EPW's vimeo page for those interested.

I'll try and push them to put up the tag match on YouTube later.
Please do. I really want the Young Bucks to see this match. First thing I thought after the match is how great a SGH/Bucks matchup would be.
If someone has a connection to the Bucks, I can pass the match on. (My closest connection is that their Dad follows me on Twitter)

I did forward the match to the promoter of the World Series Wrestling tour in Australia. He's bringing the Bucks out in March.

User avatar
Tim_dawg
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Location: Oakland California
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Tim_dawg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm

I know I am gonna catch flack, but I watched that tag match twice and Damian Slater did absolutly nothing to stand out. In fact I've seen several of his matches now and I have that impression after every one of them. He is crisp in the ring, good looking guy, I'm sure he is a good guy to guide the younger wrestlers, but he just does nothing memorable.

User avatar
KLC
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by KLC » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:47 am

Tim_dawg wrote:I know I am gonna catch flack, but I watched that tag match twice and Damian Slater did absolutly nothing to stand out. In fact I've seen several of his matches now and I have that impression after every one of them. He is crisp in the ring, good looking guy, I'm sure he is a good guy to guide the younger wrestlers, but he just does nothing memorable.
I love Slater's spinning backkick. Live, he's an incredibly crisp worker which helps him to stand out on an Australian scene where there's still a big gulf between top workers and the rest of the talent. So far, I really do like the dynamic with him and Pitt, and I think as a tag-team they can become a better unit than they are individually.

Best Slater matches which stick in my mind are his ladder match with Alex Kingston from Evolution 05 and his match with Pitt from (I think) Collision Course 2016.

User avatar
themib
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by themib » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:20 am

MCW just added Toni Storm vs. Shazza McKenzie for the PROGRESS Women's Title to their Final Battle show on Saturday.

Speaking of PROGRESS, they've added EPW to their on-demand service.

User avatar
Tim_dawg
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Location: Oakland California
Contact:

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by Tim_dawg » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:13 am

I just watched Adam Brooks vs Robbie Eagles. I need to rewatch to confirm, but as of right now it's going in my top 10.

User avatar
GDelaney84
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by GDelaney84 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:00 am

Tim_dawg wrote:I just watched Adam Brooks vs Robbie Eagles. I need to rewatch to confirm, but as of right now it's going in my top 10.
Just watched that this morning, incredible match.

Post Reply