Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
ScorpioCorp

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:03 am

KLC wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote:
ManuRomero90 wrote:Sorry for the bump, i was watching Melbourne City Wrestling and they have a new tag going with TMDK name, Marcius Pitt & Slex. Does anyone know the backstory on his?
Good question. TMDK was actually a stable with Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls, Jonah Rock, Marcus Pitt, Slex & Elliot Sexton. It's just that many people think that TMDK was just the tag team of Haste & Nicholls because of how prolific they have been outside Australia. If I am not mistaken, the current incarnation of TMDK now consists of Jonah Rock, Hartley Jackson, Marcus Pitt & Slex.
I think Damien Slater joined TMDK on the last Wrestle Rampage show.

TMDK kind of became the Australian Bullet Club over the last few years in Australian pro wrestling. Stable were babyfaces in Western Australia and South Australia and heels in Melbourne.

(We'll not talk about Bullet Kliq, which is a stable found in some of the scummier Australian indys who are the dirt worst for obvious reasons just based off the fucking name.)
I can confirm that Slater is in TMDK because I was at that show. Also, here's a picture of the Bullet Kilq (just for the sake of it):

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:54 pm

I wondered why the Flatliner had been missing from so many RevPro Portsmouth shows lately.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Is Hartley Jackson any good? Watching him in a tag match vs. Masakatsu Funaki right now.

AJR

Post by AJR » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Hartley Jackson was pretty good the last time I saw him. It's been a few years though.

I think his legacy is more about the people he's trained and the connections he's helped to forge for the Australian scene. He helped wrestling get a foothold in Perth by helping train early EPW wrestlers, including both guys in TM61. He also trained Jonah Rock. He trained in the New Japan LA dojo, and has competed for them. He formed Zero-1 Australia, which lead to a bunch of guys wrestling in Japan. And he's been a big part of the Adelaide scene for ages.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Agree with AJR's sentiment. I'm not too high on Hartley Jackson's in-ring work & his Japan stuff has been uninspired. Although, there is no denying his legacy & impact on Australian wrestling. Has an excellent reputation as a trainer & has helped pave the way for the current generation of Australian wrestlers.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Was the Z-1 Australia set up a major deal for the scene? Or was it like the New Japan US Dojo where Inoki just clowned around and they ran a dozen or two shows?

AJR

Post by AJR » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:13 pm

It lead to TMDK going over to Japan and a couple of Japanese wrestlers coming over. That's about it. It wasn't a new company that carried the Zero1 moniker; NWA Pro Australia morphed into Zero1 Australia, and when that name no longer meant much, it became Wrestle Rampage, which is still a big fed today.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Sounds like the same thing that happened with NWA Ireland/Z-1 Ireland/Fight Factory.

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:50 am

Was at EPW Hell or Highwater a couple weeks ago, one of the stronger EPW shows I've been to lately. Steel Cage main event between Gavin McGavin and Scotty Ryan was the stand-out. Gavin McGavin is by far the most improved wrestler on EPW's roster, and he should be their top heel now. I know he's done some shows overeast, hope he gets a run in the higher profile feds over east.

For those interested, EPW isn't acknowledging the whole Slater joining TMDK angle in Adelaide. Running their own storyline with him and Chris Vice trying to put together a new stable managed by their valet Amber.

Next show for EPW is their State of Origin show. Main event is Damien Slater (SA) v Mr Juicy (Vic) v Jack Bonza (NSW) v Michael Morleone (WA)
Last edited by KLC on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDZ7-t1fU5Q

Morleone has been wrestling in Perth for ages, primarily as a tag team wrestler in EPW. I think they're giving him a push, at least to set up one match with Storm for the EPW title. This match with Logan Grey is the best singles match I've seen him in.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:23 pm

KLC wrote:Was at EPW Hell or Highwater a couple weeks ago, one of the stronger EPW shows I've been to lately. Steel Cage main event between Gavin McGavin and Scotty Ryan was the stand-out. Gavin McGavin is by far the most improved wrestler on EPW's roster, and he should be their top heel now. I know he's done some shows overeast, hope he gets a run in the higher profile feds over east.

For those interested, EPW isn't acknowledging the whole Slater joining TMDK angle in Adelaide. Running their own storyline with him and Chris Vice trying to put together a new stable managed by their valet Amber.

Next show for EPW is their State of Origin show. Main event is Damien Slater (SA) v Mr Juicy (Vic) v Jack Bonza (NSW) v Michael Morleone (WA)
What do EPW fans think of The Solution? I know that they have been the top heel stable for the last couple of years & have dominated the main event scene.

KLC

Post by KLC » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:27 am

ScorpioCorp wrote:
KLC wrote:Was at EPW Hell or Highwater a couple weeks ago, one of the stronger EPW shows I've been to lately. Steel Cage main event between Gavin McGavin and Scotty Ryan was the stand-out. Gavin McGavin is by far the most improved wrestler on EPW's roster, and he should be their top heel now. I know he's done some shows overeast, hope he gets a run in the higher profile feds over east.

What do EPW fans think of The Solution? I know that they have been the top heel stable for the last couple of years & have dominated the main event scene.
Depends, some people are marks for EPW or too close to people in the promotion to ever be critical of EPW. (Drawing Heat which is the podcast that covers EPW is run by two really good dudes and it's worth checking out if you want to keep track of WA wrestling, but they are often overly kind to EPW's booking).

I and most of the friends' I go to EPW shows with are pretty sick of The Solution. Davis Storm is a good worker who has been the bedrock of WA pro wrestling, but his run on top is starting to feel Planet Jarrettish.

Storm winning the title back from Logan Grey at Evolution was a move that made me want to check out of EPW for a while. They hold the tag belts now as well. Looked like they were building to a split angle with Warship and others leaving the group, but that seems to be on the backburner for now. I've been told that this is building to a payoff, but yeah I haven't been into the booking of the main events since middle of 2016.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:09 am

KLC wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote:

Depends, some people are marks for EPW or too close to people in the promotion to ever be critical of EPW. (Drawing Heat which is the podcast that covers EPW is run by two really good dudes and it's worth checking out if you want to keep track of WA wrestling, but they are often overly kind to EPW's booking).

I and most of the friends' I go to EPW shows with are pretty sick of The Solution. Davis Storm is a good worker who has been the bedrock of WA pro wrestling, but his run on top is starting to feel Planet Jarrettish.

Storm winning the title back from Logan Grey at Evolution was a move that made me want to check out of EPW for a while. They hold the tag belts now as well. Looked like they were building to a split angle with Warship and others leaving the group, but that seems to be on the backburner for now. I've been told that this is building to a payoff, but yeah I haven't been into the booking of the main events since middle of 2016.
I had a feeling about this. They seem like the kind of stable that people would get sick of. It also seemed like the storyline has dragged out. I watched that TLC match & the ending was a complete turnoff. Felt like Russo booked it.

It's interesting that you mention people who are marks or are too close to promotions, which prevents them from being critical. A main reason for me to write about Australian wrestling was because there was little mentioned about it on the internet & the stuff that was mentioned felt like they praised everything or had promotion bias. It was hard to know who the top wrestlers were & what to watch.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:11 pm

WILL OSPREAY IS THE NEW PWA CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Yeah, I saw your tweets just now. Crazy stuff, but I guess his girlfriend is a Kiwi or something?