Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
ScorpioCorp

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 am

A terrific cage match from the EPW promotion that just popped up on YouTube. Logan Grey is pretty good for someone who was in their rookie year. Reminds me of Jeff Hardy.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:13 am

Interesting development, NJPW is having an open tryout on August 19th in the Melbourne CBD. That is the same day & location where MCW New Horizons is taking place. The tryout is done in association with the Fale Dojo.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:23 am

An interesting promo by Mick Moretti (a prominent & talented NSW wrestler), which got a fair bit of buzz on reddit.

KLC

Post by KLC » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:20 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:A terrific cage match from the EPW promotion that just popped up on YouTube. Logan Grey is pretty good for someone who was in their rookie year. Reminds me of Jeff Hardy.

Was at this show, thought it was one of the best EPW matches of the year. Marcus Pitt is my favourite guy in EPW at the moment. He had a match with Alex Kingston a couple months ago which I thought was the best EPW match of the year so far.

KLC

Post by KLC » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:An interesting promo by Mick Moretti (a prominent & talented NSW wrestler), which got a fair bit of buzz on reddit.

Saw this. Wasn't that impressed by the promo (first time seeing Moretti and the promo and character felt derivative in a bad way of Marty Scrull). Also a bit bemused at the idea that Aus/NZ being in rest of the world bracket for the WCPW World Cup is some kind of insult.

Glad that Aus/NZ scene seems to be looking to be more united in building up the scene though.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:13 pm

KLC wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote:A terrific cage match from the EPW promotion that just popped up on YouTube. Logan Grey is pretty good for someone who was in their rookie year. Reminds me of Jeff Hardy.

Was at this show, thought it was one of the best EPW matches of the year. Marcus Pitt is my favourite guy in EPW at the moment. He had a match with Alex Kingston a couple months ago which I thought was the best EPW match of the year so far.
I saw that match with Kingston recently on the EPW on Demand service. That was a fantastic match that a great story of Pitt teetering on becoming a heel. Marcus Pitt is a guy that I am very high on.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:25 pm

KLC wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote:An interesting promo by Mick Moretti (a prominent & talented NSW wrestler), which got a fair bit of buzz on reddit.

Saw this. Wasn't that impressed by the promo (first time seeing Moretti and the promo and character felt derivative in a bad way of Marty Scrull). Also a bit bemused at the idea that Aus/NZ being in rest of the world bracket for the WCPW World Cup is some kind of insult.

Glad that Aus/NZ scene seems to be looking to be more united in building up the scene though.
I can understand that. It has a 'Villain' vibe to it. I wouldn't be surprised that the WCPW reference was made because he is in the tornament or just a way to hype the Aus/NZ side up. I don't think he is really insulted by it. From what I've seen of Moretti, he is a hard guy to describe (he is a weirdo). I've seen him put his hands in his pants & rub it in people's faces. I've seen him fireball Dowie James in MCW. The guy is eccentric.

KLC

Post by KLC » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:37 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
KLC wrote:

I saw that match with Kingston recently on the EPW on Demand service. That was a fantastic match that a great story of Pitt teetering on becoming a heel. Marcus Pitt is a guy that I am very high on.
I forgot that it took an intolerably long time to wait for the cage to be set-up on the night. Meant we had to sit through an intolerably long Taylor King promo segment

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:43 am

Best wrestling segment since the Broken Hardy videos in my opinion.

AJR

Post by AJR » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Thought this would be a good match to share:

Syd Parker vs Adam Brooks from House of Hardcore in Melbourne 2016

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:02 am

AJR wrote:Thought this would be a good match to share:

Syd Parker vs Adam Brooks from House of Hardcore in Melbourne 2016

Definitely a great match to share. A very fun watch. Highly recommended.

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:13 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
ManuRomero90 wrote:Sorry for the bump, i was watching Melbourne City Wrestling and they have a new tag going with TMDK name, Marcius Pitt & Slex. Does anyone know the backstory on his?
Good question. TMDK was actually a stable with Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls, Jonah Rock, Marcus Pitt, Slex & Elliot Sexton. It's just that many people think that TMDK was just the tag team of Haste & Nicholls because of how prolific they have been outside Australia. If I am not mistaken, the current incarnation of TMDK now consists of Jonah Rock, Hartley Jackson, Marcus Pitt & Slex.
I think Damien Slater joined TMDK on the last Wrestle Rampage show.

TMDK kind of became the Australian Bullet Club over the last few years in Australian pro wrestling. Stable were babyfaces in Western Australia and South Australia and heels in Melbourne.

(We'll not talk about Bullet Kliq, which is a stable found in some of the scummier Australian indys who are the dirt worst for obvious reasons just based off the fucking name.)

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Hey Scorp, if you were Australian Vince McMahon (I guess Rupert Murdoch), who'd be your Australian Hulk Hogan to wipe out all those pesky Aussie/Kiwi territories?

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Obviously not Scorpio but the correct answer is absolutely Mr Juicy.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:56 am

Danwaka wrote:Hey Scorp, if you were Australian Vince McMahon (I guess Rupert Murdoch), who'd be your Australian Hulk Hogan to wipe out all those pesky Aussie/Kiwi territories?
Probably TMDK, because they are the Australian Bullet Club. Or bring Travis Banks back to the scene & reunite the South Pacific Power Trip.