Lucha Show/Matches Sticky

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
JML

Re: Lucha Show/Matches Sticky

Post by JML » Wed May 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Are my eyes going crazy, or is that the AAA logo on the mat?
That's a AAA logo. Noticed it too in the Flamita match with Aeroboy.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:51 pm

AAA used to run the building regularly so that explains the logo.

I might be on an island but I absolutely loved the main event on that show. Going in my high end tier of matches this year. Flamita's discus forearm is such a great strike. The Flamita/Dorada interactions were so great... such an awesome tease for Saturday's upcoming match.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Xtreme Tiger v. Volador Jr from last weeks Elite show was really good. Working my way through last weeks CMLL over the next day or so.

TKD

Post by TKD » Wed May 18, 2016 1:20 pm

RobViper13 wrote:I might be on an island but I absolutely loved the main event on that show. Going in my high end tier of matches this year. Flamita's discus forearm is such a great strike. The Flamita/Dorada interactions were so great... such an awesome tease for Saturday's upcoming match.
I'm not sure that I'm quite as high as you on it, but we're probably not far off and part of that is probably me simply wanting more and having trouble thinking about anything but the upcoming CaraLucha Saturday match.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that these four will have a great match together, but the timing couldn't have been better. CaraLucha's videographer used clips of this match in the hype video for the Flamita/Dorada singles match. The match also reprises the great Místico/Volador rivalry of years past and also a bit of Flamita/Volador (incidentally, Flamita's last singles match against a CMLL guy) from last year.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Wed May 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Flamita/Caristico vs. Dorada/Volador was really, really good. There were some spots that made me cringe, but I really did think this was great. Four stars from me. Flamita is just too good.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:40 pm

InYourCase wrote:Flamita/Caristico vs. Dorada/Volador was really, really good. There were some spots that made me cringe, but I really did think this was great. Four stars from me. Flamita is just too good.
He definitely is. When it comes to spot shows in Mexico you always have to go in expecting the worst since so many smaller places the ring sucks or the ropes suck or guys just aren't gonna work hard depending on how awful the local promoter was to them but this match luckily didn't have any of that.

I'll just leave this here since we're talking Flamita... I'm not gonna throw the guy or company under the bus for now but a certain someone affiliated with a well known US indy was approached about using Flamita recently and said he didn't know if Flamita could succeed in a non-Lucha environment & doubt he'd be able to adapt. Luckily there are promoters out there much smarter than this guy. :)
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Thu May 19, 2016 5:38 am

Still Top 10 match of the decade. IMO. I love Averno and find him the most underrated luchador of 21st century. He could've filled Perrito's spot in AAA but nah, let's keep him with Chessman. They don't even use him to put over their young(er) tecnicos, a match or two with Averno would do wonders for Fenix and Aerostar in Mexico.

JML

Post by JML » Sat May 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Last night's Lucha Azteca show of Elite featuring Ultimo Guerrero vs Caristico

JML

Post by JML » Mon May 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Per Cubsfan

Aeroboy vs Extreme Tiger from 5/21

Laredo Kid, Ninja Jr., Último Ninja vs Flamita, Golden Magic, Metaleón from 5/15 in Monterrey

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Finally had a chance to catch up on some of last weekend

Lucha Elite from 05/20 was another enjoyable hour of wrestling. Enjoyed the Caristico v. Ultimo Guerrero main while it lasted, the weekly de-masking spots are getting really old though. I think Rob Viper had mentioned something about that a week or two ago as well

Flamita/Caristico v. Mascara Dorada/Volador Jr - Such a great match. Four stars +

JML

Lucha Show/Matches Sticky

Post by JML » Sat May 28, 2016 9:55 am

Here is Cubsfan's playlist from last week.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ahOIoYFI_1

JML

Post by JML » Sat May 28, 2016 4:32 pm

Here is last night's Lucha Azteca7 Elite Show that includes the battle royal for the Heavyweight Title and the cibernetico for the Middleweight Title.

JML

Post by JML » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:13 pm

As usually, here is last night's Lucha Azteca7 Show.

Bobby Lashley vs Xtreme Tiger

Angel De Oro, Ultimo Ninja, Golden Magic vs Rey Escorpion, Argos, Magnus

Mascara Dorada vs Caristico

Apperently the Liga Elite Tournament is still on.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Dorado/Caristico was fire.

JML

Post by JML » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Hechicero vs Mascara Dorada via Cubsfan