Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:29 am

Just for something different, I thought I would make a thread on the Australian wrestling scene as there is very little mention of it on the internet. It is not necessarily the strongest or best wrestling scene. Although, it does feature some good, solid wrestling. Anyway, I should give it some support considering I am Australian.

impactjaz

Re: Australian Indy Wrestling - Home of TMDK

Post by impactjaz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:36 am

Do you have any recent shows from mcw? Always hear about their quality but haven't been able to see anything from them

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:42 am

No, but they have some free matches on YouTube & their shows are available for purchase on Vimeo. Interesting little fact, they recently had Jimmy Havoc & Tyler Bate on their shows.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:53 am

A good match from Wrestle Rampage to kick off the thread. It is between Zero 1 veteran Ikuto Hidaka vs a man who is considered the best wrestler in Australia, Damian Slater

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Australia's weird in that it's had far more women emerging internationally than men, probably due to the success Madison Eagles has had, and her students and contemporaries following in her path. TMDK/TM-61 and Buddy Murphy are good male success stories too, and I've seen Josh Shooter wrestle a few times in England.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:14 pm

An Aussie guy named Adam Brooks recently started getting U.S. bookings in PWX and FIP

impactjaz

Post by impactjaz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

A couple of months ago my local promotion AWE had a post on their facebook page saying a guy called Kingston Eclipse had been signed by NOAH. Haven't seen or heard anything since but Shelton Benjamin runs seminars and works for them often so could be legit.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:24 pm

Quentin Moody wrote:An Aussie guy named Adam Brooks recently started getting U.S. bookings in PWX and FIP
I know of him because he dates Kellyanne, but I can't say I've seen any of his matches. Good way to get some exposure and experience though.

AJR

Post by AJR » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:07 pm

impactjaz wrote:A couple of months ago my local promotion AWE had a post on their facebook page saying a guy called Kingston Eclipse had been signed by NOAH. Haven't seen or heard anything since but Shelton Benjamin runs seminars and works for them often so could be legit.
Yeah, he's over there. http://www.noah.co.jp/news_detail.php?news_id=8556
His facebook also has quite a few photos and videos of his time over there.
themib wrote:
Quentin Moody wrote:An Aussie guy named Adam Brooks recently started getting U.S. bookings in PWX and FIP
I know of him because he dates Kellyanne, but I can't say I've seen any of his matches. Good way to get some exposure and experience though.
Brooks is a really solid worker. He's been in the game for a while and has toured the country pretty extensively. There's a video of one of his GFW matches online, if you can deal with the fact that it was filmed in portrait.

Anyway, I'm glad to see a thread like this pop up and actually get a bit of attention. I'm an Aussie wrestler, and I know far too much about the ins and outs of what's happening in the local scene. But I'm always glad to see international recognition of Australian wrestling.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:26 am

Here's a good contest between Damian Slater vs the heelish Chris Basso in Riot City Wrestling

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Sorry for the bump, i was watching Melbourne City Wrestling and they have a new tag going with TMDK name, Marcius Pitt & Slex. Does anyone know the backstory on his?

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:07 pm

ManuRomero90 wrote:Sorry for the bump, i was watching Melbourne City Wrestling and they have a new tag going with TMDK name, Marcius Pitt & Slex. Does anyone know the backstory on his?
Good question. TMDK was actually a stable with Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls, Jonah Rock, Marcus Pitt, Slex & Elliot Sexton. It's just that many people think that TMDK was just the tag team of Haste & Nicholls because of how prolific they have been outside Australia. If I am not mistaken, the current incarnation of TMDK now consists of Jonah Rock, Hartley Jackson, Marcus Pitt & Slex.

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks! That´s an interesting fact i didn´t knew about.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:57 am

Marty Scurll is doing the October MCW show. Hopefully his knee fares better there than Jimmy Havoc's did.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:43 am

I was quite surprised to find out that a couple of Australian indy wrestlers are having a tour in Michinoku Pro. One of them being Robby Heart, who frequently appears in my local indies. Sure enough, I found this good but short tag team match from a recent show.